Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Just picked up my 2009 HCH (without navigation or leather).

I think I got a pretty good deal, you tell me:

$18,830 plus $98 processing, $1,135.74 Maryland tax (6%), and $222 for tags.

$20,286.74 on the road (or out the door, as we used to say).

Plus they gave me a $100 gift card to be used at the dealership.

Any ideas on what I should buy with the gift card? The car kind of comes with everything.

O'Donnell Honda - Ellicott City, MD - Soon Ok was the very pleasant and helpful salesperson.
  • azbazb Posts: 1
    09 civic hybrid base (no navi no leather)
    paid $225.36 before tax in south florida today ($240.01 tax in). I put down $395 for first month, registration and plates. Also got 3 free oil changes.....
  • alliecat1alliecat1 Posts: 11
    Hi all.
    This forum was so helpful that i wanted to post my deal i got it from Gardena Honda in Los Angeles.
    i did alot of emailing for this and most dealers couldn't match or beat this for the hybrid: i know the drive off was higher than most are paying, but i'm happy with this price. it is for 36 months and 12k a year.

I paid $1100 total drive off (including first month, taxes, dmv fees, and $554 down) and $220/month including tax (9.25%)

Cap Cost: $19802.33
    61% residual
    money factor .00125
    monthly: $201.37
    Monthly with tax (CA 9.25%) $220.00

good luck all!!!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,456
    Congratulations! That's a great price.. :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kwyoonkwyoon Posts: 25
    alliecat1, your money factor had to have been 0.00175, not 0.00125.
    Just took delivery of a '09 Civic Hybrid base model (w/ mud guards and wheel locks :surprise: ) from Autowest Honda (Sac. area) after a couple of days of negotiations.

Price: $18,800.00
    Payments: $218.48/mo. for 36 mo., $0 drive off (incl. 8.25% tax)
    (1st mo. payment, licence and fees were incl. in cap cost to make $0 drive off)
    1 free "hybrid" oil change (supposed to be synthetic oil) :P

Another dealer was going to sell it to me for $18,550 and I could have saved ~$9/mo, but I didn't want to drive out there.

I think you still have a few days until this deal is over, but the month starts over again so they may not be so desperate. Good luck!
  • Looking at 2009 HCHs with navigation and leather seats and have a dealer offer of $3,000 off the MSRP and $200 below Blue Book for my Honda trade in. Is this where the market is at now or should I keep looking?

Taking $3,000 off the MSRP of $27,520 is about $300 below the Consumer Reports Bottom Line Number.

I would like to complete the transaction by the end of this week if all the numbers seem reasonable. I am relocating in a week for a new job and I'm not sure where I have more leverage--in Southeast Florida or where my family and I are moving--St. Louis, MO. I am not focused on the absolute bottom line number, but somewhere near that number.

The dealership kept trying to push me into an Insight but I had great experience and enjoyed the extra leg room for the passengers in a Civic Sedan in the early 90s and have been leaning towards the HCH because of that.

Thanks in advance for your comments!
  • pvhpvh Posts: 5
    Sounds good.. Just be patient though and don't be afraid to politely refuse any offer. You can ALWAYS return a couple days later and say, "yup, I'll take you up on that offer of 5 days ago!" regardless of a time limit that they may tell you. During that time just go to a competitor and tell them what so and so dealership is offering you.
    Patience and foot work if you have the time and effort.

PVH
  • pvhpvh Posts: 5
    regarding the Insight. The initial prices that they are charging will come down dramatically in another 6-8 weeks.
  • bradzepfanbradzepfan Posts: 4
    I am feeling a little angry that the Honda dealership told me with a straight face that I was getting the "best deal around", and that my price of $29,600 was making them "lose their shirts", but someone mentioned that dealerships can sell at "break even point" or even at a loss and still make money on the deal based on their relationship with the Honda Corp.

Here are the stats:

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid with leather and navigation, 120K/6year extended warranty, taxes & fees OUT THE DOOR for $29,600.

Can anyone tell me was I robbed blind? Or was this price within reason?
    this Honda was purchased from a Los Angeles area dealership....
  • teampoppyteampoppy Posts: 2
    I just got the civic hybrid w/ leather and nav two days ago at an orange county dealer (OC Honda World). I didn't add any extra warranty stuff. The price was $23666 + 595 acquisition fee. They told me the price was $2000 under invoice because of incentives from Honda that were good thru May 4.
  • bradzepfanbradzepfan Posts: 4
    So with taxes you paid about $26,561 or so?
  • sd83srrsd83srr Posts: 7
    I wanted to know if anyone has Purchased / Leased a 2009 Civic LX in the month of May or if they know of any special financing, special discounts, money factor/buy rate, etc. I am in need of this information ASAP. I am looking to get into a new car in a week or two due to a lease transfer. Are the 2010's coming out soon? Thanks in advance!
  • teampoppyteampoppy Posts: 2
    yes that is correct. The price I posted did not include tax.
  • topgun12topgun12 Posts: 2
    I got what I think is a good internet price on an EX sedan with automatic for 17500, but the fees include a "processing fee" off 399. Is that something I should be paying, or trying to negotiate to get rid of?
  • tventtvent Posts: 17
    In Virginia all of my price quotes have that, it couldn't hurt to try to include it into the price. Your quote seems right on compared to what someone else here paid. I'm interested in the same car, has anyone got quotes for the EX Navi, EX-L or EX-L Navi or bought these recently? I haven't seen many people post their prices paid for these models. Edmunds doesn't seem very reliable right now because a lot of the deals I'm seeing are well below TMV.
  • massive1massive1 Posts: 1
    Last month I bought a EX-L Navi for $21.4K plus Tax and License in Victorville CA. The salesman told me they were making about $380.00 on the deal with incentives and holdback. This was right inline with Edmunds TMV..
  • topgun12topgun12 Posts: 2
    FYI, I got the 399 processing fee down to 99 by sending part of a quote from a dealer in MD who had a 99 fee. This dealer is also offering to beat the VA offer by 500 but we'll see.
  • I want to know what you all think of a deal I have for a new 2009 Honda Hybrid with leather and Navi for $23,195 plus tax (3%) $398 dealer documentation fee, $74 for a new tag ($55 to transfer)
  • pluto168pluto168 Posts: 44
    wow, you've got a great deal. What's the other dealership name? Does your $18,800 include destination charge?
    yes, $18,800 included dest. fee. the other dealership was Auburn Honda.
  • raubapraubap Posts: 1
    I just got a basic Civic hybrid 2009, $22K, out of the door at a San Diego dealer.
    I think it's a great deal. I did not get any extra offer like alarm, extended warranty.
  • teach42teach42 Posts: 7
    Found this in the newspaper for a local Honda dealer. I haven't done any other research just yet, but my Accord lease is about to run out, and I was thinking this sounded like a good deal. Thoughts?

