Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,016
Share your Escalade purchase experience here.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,009
    I can't believe no one is buying after reading this:

Consumers' Most Wanted Vehicles for 2004

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• just purchased an 05 escalade but not sure I got a good deal

sticker was 57350

we paid 56740 put 8,000 down and had the availability of the gmac family plan.

Ened up with the smart buy program 48 months at 3.1%

monthly payments ended up at 550.00 with the maintaince program included...

help?
  • traded in an 00 esclade with 60,000 also

gave us 18,000 for it
  • antproantpro Posts: 1
    I bought one also but the sticker was 61,635 and we paid 56,745 with 7500 down and 557 a month for 48 month smartbuy.
  • dl7265dl7265 Posts: 1,381
    was overloaded with black ones. MSRP 56k sell for $40,900.00

DL
  • jjames1jjames1 Posts: 1
    That is a very good deal. Could you mention who the dallas dealer is and the configuration you purchased? I live in the area this would be very useful. Thanks.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    A TV reporter is hoping to talk with someone who wants to purchase a Cadillac. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info by May 31, 2005.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
  • sunnydicksunnydick Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'm looking to buy a used ESV cause I can't afford a new one. Any comments on differences/reliability with the 2003?

Thx.
    -Rich
  • bongo59bongo59 Posts: 13
    with all the new rebates available.................i'll need to sell my ext before i go shopping............i hear the new 05 can be had for less than 48K with all the new rebates..............
  • dtryttendtrytten Posts: 1
    My Escalade Deal
    Raven Black, Shale Interior, Nav Radio, Chrome Wheels, SunRoof. MSRP $60,745.00
    Went thru Cars Direct... out the door, rebate included, $51,205 with 3.9 financing over 60 months.
  • Hi, in today's climate and family pricing, what is a great deal as far as down payment and monthly payment for a lease on either an 05-06 Escalade fully loaded? Taking opinions on if the "EXPERTS" believe the BMW X5 4.4i or the above is the one to own.

Thanks for your time all, Mark
  • mark156mark156 Posts: 1,992
    Schutzhund1.... From what I have read, the new 2007 Escalade will be coming out early in 2006 (March?). I would think it will have a lot of nice upgrades.

So, if you have to have something now, go for the BMW.

Mark
  • Hi, THANK YOU for your help......I can wait for the new Escalade model to come out in early 2006 to even mid 2006. Do you think they will have some incentives on their lease programs similar to what BMW (X5 4.4i)ran in August and from what I heard this coming Oct? Has anyone owned both of these SUV'S and if so, which one did you like best and why? The only thing I don't like about the BMW is the overall storage inside the car.

Thanks so much, Mark
    Schutzgund1, this is totally hypothetical, but I bet there will be incentives for the new Escalade. If fuel prices stay at $3.00 or above, GM will need something to move these huge SUV's off of the showroom floors.

I highly considered the Escalade ESV but I realized that I really don't need one that big. I go to Los Angeles often and it would be difficult to park.

So, I've decided to go with "maybe" the Land Rover LR3, Volvo XC90, Volvo wagon.... lastly... the Honda Pilot or the Acura MDX. From what I understand, the MDX body style will be updated in 2007. I really want third seat seating and there is not much out there the is a reasonable size for ease of parking.

Just my .02, Mark
  • I have the opportunity to purchase an '03 Certified Escalade for $30K with only 43K miles. The Cadillac CPO program is one of the best and I really need a large SUV, but the one thing that is holding me back is the 13 mpg, are there any ways to increase this number with after market parts? I would even settle for 16 mpg. Any help would be appreciated. :confuse:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,896
    Since this is the pricing discussion, you'll have better luck getting feedback from other owners in our general Cadillac Escalade discussion.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tinogtinog Posts: 1
    I wanted to get an opinion on a price of an Escalade I was looking at today at a local dealer.

I worked out a price on it for $43,500

2005 Escalade
    7,500 miles
    White
    Air Conditioning
    Rear Air
    Power Steering
    Power Windows
    Power Door Locks
    Tilt Wheel
    Cruise Control
    AM/FM Stereo
    Multi Compact Disc
    Bose Premium Sound
    Integrated Phone
    OnStar
    Navigation System
    Parking Sensors
    DVD System
    Dual Front Air Bags
    Front Side Air Bags
    ABS (4-Wheel)
    Traction Control
    Leather
    Dual Power Seats
    Moon Roof
    Privacy Glass
    Running Boards
    Premium Wheels
    Oversize Wheels 20''+

It looks like a great truck but am I getting a good deal on it in anyones opinion?

