Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mainer0607mainer0607 Posts: 4
    lstory - In the Northeast, there have been rebates on the '09's since January. However, the '08 inventory may be much thinner here. If that is the case, and there are plenty of new '08's to choose from, you should be able to save a good chunk not only on purchase price, but also with registration and insurance with an '08 model.

Currently they're running $3000 back on the '09's in the Northeast. If you go to buyatoyota.com and enter your zip code, you'll find manufacturer's incentives for your area.

If you have that price for the larger engine SR5 without a rebate, you have a pretty good price thusfar - at least for the New England area.

Good luck.
  • cjaspycjaspy Posts: 1
    We are looking for a 08 or 09 tundra Double cab,TRD, tow pk, white or dark grey, 4x4, 5.7 engine, in Southern CA.
    Wanting to pay no more then 30,000 + TL. any suggestions on a dealer with this price? :) Toyota is giving 3000. rebates off the MFSR,
    Looking for more.
  • indiomonkindiomonk Posts: 24
    I was getting my truck serviced at Toyota of Lewisville this past Saturday,one of the largest toyota dealers in Texas. I think there was 1 2008 Toyota Tundra on the lot and it was not a 4x4. Maybe 2 2009 Tundras and they also were not 4x4's. I thnk they had 5 2010's.

If you can find one I think you might want to snatch it up if the price is right.

Good Luck.
  • mitcheldmitcheld Posts: 12
    Go find yourself a 2008, there are plenty of them on lots around the country. See post # 703 regarding pricing. You can definitely get what you want if you take the time to find the vehicles. I suggest autotrader in that regard, followed by searching on the identified dealers' websites to confirm inventory.
  • I am looking at this Tundra at a dealership in WI (they just sold their last 2008 and have no 2009 in stock)

Engine: 5.7L 8 cyl
    Model Code: 8331
    MSRP: $36,392
    Stock Number: 9901
    Transmission: Automatic
    VIN: 5TFUW5F1XAX096662
    Body Style: Crew Pickup
    Exterior: Spruce Mica

I received a quote for a 09 Silverado with the same MSRP for 28.7k. Any chance of getting the Toyota for about that or am I dreaming?
  • indiomonkindiomonk Posts: 24
    Yes, they should do the deal. I would act quick. Some one said to go online and look at auto trader and the dealers website, but the best thing to do is go down and scout it out first hand. Those websites are NOT updated. I don't think we have any 08's in Dallas. Good Luck. I bought my 08 4x4 Double Cab last month and LOVE it. I bought the last 08 NEW 4x4 on the lot at one of the largest if not the largest toyota dealership in the Dallas Area. ... I also looked at the Silverado's and Ram's but they actually cost MORE. so I went with the Tundra and I am HAPPY.
  • rele1rele1 Posts: 1
    tell me what the best price for this vehicle is
    5tfbw54139x091342
  • imbriangimbriang Posts: 1
    list price: 36,822
    my dis. price 34,915
    it has offroad pkg 3,110
    am/fm/mp3 cd 510
    cold weather pkg 160
    pwr. htd. outside mirrors 30
    cloth buckets w/power 605
    sliding rear window 345
    protection pkg 495
    spray in bedliner 599
    carpet floor mats w/door sill protector 178

invoice is 32,139, the salesman says he paid 33,869 including bedliner. i offered 33,500 he said that was below what he paid for it. not sure if he's giving me a line or what. thanks for any info.

Brian
  • wyorebwyoreb Posts: 45
    for those who have purchased 2010's with package "OF" - the offroad package, have you noticed the upgraded suspension and shocks helping to smooth out the "bouncy ride" that many Tundra reviews mention? If so, would no doubt be worth the $$.
  • webgoodwebgood Posts: 95
    From my experience, I got an '08 dbl cab 4X4 with the TRD off-road package and it rides noticeably more stiff and jittery than my buddy's '07 dbl cab 4X4 without it. The saving grace is the really comfy cloth buckets...especially the driver's power one, but the wife still prefers long trips in the Tundra over our Highlander which we always thought was a pretty nice ride.
    Regards, BGood
  • jdelo24jdelo24 Posts: 1
    I have my eye on a 2006 Tundra SR5 Double Cab V8. It has 34,094 miles on it and their asking price is $18,495, out the door. On top of that, the dealership said I would have to pay Sales Tax and Licensing at the tag agency for $697 (based on that asking price). How much do you think I can talk this down to?
  • osellrosellr Posts: 6
    the reason your having a hard time finding a tundra 4x4 is because all (or at least most) of the tundras in the southern states are 2x4. why? because it doesn't snow in texas, therefore a 4x4 isn't necessary. if you want to haul your horse trailer in texas, even on dirt or tall grass, a 4x4 wouldn't be necessary.
  • 2010 Tundra Crewmax Texas Edition, 5.7L. Texas edition includes 20" chrome rims, chrome nerf bars, and badging on truck and mats. negotiated price was $30880. I think they still made good money as i traded in my 2008 F-150 4.6L w/ 12000 miles. KBB said trade was worth $22300, but went to 3 dealerships and nobody would give me that, traded for $19000. Luckily i got $13k off the sticker on that truck back in december and ended up even. had to get additional towing for our boat. the f-150 stuggled with the 6000 lbs. hope your not paying full price for f-150's or you plan on keeping it for awhile.

