Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• awf_axisawf_axis Posts: 136
    As a newbie, I was requested to post here about the 07 I bought March 1.

Sticker was $66,110.00. Has everything possible, except the $995 Diamond White. Raven Black, 22's, Climate Pkg, Info Pkg, Elec Seat Release, Rear entertainment, 2nd row buckets.

$60,363 before tax & license. Made this deal while vehicle was still in transit from Texas. I'm sure it's hard to believe, but you can go to Sierra Motors (Jamestown, CA) web-site to see their pricing policy. This price was a POSTED price.

Was a 7 hr round trip when I picked it up, but well worth it. Other dealer's in Reno, Sacramento, and in between are all marking UP the price from sticker. On average, about $5000 above sticker.

I was in such shock when the dealer gave me the price, that I made them fax me something to sign, and I gave a credit card over their web-site, credit app page. Gave them a FEDEX number to overnight a contract, and did the deal primarily without going there, except to pick it up. Took less than 1 hr at the dealership. Had to wait 2 weeks for the car to show up in Jamestown. Pick-up March 1, but did the deal Feb 18th.

I had already placed an order through a buying service in Reno (Lee Brothers), but they didn't give me any warm and fuzzies about delivery time. Said I was # 5600 in line with fleet orders, and it would be "maybe" 6-8 weeks.

I had just sold my Denali to a private party, and was without vehicle, so I started hunting around California on Cadillac.com, and came across Sierra Motors. Glad I did. My wife wasn't thrilled with me swiping her car all the time.

As of today, I have 2000 miles on it.
  • tdohtdoh Posts: 298
    That's a mighty-fine price considering that the one you got is practically fully-loaded. Congrats on a wonderful purchase!
  • normalnormal Posts: 19
    I am thinking of purchasing an 07 Escalade within the next couple of months. Does anyone have an idea about future incentives and what they might be, thanks.
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,023
    A national newspaper is looking to interview consumers who just purchased or are looking to purchase a large SUV. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday May 10, 2006 by 5:00 PM PST/8:00 PM EST containing your daytime contact information and the vehicle you are interested in purchasing or just purchased (please provide approx. date of purchase).

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

That is an very good price on that vehicle, if I can find it for that price, I will probably buy it. An interesting sidenote, an automotive write for a major newspaper in the Chicago area stated that GM makes about $15,000 on each Escalade. That is a nice profit.
  • bobryanbobryan Posts: 3
    I live in Orlando, Florida. I can't seem to get any good deals in on new cars in central Florida. The last three new model cars I purchase came from North Carolina and South Carolina. Please advise of any Cadillac dealers in the Southeast who sell large volumes at a small profit.
    I have shopped a few dealers and been amazed at how little stock there is at the dealers, they are really pushing orders it seems, which has to be a bit of a nightmare for them as it limits the buyer seeing something and buying right away, any thoughts on Cadillacs slow production?
    I don't believe it's a matter of slow production, but of high demand. Most units are sold before they are delivered.

From what I've heard, the plant producing the '07 SUV's is running all 3 shifts. Mine came from Texas.
    Thanks Dave for the information, Cadillac apparently has a winner on their hands, fuel prices notwithstanding. I may just have to place an order to get one. Any updates on how yours is performing?
    If the following links work, then here are 2 detailed evaluations I wrote up last month. First is a general eval, and the second one regarding towing performance.

awf_axis, "Cadillac Escalade" #860, 25 Apr 2006 10:12 am

awf_axis, "Cadillac Escalade" #890, 15 May 2006 10:54 am

Dave
  • I expect it in the Chevy and GMC, but why does Caddy insist on installing that cheap looking handle for the gear shift lever? It should be on the center console where any real luxury vehicle manufacturer would put it. Just cheapens up the whole interior. Name one other luxury SUV that has it on the column. And don't include MB because they are just using that stalk to satisfy the Chrysler bean counters.
  • jbratxjbratx Posts: 40
    CarMan,
    I recently visited and Cadillac dealership and I checked out an 05 Cadillac Escalade with the PDC package (Chrome Rims/Navigation/Sun Roof). The MSRP is $58,150 and they offered the car to me for $43,000 (taxes and licensing not included). I'm unable to tell if this is a good deal because it's a leftover. Is there a formula for being able to determine how much to pay for a dealer left over? Thanks for any and all help.
  • I recently saw a sale in the newspaper for 2006 leftovers for that same price.You may want to check that out. I foresee them offering the old models at a more discounted price seen they revamped the 2007 model.
  • Thanks! I'll look into that. Where do you live though?
  • I just purchased a quicksilver 2007 Escalade with Info pkg, comfort pkg, 22" wheels, sunroof, for 59,000. List was 62,255. The buying experience was excellent. I purcased from Coast Cadillac in Long Beach.
  • ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    Hi all,

I am in the market for an 07 Escalade w/ AWD and climate, information and entertainment package.

(1) First, do GMID certificates work for purchasing an Escalade?

(2) What is considered a good deal for this type of vehicle?

Appreciate any help you all can provide. Thanks.
  • Hello all,
    I know Cadilac has the navigation event going on now. Do you think GMC will add another rebate/incentive next month for the end of the year? I am trying to decide if I should wait until next month or get the suv now.

Thanks,
    Tim
    I personally don't see the harm in waiting if your not in a rush since the Navi rebate will be good until sometime in January. ;)
    Just wanted to take a minute and post my positive buying experience:

Bought an 07 Escalade in White Diamond, AWD, Info, Rear Entertainment, and Climate Control Packages, Sunroof, Power Rear Folding Seat, Wood grain package, and 20" wheels using the GMID discount at Ed Morse Bayview Cadillac in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Very nice and easy to work with Internet Sales Manager and my overall experience was great!
  • How much did you pay? Also what is the GMID discount? I am located in Florida as well.