Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• saab2saab2 Posts: 6
    The rebate in my part of the country is presently $2000. I can do a no haggle deal at 1.9% above factory invoice ($570 on a $30,000 truck) and then tack on the 2 grand. This deal doesn't have me reaching for my checkbook just yet. My questions are twofold: leaving out the financing and trade allowances etc., how far below invoice can I expect to get the dealership? and does anybody know where Toyota is with unsold inventory at present? If there are a lot of Tundras hanging around they may raise the rebates on 7/2 when the current ones expire, but if they're just about sold out don't expect it to go down. Most of the country seems to be at $3000, but not upstate NY. Thanks
  • captbobhcaptbobh Posts: 7
    I just put a down payment on a new (ordered) 4X4 DC Tundra with a 4.7 V8 from a dealer in Upstate NY (Buffalo area). I went with the 4.7L when I was originally going with the Big Boy 5.7L until I read a article dated 5/31/07 that Toyota may have to have a recall on that engine because of BAD cams. They have had to do 20 complete engine replacements. Here's the article.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070531/AUTO01/705310379/1148

But anyways the dealer took off $2030 off the sticker plus the $2000 factory rebate and gave me $11,000 for my Escape which was about $2000 more than expected. So I have them $500 deposit and now just waiting for TUNDRA to arrive.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    I don't know. With 40000 machines sold and 20 engine replacements I would have gone with the bigger engine regardless. (They may have replaced 10 4.7 L engines as far as we know)

Anyway about a 6000 off MSRP deal is about the going rate so you got a good deal on a good truck.

Happy Driving
    --jjf

just put a down payment on a new (ordered) 4X4 DC Tundra with a 4.7 V8 from a dealer in Upstate NY (Buffalo area). I went with the 4.7L when I was originally going with the Big Boy 5.7L until I read a article dated 5/31/07 that Toyota may have to have a recall on that engine because of BAD cams. They have had to do 20 complete engine replacements. Here's the article.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070531/AUTO01/705310379/1148

But anyways the dealer took off $2030 off the sticker plus the $2000 factory rebate and gave me $11,000 for my Escape which was about $2000 more than expected. So I have them $500 deposit and now just waiting for TUNDRA to arrive.
  • zmeagainzmeagain Posts: 3
    I'm about to buy an '07 tundra demo. 5500 miles. driven by toyota area rep. MSRP is $33665.00 and they want $24998.00
    any comments on this deal? thanks.
    We will have to see what Toyota does. If there is a major recall we know the problem is worse, much worse than anyone here thinks. Just the fact that Toyota is "considering" a recall makes me think this could be just the tip of the ice berg.

Bottom line for me is I don't really need all that power to tow my boat so why take the chance. And here's the kicker I didn't mention when I went to the dealership. They said they didn't have any 5.7L trucks only the 4.7L ones. But when I went way back behind the dealership they had a half dozen parked there with 5.7L engines with different packages. Kind of made me think they were sitting on them to see what is going on with the 5.7L engines.
  • abac1abac1 Posts: 19
    They were probably sold. In the Atlanta area the lots have been loaded the 4.7's since the launch. The 5.7's have been moving fast especially in 4x4's.
    That was what I thought at first but when I approached the salesman on it he said he wasn't aware that they had any. They were definitely NOT sold except one that had a NOT for sale "FLEET" vehicle sticker on the window.
    5500 miles is about $1500 off on a demo. An 8500 off deal seems good, especially given some others posted. Email 10-20 dealers end of month for quotes on new ones and see what you can work with the best 2-3 on a new one before pursuing the demo.

Shoot for more off obviously but if that is their bottom line, and you really want it you definitely could do worse.

--jjf

I'm about to buy an '07 tundra demo. 5500 miles. driven by toyota area rep. MSRP is $33665.00 and they want $24998.00
    any comments on this deal? thanks.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Posts: 2,882
    5500 miles is about $1500 off on a demo

