Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I expect it in the Chevy and GMC, but why does Caddy insist on installing that cheap looking handle for the gear shift lever? It should be on the center console where any real luxury vehicle manufacturer would put it. Just cheapens up the whole interior. Name one other luxury SUV that has it on the column. And don't include MB because they are just using that stalk to satisfy the Chrysler bean counters.
  • jbratxjbratx Posts: 40
    CarMan,
    I recently visited and Cadillac dealership and I checked out an 05 Cadillac Escalade with the PDC package (Chrome Rims/Navigation/Sun Roof). The MSRP is $58,150 and they offered the car to me for $43,000 (taxes and licensing not included). I'm unable to tell if this is a good deal because it's a leftover. Is there a formula for being able to determine how much to pay for a dealer left over? Thanks for any and all help.
  • I recently saw a sale in the newspaper for 2006 leftovers for that same price.You may want to check that out. I foresee them offering the old models at a more discounted price seen they revamped the 2007 model.
  • Thanks! I'll look into that. Where do you live though?
  • I just purchased a quicksilver 2007 Escalade with Info pkg, comfort pkg, 22" wheels, sunroof, for 59,000. List was 62,255. The buying experience was excellent. I purcased from Coast Cadillac in Long Beach.
  • ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    Hi all,

I am in the market for an 07 Escalade w/ AWD and climate, information and entertainment package.

(1) First, do GMID certificates work for purchasing an Escalade?

(2) What is considered a good deal for this type of vehicle?

Appreciate any help you all can provide. Thanks.
  • Hello all,
    I know Cadilac has the navigation event going on now. Do you think GMC will add another rebate/incentive next month for the end of the year? I am trying to decide if I should wait until next month or get the suv now.

Thanks,
    Tim
    I personally don't see the harm in waiting if your not in a rush since the Navi rebate will be good until sometime in January. ;)
    Just wanted to take a minute and post my positive buying experience:

Bought an 07 Escalade in White Diamond, AWD, Info, Rear Entertainment, and Climate Control Packages, Sunroof, Power Rear Folding Seat, Wood grain package, and 20" wheels using the GMID discount at Ed Morse Bayview Cadillac in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Very nice and easy to work with Internet Sales Manager and my overall experience was great!
  • How much did you pay? Also what is the GMID discount? I am located in Florida as well.
    GMID means " GM in your Driveway" discount. If you do a search about GMID in these forums you will get further information about it. Basically, once you get your hands on one of those GMID certificates, you call around different dealers and ask them if they will accept it- if they do- go to that dealership and pick out the Escalade you want and you will pay invoice for the truck. It's a no hassle no haggle way to get a low price on a GM vehicle. The MSRP for the truck I was looking at was 67k. I paid around 58k. With the GMID, there is also a discount on the dealer fee that you pay. I paid $150 for the dealer fee along w/ tax and tag. I got my GMID from Richard.
    You can email him at richard.ott@gm.com and request a GMID certificate from him. He will ask you for the last 4 digits of your SSN and your DOB.
    Good luck and let us know how it turns out ;)
  • that sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

Glenn Kawesch
  • thats great,

Glenn Kawesch
  • good info, thanks for sharing.

Glenn Kawesch
  • Has anyone successfully used the GMID discount on the 2007 Escalade?

What are the current quotes that people have been getting for the 2007 model?
    Yes, I did. Look at post 40 & 42.
  • Has anybody purchased an ext in southern california? Please post prices paid. I'm thiking of purchasing a new ext but sure wheres the best dealer to buy it at. thnx
  • If anyone is looking purchase a vehicle using the GMID discount just e-mail me. acavins@sewell.com
  • How to get the GMID certificate in Southern California area? Where is the best dealer to work with? I'm interested to buy 07 ESV. I apprecciate any hints! Thanks. :)
  • I am looking to purchase a 2007 Escalade ESV with a MSRP of just over $67,000. The dealer quoted me a purchase price of $63,541 with an interest rate of 6.99% for 60 months. 1. Is this a good purchase price for this vehicle?
    2. Does anyone know of any incentives for this vehicle coming out in the near future? I see so many for GM vehicles throughout the year....do they apply to Cadillacs as well?
    Thank you for your input.

Erin
  • Any further suggestions on SoCAL dealers?

Tustin Caddy?
    Nabers Caddy?
    Allen Caddy?

Tustin seems to be the only Caddy ONLY dealer, where the other ones are a combination of GMC and other brands.

I too need your feedback on which one is the best dealer to deal with for the long term.

Thanks,
  • Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal on a 2007 Escalade ESV. 39 month lease with 20,000 miles

MSRP - $70,000
    Cap Cost - $64,388
    Lease Factor - 6.95% or .00290
    Residual Value - 55%

Monthly lease quote by dealer is $978.00

Should I be negotiating something better?

Thank you
  • Hello all,

I am new here and looked at an 07 ESV tonight that I fell in love with, man is that bad!!! I need some help getting a Certificate. I have emailed Richard at GM but looking through past messages I don't know if he will answer, probably gets hit up all the time. So.. any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Chris,, email should not be private?
  • catamcatam Posts: 331
    Be careful.
    IIRC, the guy who offered the GMID to anyone who emailed, wanted you to send your Social sec #. IMHO this is a terribly bad idea. You have no idea who that guy may be. I hope you did not give out that info. If so I would check your credit right away. Good luck.
  • njcaguynjcaguy Posts: 12
    I finally purchased my 07 Escalade loaded 2WD from Nabers Caddy in SoCal. Experience was great and the GMID discount (received from someone else) was most helpful. No haggle, around $1K under invoice, put dealer took off another $1,500 in dealer cash. Like an earlier post said, you have to be offerred the GMID discount and all they need is the last 4 digits of your SS# and your DOB, that's it. Of course you still have to feel that you can trust this person, but I would hope that whoever offerred the GMID discount just has a kind heart, but that's always tough to tell over the Internet. So far I love this vehicle!
  • OK, so can someone give me a general idea on how to obtain a GMID? thanks alot
    Chris :) :)
  • kwkkcommkwkkcomm Posts: 1
    Is your vehicle totally loaded? I purchased a esv w every option for almost the exact price. I recieved $1000 rebate & 0% for 36 mo. I thought i got a great deal?
  • I am about to purchase esc EXT...how is this GMID works?
  • moigymoigy Posts: 3
    I just bought one with a sticker price of $67,800 for $62,250. I bought it in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The final sales experience was a nightmare - over 5 hours and the dealer tried to pull a fast one. Now he is attempting to correct his stupidity. What is a GMID?
  • njcaguynjcaguy Posts: 12
    What I don't like about Caddy dealerships is that they are combined all in one lump with Buick, Pontiac, GMC so there is no exclusive luxury feel when you go to a Combined Dealership like this. Compare my Cadillac GMC Pontiac dealership to a Lexus, BMW or Mercedes Dealership and it's like night and day. Caddy dealership just seem outdated.

GMID is standard for GM in the Driveway Discount which is like a friends and family discount, not as good as an employee discount, but still around $1,000 under invoice, no haggle + any further incentives that GM is offerring at the time.