Also can anyone let me know how these trucks are in bad weather? Rain/snow etc.

Thanks
    This thread is SO slow that you might get a faster response if you go over to "Real World Trade In Values" in the Smart Shopper thread. Terry give values for new, used, trade-in and private sale.

Be sure to mention if this Escalade a 4x4 or 4x2.... I'm not sure if they are all 4x4 or not.

Mark
  • just wanted to know if you got your questions answered? I have owned 5 escalades since 2002 (still have 2 right now 1-ext, 1-escalade suv). I think they are once of the best suv's on the road. :)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,896
    A national paper would like to hear from consumers who are back looking at SUVs with the drop in fuel prices. If you have a story to share about how you had put your search on hold, but are now looking at SUVs again, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info., city/state of residence, and the make/model(s) that you are looking for no later than Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• awf_axisawf_axis Posts: 136
    As a newbie, I was requested to post here about the 07 I bought March 1.

Sticker was $66,110.00. Has everything possible, except the $995 Diamond White. Raven Black, 22's, Climate Pkg, Info Pkg, Elec Seat Release, Rear entertainment, 2nd row buckets.

$60,363 before tax & license. Made this deal while vehicle was still in transit from Texas. I'm sure it's hard to believe, but you can go to Sierra Motors (Jamestown, CA) web-site to see their pricing policy. This price was a POSTED price.

Was a 7 hr round trip when I picked it up, but well worth it. Other dealer's in Reno, Sacramento, and in between are all marking UP the price from sticker. On average, about $5000 above sticker.

I was in such shock when the dealer gave me the price, that I made them fax me something to sign, and I gave a credit card over their web-site, credit app page. Gave them a FEDEX number to overnight a contract, and did the deal primarily without going there, except to pick it up. Took less than 1 hr at the dealership. Had to wait 2 weeks for the car to show up in Jamestown. Pick-up March 1, but did the deal Feb 18th.

I had already placed an order through a buying service in Reno (Lee Brothers), but they didn't give me any warm and fuzzies about delivery time. Said I was # 5600 in line with fleet orders, and it would be "maybe" 6-8 weeks.

I had just sold my Denali to a private party, and was without vehicle, so I started hunting around California on Cadillac.com, and came across Sierra Motors. Glad I did. My wife wasn't thrilled with me swiping her car all the time.

As of today, I have 2000 miles on it.
  • tdohtdoh Posts: 298
    That's a mighty-fine price considering that the one you got is practically fully-loaded. Congrats on a wonderful purchase!
  • normalnormal Posts: 19
    I am thinking of purchasing an 07 Escalade within the next couple of months. Does anyone have an idea about future incentives and what they might be, thanks.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,016
    A national newspaper is looking to interview consumers who just purchased or are looking to purchase a large SUV. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday May 10, 2006 by 5:00 PM PST/8:00 PM EST containing your daytime contact information and the vehicle you are interested in purchasing or just purchased (please provide approx. date of purchase).

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

That is an very good price on that vehicle, if I can find it for that price, I will probably buy it. An interesting sidenote, an automotive write for a major newspaper in the Chicago area stated that GM makes about $15,000 on each Escalade. That is a nice profit.
  • bobryanbobryan Posts: 3
    I live in Orlando, Florida. I can't seem to get any good deals in on new cars in central Florida. The last three new model cars I purchase came from North Carolina and South Carolina. Please advise of any Cadillac dealers in the Southeast who sell large volumes at a small profit.
    I have shopped a few dealers and been amazed at how little stock there is at the dealers, they are really pushing orders it seems, which has to be a bit of a nightmare for them as it limits the buyer seeing something and buying right away, any thoughts on Cadillacs slow production?
    I don't believe it's a matter of slow production, but of high demand. Most units are sold before they are delivered.

From what I've heard, the plant producing the '07 SUV's is running all 3 shifts. Mine came from Texas.
    Thanks Dave for the information, Cadillac apparently has a winner on their hands, fuel prices notwithstanding. I may just have to place an order to get one. Any updates on how yours is performing?
    If the following links work, then here are 2 detailed evaluations I wrote up last month. First is a general eval, and the second one regarding towing performance.

awf_axis, "Cadillac Escalade" #860, 25 Apr 2006 10:12 am

awf_axis, "Cadillac Escalade" #890, 15 May 2006 10:54 am

Dave