When I bought my 06 in Jan 07, the dealer had two identical trucks, one was a demo with 6K miles and the other was new with 8 miles. He wouldn't discount the demo even a nickel. Needless to say I bought the new one.
  • zmeagainzmeagain Posts: 3
    thanks for the replies. the dealer is working with me on a few "extras" like XM radio and swapping out the drop in bedliner and replacing with the bed rail system because i'm going to get it linexed. I really want this truck so i won't get to hard nosed with them. we are coming up on the end of the month and the end of the 2nd qtr. so they may be a bit more willing to give a little to make their sales numbers.
  • I like the tundra but was waiting for the newness to wear off for competitive pricing and rebates. Yesterday, I saw that Toyota is offering a $3000 rebate so I signed up for the costco program (I hate bickering over price) and went to the local dealer that I was referred to. They offered me $500 over invoice and I was happy with that but they had only one truck left in inventory as others have apparently also jumped on the rebate. I didn't like the color so I signed up for a truck that was due in within the next two weeks at $500 over invoice. I noticed some odd misc. charges for the truck that I decided against buying. I can't remember all of the details but there was a finance charge for about $300 and also a prep and handling fee for $700 and something like a TDA fee for about the same. Are any of those fees normal and customary fees or are they "party fees" used to jack up the price and make the deal not nearly so good?
    They are "party fees" used to jack up the price and make the deal not nearly so good.

--jjf

I like the tundra but was waiting for the newness to wear off for competitive pricing and rebates. Yesterday, I saw that Toyota is offering a $3000 rebate so I signed up for the costco program (I hate bickering over price) and went to the local dealer that I was referred to. They offered me $500 over invoice and I was happy with that but they had only one truck left in inventory as others have apparently also jumped on the rebate. I didn't like the color so I signed up for a truck that was due in within the next two weeks at $500 over invoice. I noticed some odd misc. charges for the truck that I decided against buying. I can't remember all of the details but there was a finance charge for about $300 and also a prep and handling fee for $700 and something like a TDA fee for about the same. Are any of those fees normal and customary fees or are they "party fees" used to jack up the price and make the deal not nearly so good?
    My dealer found a Tundra that I like except it has carpeted floor matts that cost $178 that I'm going to tell them to keep. It's expected in on Thursday but I have to wait until sometime next week when I get back from a trip to take delivery. NO party fees have been included in my deal. $2030 off the sticker plus the $2000 rebate and $2500 more on my trade in than expected. COLOR ME HAPPY ! ! !

Now has anyone see any F150's that need crushing :)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
    A reporter would like to talk to recent buyers of the Toyota Tundra or Chevrolet Silverado. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than June 20, 2007 with your daytime contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• abac1abac1 Posts: 19
    Compare dealers and ask for a drive out price. This should include sales tax and any other fees they are trying to collect. Then you know where you stand before they have you ready to sign and start with fee additions.
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    The salesman was a dunce. Obviously doesn't know his inventory.
    :(
    Mackabee
  • rappcovarappcova Posts: 24
    I have posted previously to this forum, so will try not to repeat too much about my deal.

My Tundra (5.7 DC, bench seat, TRD, etc.) arrived early this week after a 77-day wait. I've posted to New Owner Reports (#1415) with the details of my order. When I signed the order back in March, I agreed to a price $998 over invoice. This was much better than what I was offered by 3 other area Toyota dealers. While waiting for my truck, I read a lot about better deals and decided I should try to re-negotiate when the truck arrived. However, recently Toyota began offering incentives (manufacturer to consumer). Some here have reported incentives as high as $3,500. The fine print says that it depends on the geographical area and somewhat on dealer participation. On my truck the incentive is $2,500 (I checked with 3 dealers). So, since I had agreed to a deal, and Toyota came in with $2,500, I decided to accept what I had agreed to.

Bottom line: The sticker on my truck is $34,415. The invoice is $31,389. I have a copy of the invoice. So the dealer added $998 to the invoice price and then subtracted $2,500 for the incentive. The final price ($29,887) was $4,528 below MSRP and $1,502 below invoice.

I know some of you think I should have tried to get $2,000 more, but I think I came out pretty well. There were things in the invoice that I suppose some would have tried to challenge. There was $551 TDA which I've read in Consumer Reports and Edmunds is seldom negotiable. My invoice also had $623 in Dealer Holdback and $311 in Wholesale Financial Reserve which were probably negotiable. But I didn't challenge those charges.

My "party fees" were $351. Of those, one of them was for
    "Processing Fee for Consumer Services" and it was printed
    permanently on the invoice form. That fee was $248. What a ripoff!!.

Hope all this is helpful. Just one voice in the crowd. By the way, my region is DC metropolitan area. My dealer was in Charlottesville, VA.

--rappcova--
  • budgoobudgoo Posts: 7
    ....no posts. Does that mean no buying? I wonder if Tundra sales have cooled off a bit, or if no one is talking about them.