2009 Civic Hybrid Featured Special Lease $199.00 per month for 36 months. $2,299.00 total due at signing.

Includes down payment with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, titles and fees. For well-qualified buyers.

FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2009 Civic Continuously Variable Transmission (Model FA3629EW) for $199.00 per month for 36 months with a $1,505.00 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $2,299.00 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment with no security deposit, AHFC upfront acquisition fee and capitalized cost reduction; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.

Subject to limited availability. 5/5/2009 through 7/6/2009, to approved lessees by American Honda Finance Corp. Closed end lease for 2009 Civic Continuously Variable Transmission vehicles (Model FA3629EW), for well qualified lessees. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $24,320.00 (includes destination) less the capitalized cost reduction (which may be paid by the suggested dealer contribution) resulting in actual net capitalized cost $20,040.39. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Taxes, license, title fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $7,164.00. Option to purchase at lease end $14,835.20. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15 cents/mi. over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, but for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more, mileage cost is 20 cents/mi. over 12,000 miles/year. See dealer for complete details.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 436
    This is the nationally advertised deal, so with some internet shopping you should be able to do a little better. We just leased on 09 Civic Hybrid on Apr 29, 24mo/15k per year, $1000 drive off, 260 per month (incl 8.75% tax). Just like you, we were at the end of our Accord lease. Be prepared for a much different driving experience - we already miss the more upscale Accord a little. So far, we are only averaging about 32 mpg - hopefully that will improve with more miles. Just make sure you test drive the car thoroughly and are satisfied with the smaller, lesser powered car. Hope this helps.
    Take care.

Bill G
  • djchad94djchad94 Posts: 2
    After reading this forum for three weeks and seeing the deals people were getting, I feel I got a fair price of $20,188 + TTL. I tried my hardest to get it $19,999 but no dealer would accept. I bought it from Wittmeier Auto Center in Chico, CA. Was in and out of the dealership in less than an hour. I just showed up (first time I had ever been to the dealership), signed docs and left. Pretty easy.

I know I didn't get the BEST deal out there but as far as I can tell, it's the best price I've seen in CA. :)
  • Getting email offers of about 20,188 for the base HCH, MSRP $24,320. This does not include dealer options and TTL. Anyone know how much they can go lower? I also heard that there is a $2000 dealer incentive from Honda on the hybrids
  • timaztimaz Posts: 7
    There is or at least there was a $2000 dealer incentive, which the dealer is likely taking into account on the price they give you. You never see the money, which is actually best because it helps you get a better deal without devaluing the car. I think your price is very good, assuming the dealer add-ons are minimal. Maybe not the very best you could get, but pretty decent. I paid 19,900 with dealer options (tint, door guard, nitrogen in the tires, special magic paint protectent). Most of the stuff is nice to have, but just added on to give an excuse for marking up the cost. Those extras have a huge mark up. It doesn't really cost them much to do, especially given the scale (when they have someone tint the 20 new cars off the truck, you can bet they have a special deal with someone to get it done for half of what it costs aftermarket, yet they will charge way more than the aftermarket price. I don't blame them for doing this - they are just trying to increase their profit, but they don't need to make a fat profit at your expense. I would see if they would give you the price of 20,188 with dealer add ons, or see if they or another dealer has a car without the add-ons (assuming you don't care about having most of those features.) Also, I would email other dealerships to see if you can get an even better deal in writing, even if it is from a dealership 100 or 200 miles away (would you drive 100 miles to get an otherwise free $500?) Then see if your local dealer will match the price. Or, pick which dealer you feel most comfortable with, who isn't too high-pressure and playing shell games, and tell them you would prefer to do business with them if they can match X price out the door, with dealer add ons.
  • I paid 19700 for the base hybrid with no options. could have saved another $1000 if I knew USAA had a car buying service. Check to see if you are a member of any buying service AAA or USAA for instance. No negotiation worries and a great price.
  • txmonkeytxmonkey Posts: 5
    I tried going trough the USAA buying service last week and $21,100 was the best it would give me. How you were going to be able to get it for $18,700? BTW, $19,700 is a great price.
  • txmonkeytxmonkey Posts: 5
    Just received and accepted offer from dealer in the north DFW area for a HCH w/ Leather for $20,145 including destination charge. As I mentioned previously, I tried the USAA program last week but speaking with the dealer directly worked the best. Also provided offer for the LX-S for $16,500 but went with the hybrid.