Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1242526272830»

Comments

• Your information would make sense given that I was told there was an additional $1000 dealer incentive cash available, as opposed to the $2000 you say you got. But this was absolutely the lowest price I could negotiate.

I had one other dealer(Durham) get in the game this morning. They said I should have come to them(after I already did) and they could have beaten this offer. Well, I told them I hadn't signed yet, so if they could make me an offer, my ears were open. They called me later and told me that they could sell me this car for $24300 OTD, with a "this is good news" tone in their voice. Pretty good I told them. So that is with the warranty? "Nope" they inform me, which puts them at the highest counter-offer of all the dealerships I dealt with. Why make me that offer? They must have thought I was bluffing is all I can figure. But all four other dealerships I spoke with made better offers than what they were putting on the table, and I told them so.

Wilson did the same thing. They made a counter offer which was $400-$500 over what 3 other dealerships gave me. Then they kept saying, tell us what we need to do to make this deal. I told them match the other offers. The said they couldn't do that. Then why pressure me to buy from them???? I just don't get that.
  • Final post on the matter- what i paid and what I may have saved:

Retail on the vehicle: 25522 (includes destination).
    What I paid OTD: 25454
    Financed 100% at 4.5% for 60 months.
    Items not paid for:
    974 - price of options installed (splash guards, trunk tray, fog lights)
    ok, this sounds a little inflated, but at most subtract $200.
    472 - TTL
    766 - NC vehicle tax(702 actual paid)
    1246 - 8yr 120k mile warranty
    --------
    $3526

If I had gone in and bought this car at retail, it would have cost me
    25522 + 3526 = $29048

The warranty is supposedly at cost. If you believe that I could have gotten that warranty for $850, then my savings is only about $3100, $2900 if you think i also paid too much for the options installed. But these numbers are all fairly soft since I was talking OTD price, not negotiating on each item seperately.
  • Final post on the matter- what i paid and what I may have saved:

Retail on the vehicle: 25522 (includes destination).
    What I paid OTD: 25454
    Financed 100% at 4.5% for 60 months.
    Items not paid for:
    974 - price of options installed (splash guards, trunk tray, fog lights)
    ok, this sounds a little inflated, but at most subtract $200.
    472 - TTL
    766 - NC vehicle tax(702 actual paid)
    1246 - 8yr 120k mile warranty
    68 - savings off of MSRP
    --------
    $3526

If I had gone in and bought this car at retail, it would have cost me
    25522 + 3526 = $29048

The warranty is supposedly at cost. If you believe that I could have gotten that warranty for $850 with this price, then my savings is only about $3100, $2900 if you think i also paid too much for the options installed. But these numbers are all fairly soft since I was talking OTD price, not negotiating on each item seperately, so the $3526 savings is probably more accurate.
  • Hello,
    I need some feedback on a deal I have on a 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid EX, 4dr sedan with leather and navigation. The dealer is offering 23990 + TTL can I do better? I had asked if there was any wiggle room on price and he said some, but I had to come into the dealer first. I guess they want a warm body to make there finally pitch. So my question what should I offer them
  • I basically got my vehicle plus destination for 21996. This does not include TTL. If I calculate a similar deal for you on your car, I get 23758 plus TTL. I bought mine at the end of July when there was an additional $1000 of dealer incentives which apparently was passed on to me. I heard in June it was $2000 and many purchased a HCH EXL for several hundred less than I did. I couldn't find anything cheaper out there. Now you have the problem where the dealerships have sold 50% more cars than they expected to with the clunker program, which may mean that their inventory is much lower than the expected and they are not going to be willing to come down as much as they had been reducing prices. In addition, they now know that there will be an additional 2 billion dollars next week for clunkers, which means a steady stream of unexpected customers. If they are willing to come down a couple hundred from the price you listed, I think you are probably getting a good deal.

Although I am flying by the seat of my pants, I hope this is of some help to you.
  • carpiedcarpied Posts: 6
    I had a price of $23063 (+ttl) for the HCH LNav. That included $2000 dealer incentive available in June. I don't know if there's dealer cash available now. So, that is a pretty good price that you've been quoted. Work it down and you're doing even better! :shades:
  • It was probably $1,000 below sticker when you look at the things that were thrown in. Also, no sales tax on hybrids now in connecticut: $1500 off! Yes!

I also got the lowest level extended warranty on 100K mile bumper to bumper for $25/month. It's a deal for me because it includes rental and roadside assistance, and I live alone. I have to get to work, so, it's a good deal for me. I also got that without tax.

Got the all weather floor mats. They had already put the wheel locks on, but, OK>

I didn't go for the leather or the GPS or the 5 cd changer or XM radio. Who knows if any of that will be usable in a couple of years. Better to do those myself so I can upgrade.

I came in without a trade in: 10K cash, credit score 857!!!! 4.9% 60 but I'll pay it off in 48 or less.

I think it was good because with all the hoopla over Toyota, they don't have to look for buyers: Also, the connecticut tax incentive pretty much drives people in.

I could have opted for the 2007 used one, but I figured it's already old. And the sales tax would have brought it up beyond 19K. Better to invest the next few thou on a new one: 2010!!!
  • jett456jett456 Posts: 33
    Anybody lease a hybrid lately? I got a call today from Honda Finance telling me that now I have to pay sales tax. The lease extends past the end of the incentive program. Ha, funny that the dealer didn't mention that when I was negotiating the deal. I smell a class action lawsuit coming. I am so pissed!!!!
  • zoranzoran Posts: 68
    any input on 2012 purchase or lease?
  • Just starting to research this... seems like a lot of battery issues at this millage... I've got an OK deal on the table, but not one that would take into account replacing the battery. Do you think an aftermarket warranty would cover the battery ? Just looking for thoughts...

Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    A reporter is interested in talking with owners of a 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid who are also parents. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Monday, October 31, 2011 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I bought my Honda Civic Hybrid from Alex at Jim Colemen Honda. It was in low $20K with tag and tax. He was quite helpful and provided lots of details when I was choosing between Accord and Civic Hybrid. It was a good experience. I will probably go back to him if I choose Honda again.
  • Looking at a 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid. 90K miles, good price. For comparison, I'm currently driving a 97 Toyota RAV4 (2WD) w/ 125K miles that will need body work, so a 2004 is a lot newer. Love my RAV4, but it's time for a change.

How does it do in snow?

Other than batter replacement at some point, what other major systems may need care soon? Is the transmission reliable? I'm getting it inspected, but I'd love to hear from HCH owners.

How do you like your Civic Hybrid? thanks.