I've been watching different websites and inventory in the surrounding area. Either the websites are not kept up to date or there have been very few sales. There has been a push on TV advertisements in the Memphis area where I live. The newspapers advertise "UP TO" $6,000 off MSRP. With the current $3000 cash incentive (good thru 7-9-07)I have already gotten quotes around $5400 off MSRP on the 2X4 SR5 DC 5.7, and some quite a bit higher. This fish didn't jump on those hooks.

If inventory is building, trucks are not moving, I think the discounts will be going up in one form or the other in July/Aug as I have seen mentioned on this thread. I think I'll wait a bit. Of course this is one man's opinion, and with that and a buck or so, you can buy yourself a cup of coffee.

As an aside, the dealership in Ashville, NC mentioned in this thread IS offering up some good no-haggle deals.
    I finally got my Tundra yesterday (Friday). I had to go to a different dealership. There are not that many Tundra's in my area and maybe that is why we are ONLY offered a $2000 rebate and they are not dealing down (discount) with 5.7L engines like the 4.7L engines.

Here is a question I want to post because no one here seems to know. How does the Windshield Wiper De-icer work with the cold climate package that I have. Salesman didn't know and I have yet to see anything in the owners manual.
    A couple of comments:

BUYER BEWARE: A dealership in smalltown, AR sent me a quote via email that included, "Incentives are 0% for 60mos or $2500 cash back!" Bear in mind that the quote was for a Tundra with a 5.7L engine. For that region they were correct on the "0% for 60mos" but not on the cash back. According to their own website, which was correct, the cash back offer for the 5.7L engine is and was $3000 through 07-09-07. For the 4.7 L the cash back offer is and was $3500. When I brought that to the salesman's attention she said I was wrong. I know that I wasn't. It's on THEIR website, and it is CORRECT. I had checked it with Toyota. She put a "manager" online who tried to deflect the attention to the 2% over cost selling price--YADA, YADA, YADA. What ya' don't know in advance can hurt ya'! I DID file an official complaint with Toyota.

As far as the "Windshield Wiper De-icer"--I'm not sure. To me there are only 2 ways to de-ice a windshield. You can de-ice with (1) heat or (2) a solvent with a de-icing agent in liquid form. IMO, either there is a tiny wire embedded in the windshield to supply heat, or there is a de-icing agent in the windshield wiper fluid. I have owned Toyotas that have had the wire in glass, but it was in the rear window only. The "Cold Kit" package includes a heavy duty battery and a heavy duty starter, plus "(Double Cab and CrewMax include windshield wiper de-icer grid with timer)" per Toyota "Tundra 2007" brochure. Hope that helps. Something to look for, or possibly read about in the manuals.
  • rappcovarappcova Posts: 24
    There is a very narrow grid right where the wipers park on the windshield. My salesman says he knows because they had to replace a windshield and were sent the wrong one--it didn't have the grid--and they had to reorder. Start the truck, then push the button that defrosts the side mirrors. After a few minutes, feel under the wiper blades. It's warm. Nice touch, I think.

rappcova
  • bugchuckerbugchucker Posts: 118
    You got a great deal and your TDA fee was about $300 less than mine.
  • istundraistundra Posts: 23
    Hello all,

time for me to upgrade to the new Tundra's.

My main requirements are Tundra Crew Cab w/ Navigation & Reverse Camera.

According to some salesman, Navigation and Reverse Camera are ONLY available in the Limited. Is this true?

Also, anyone have experience in buying a Crew Cab w/ Navigation in Northern California?

Please kindly share your experience and exact options of your Tundra.

Thank you all! Your help is much appreciated!
    DVD navigation and backup camera are not available in the REGULAR at all, optional in DOUBLE CAB and CREWMAX per Toyota brochure. Any salesman should be able to provide you with a hard copy of the Tundra brochure. All trim lines and options are there. You can also find it all @ www.toyota.com. From memory I would say that you can request a hard copy brochure online also. :)
    The above should have read, "optional in DOUBLE CAB and CREWMAX models, regardless of trim line, per Toyota brochure.
  • istundraistundra Posts: 23
    Yeah. Apparently in northern california, when i go to Toyota.com and build a Tundra Crew Cab, I am forced to select the Limited trim for the Nav and Reverse camera. Total BS!

Can some1 please help me confirm? My zip code is 95110. Thank you all!
  • Here is the info of a white tundra in stock. This seems like a very rasonable deal to me:

Model Number: 8242A SERIAL # :7X018628
    Model Description: DCAB SR5 5.7L V8 Category ..........: G
    Year ............: 2007
    Interior Color ..: FB13 FB13
    Wholesale Dealer ..: 27021
    Exterior Color ..: 0040 WHITE
    Body ............: DCAB SR5 5.7L V8
    Number of Cyl ...: 8
    VIN .............: 5TFRV541X7X018628

Factory Installed Accessories: FE CK DZ BU HM MG RL WR
    Port Installed Accessories ..: LU Z1

MECHANICAL & PERFORMANCE
    GVWR = 6900 lbs. Payload = 1680 lbs.
    381HP/401 Lb-Ft 5.7L DOHC 32V iForce V8
    w/Dual Independent VVT-i
    6-Spd Automatic Trans w/Sequential Shift
    Engine Immobilizer, Cruise Control
    Tow Equip/Capacity (Except when equipped
    w/Sport Appr Pkg): Tow Cap = 10,600 lbs.
    Hitch Receiver, Supplemental A/T
    Cooler, 4.30 Rear Diff w/10.5" Ring
    Gear, 150A Alternator, A/T Temp Gauge,
    7 Pin Connector, Trailer Brake Prewire
    Automatic Limited Slip Diff (Auto LSD)
    TripleTech Frame: Fully-boxed Fr Section
    Reinforced C Under Cab, Open C Under Bed
    Coil Over Shock Double A-Arm Front
    Suspension w/Stabilizer Bar
    Multi-Leaf Trapezoidal Rear Suspension
    w/Staggered Outboard Mounted Shocks
    18" Styled Steel Wheels P255/70R18 Tires
    EXTERIOR
    6.5'' Double-Walled Bed w/Tailgate Assist
    Black Handles and Outside Mirrors
    Chrome Grille Surround, Fr & Rr Bumpers
    INTERIOR
    40/20/40 Front Bench Seat w/8-way Dr &
    4-Way Fr Pass Adj, Center 3pt Seatbelts
    Dual Zone Climate Control w/Sync Mode
    AM/FM/CD w/6 Speakers & Aux Audio Jack
    Tilt Steering Wheel
    Power Windows/Door Locks/Mirrors
    Remote Keyless Entry System
    SAFETY
    STAR Safety: Pwr Assist 4 Wheel Disc ABS
    w/Electronic Brakeforce Distrib (EBD),
    Brake Assist, Vehicle Stability Control
    with Traction Control (VSC+TRAC)
    Dr & Fr Pass Advanced Airbag System
    Dr & Fr Pass Seat Side Airbags
    Roll-Sensing Curtain Airbags (RSCA)
    Dr & Fr Pass 3pt Seatbelts
    w/Pretensioners & Force Limiters
    Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Retail Total
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 28110.00 $ 28110.00
    50 State Emissions .........................
    Cold Kit: Heavy Duty Battery, Heavy Duty ... 100.00
    Starter, Heavy Duty Anti-Corrosion .........
    Protection, Windshield Wiper De-icer .......
    w/Timer ....................................
    AM/FM Audio w/6-Disc Changer, 6 Speakers ... 200.00
    and Auxiliary Audio Jack ...................
    Cloth Bucket Seats w/8-Way Power ........... 605.00
    Adjustable Driver''s Side / 4-way ...........
    Adjustable Passenger''s Side, Adjustable ....
    Headrests, Tilt/Telescoping Steering .......
    Wheel, Floor Shift Lever, Center Console ...
    Box with Laptop and File Storage, Trip .....
    Computer (Curr MPG/Avg MPG/Range/Temp ......
    Gauge) .....................................
    Power Heated Outside Mirrors ............... 30.00
    Front and Rear Mudguards ................... 60.00
    Daytime Running Lamps ...................... 40.00
    Sliding Rear Window w/Privacy Glass ........ 345.00
    Bedliner w/out Rails ....................... 325.00
    Preferred Accessory Package ................ 220.00
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 1925.00 $ 1925.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 645.00

---------
    Total .......................................: $ 30680.00

Internet price is 28,718 plus tax,title,fee's
    You can choose 0% or 3000 customer cash
    offer expires monday July 9th.
    "According to some salesman, Navigation and Reverse Camera are ONLY available in the Limited. Is this true?"

ANSWER: NO.

Finding one close to you may be an issue, but they're out there.

Series: Tundra Double Cab
    Model: 4x2 Double Cab SR5 (6 Speed Automatic)- 8242
    Model Year: 2007
    Transmission: 6 Speed Automatic
    VIN: 5TFRV54147X021069
    Color: Radiant Red
    Interior: Black
    Available: 07/19/07
    Dealer Name: Jim Barkley Toyota Of Ash.
    Dealer Phone: 828-667-8888

MSRP
    Base $28,110
    Options $5,747
    Manuf. Delv, Proc & Hndlg $695
    Total $34,552
    Selling Price $27,660

Options Installed - View Image Gallery
    Fuel Surcharge $23
    Front and Rear Mudguards-MGAT $60
    Front and Rear Clearance Sonar-SOAT $500
    Cloth Bucket Seats w/8-way Power-BUAT $605
    4-way Adjustable Passenger's Side

Adjustable Driver's Side

Adjustable Headrests

Center Console Box with Laptop and File Storage

Floor Shift Lever

Tilt/Telescoping Steering Wheel

Trip Computer (Curr MPG/Avg MPG/Range/Temp Gauge)

Deck Rail System w/4 Adjustable Tie-down-DSAT $135
    Cleats

Daytime Running Lamps-RLAT $40
    All Weather Mats (4 pcs)-PW40 $129
    18 in Alloy Wheels w/P275/65R18 Tires-AAAT $910

***DVD Navigation System w/Backup Monitor,-NVAT $2,810
    10 Speakers including Subwoofer***

8 Ch 440W Amplifier

Bluetooth Capability

JBL AM/FM w/4-disc Changer

Steering Wheel Audio Controls and Auxiliary Audio Jack

Tow Mirrors: Manually Extendable, Power-TMAT $90
    Adjustable, Heated, with Turn Signals

Cold Kit: Heavy Duty Battery - Heavy Duty-CKAT $100
    Heavy Duty Anti-Corrosion Protection

Starter

Windshield Wiper De-Icer w/Timer

Southeast Toyota Distributor Plus-FP50 $0
    Certified Technician 46 Point

Final Quality Inspection

Picture Asset Program

Sliding Rear Window w/Privacy Glass-WRAT $345
    50 State Emissions-FEAT $0

Fuel Economy Information
    MPG Hwy 16
    MPG City

Standard Features Of this Vehicle
    Mechanical
    18" Styled Steel Wheels P255/70R18 Tires - 381HP/401 Lb-Ft 5.7L DOHC 32V iForce V8 w/Dual Independent VVT-i - 6-Spd Automatic Trans w/Sequential Shift - Automatic Limited Slip Diff (Auto LSD) - Coil Over Shock Double A-Arm Front Suspension w/Stabilizer Bar - Engine Immobilizer, Cruise Control - GVWR = 6900 lbs. Payload = 1680 lbs. - Multi-Leaf Trapezoidal Rear Suspension w/Staggered Outboard Mounted Shocks - Tow Equip/Capacity (Except when equipped w/Sport Appr Pkg): Tow Cap = 10,600 lbs. Hitch Receiver, Supplemental A/T Cooler, 4.30 Rear Diff w/10.5" Ring Gear, 150A Alternator, A/T Temp Gauge, 7 Pin Connector, Trailer Brake Prewire - TripleTech Frame: Fully-boxed Fr Section Reinforced C Under Cab, Open C Under Bed
    Safety
    Dr & Fr Pass 3pt Seatbelts w/Pretensioners & Force Limiters - Dr & Fr Pass Advanced Airbag System - Dr & Fr Pass Seat Side Airbags - Roll-Sensing Curtain Airbags (RSCA) - STAR Safety: Pwr Assist 4 Wheel Disc ABS w/Electronic Brakeforce Distrib (EBD), Brake Assist, Vehicle Stability Control with Traction Control (VSC+TRAC) - Tire Pressure monitoring System
    Exterior
    6.5' Double-Walled Bed w/Tailgate Assist - Black Handles and Outside Mirrors - Chrome Grille Surround, Fr & Rr Bumpers
    Comfort and Convenience
    40/20/40 Front Bench Seat w/8-way Dr & 4-Way Fr Pass Adj, Center 3pt Seatbelts - AM/FM/CD w/6 Speakers & Aux Audio Jack - Dual Zone Climate Control w/Sync Mode - Power Windows/Door Locks/Mirrors - Remote keyless entry system - Tilt steering wheel
  • maciek102maciek102 Posts: 5
    Hi everyone, I'm looking into CrewMax in NJ. Anyone getting it bellow invoice? Another words what are the best deals out there. Thanks :)
  • Check with Jim Barkley Toyota in Asheville NC. I have checked several Toyota regions and they seem to have the rock bottom best prices. Their prices are posted on their website. I have ordered a crewmax 4x2. I am told they sell about 100 Tundra's a month. They probable have about 75+ on their lot right now. Rebate on the crewmax is $3,500.00.