all this was at star toyota in league city, tx. dealership was great and very easy to work with. can't say the same for community toyota in baytown. drove all the way to baytown to find out they never had what they claimed they had in stock over the phone.
  • bigbbdbigbbd Posts: 5
    Bought 2010 Crewmax yesterday at 10PM with $2k rebate. Noticed this morning the rebates went up to $3k for crewmax. They had to get the truck from a different state and I have not taken ownership, however all papers have been signed. Do i have any options for getting that extra $1k?
  • jaragonjaragon Posts: 2
    Msrp here in my area is $32,196. Truck seems to have everything I need. Does anyone know how much they should negotiate down on the truck? Do you think $28,000 is asking for too much off of the truck?
  • Here in the Dallas area new Tundras are just plain rare. 5.7 4WD's are almost non exisistent. Maybe IF you can find a 2009 they would do the deal. But if they have very FEW 2010's they may hold out for closer to sticker. Right now I think there is a big supply and demand thing with Tundras and it is a sellers market. Good Luck!
  • Has anyone had any experience yet negotiating a price on 2010 Tundras w/ Platinum package? Any info appreciated.
  • Is no one monitoring or posting anymore in this thread? I sure would like to see an answer to post #725. I am also thinking about getting a tundra in the not too distant future and would like to know if anyone has info on what kind of apr's one could get with their credit score..? Is anyone still able to check the invoice on a truck if we have the vin? Any help would be great!
  • mdan1mdan1 Posts: 9
    I think people are waiting for the rebates to go back up. Earlier this year there was a $3,500 rebate on this truck; now $1,000. Also I see dealerships in my area have low inventory, I wonder if they will rebuild that inventory pre-clunkers? With the cost of oil hovering around $76/barrel I wonder if people are having 2nd thoughts about purchasing a new truck.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but with unemployment set to go over 10% anytime now; it is no wonder that consumers are not spending. If you are laid off or think you may become laid off I don't think that unnecessary purchases are a wise decision.
    In the short inventory is low and dealers are not as willing to give a great deal at this point. So in the end there are people on the sidelines waiting.
    Please post if you recently purchased a new Tundra and let us know what type of deal you received!!!!
  • Well I was considering getting a tundra by the end of the year. The rebates right now, in my area (houston), are 2000. Not as good as 3500, but from what I've heard the highest rebates tend to be around spring or summer.
    I know what you mean about the economy. Times are not good for a lot of people. Part of the reason I thought i'd be able to get a good deal. I saw a truck at a dealership, DC SR5 with grill guard, running boards, spray on liner, upgraded tires and rims, and tool box. for around 32,500 thats been sitting on there lot for a several months.These are all things I wanted to get on the truck anyway and it'd save me the time and trouble with them on. But the downside is its a 2wd and I was wanting to get a 4wd. Any thoughts?
    I would wait. I'm only guessing here but as long as sales are slow I believe at some point the incentives are going to get better. "CFC" stripped most dealerships inventory and are now slowly repleneshing them. The question is how much inventory is a dealership going to have going forward? Probably less than before, at least until the economy begins to improve, most importantly job gains.
    Also do not compromise on the type of truck you want. If you want 4wd then get it; you will kick yourself in the a** if you don't.
    Can't hurt to wait till January or so; unless you need a new vehicle right now. And let's wait and see how the price of oil fluctuates; the higher the price the oil the lower the demand for trucks and SUV's.
  • I can wait a little while, but not too long. I have a lease coming to an end and will need something probably by january. I will wait as long as I can though, and see if the deals get any better. Isn't it true though, that prices on trucks tend to go down when gas prices are up? I seem to remember people a couple years back getting great deals.
    Do people still post on these forums, lol. Doesn't seem like it, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong threads.
    I don't know if my buying experience earlier this year will help as a point of reference...April of '09 in the upper midwest, I was looking to get a left-over '08 DC 4X4 in a particular color (blue streak) that wasn't available in the Iowa or Illinois sales districts where I live. Found exactly the one I wanted on-line at a Wisconsin dealership that they'd had for I'm guessing pret-near 6 months. Up to that point dealers in this area had finally whittled-down the huge inventories of Tundras left over from the high gas prices and economic down-turn depressors. I suppose I could have negotiated a bit harder but I really wanted this particular truck and I wound-up with: list price $36,000, selling price $32,700, minus the Toyota factory rebate of $4,500 for an out-the-door total $28,200. I was happy with it, and it's a long-term keeper so I'm not concerned with year-old depreciation loss. Regards, BGood
  • Thanks for the input. Thats not too bad of a deal, i guess. Although 36k for a previous year's model? sounds high, but I've heard the Tundras keep their value well. I would love to see another 4500 incentive, but that doesn't seem likely..
    Just for clarity, the $36K was the window sticker + my added options (bedliner and step-boards).
  • still sounds high, lol! i know they are giving huge discounts on 09 chevys right now, to make way for the 10's. why doesn't toyota do that? or was this year just different because of the early release of the 10's?
    With the cost of oil shooting up as of late how are the Tundra deals going? I hope that the rebates will soon increase, in Mass we have a $1,000 rebate + low financing. I need at least a $2,000 rebate to get what I want! Any chance of the $3,500 rebates we had earlier this year?
  • Has anyone ever used carsdirect for the purchase of a new auto? I have submitted a request for a 2010 Tundra Crewmax 5.7L with a sticker of $37,990 and received a special internet price of $34,523 plus $1,000 rebate offered in Massachusetts from Toyota for a net of $33,523 plus TT&L. Does this seem like a good deal or not? I think the incentives are set to change on 11/2 and I may wait to see if rebates go up higher than the current $1,000 offered in this region.
  • That sounds a bit high compared to what others have gotten. I would compare it to the edmunds TMV pricing to know for sure. Can you negotiate the price on carsdirect.com? In my area the incentives recently went up from 2000 to 3500. But the financing isn't very good, around 6% i think.
    Your truck doesn't sound like a limited, but do you have lots of upgrades? That tends to inflate the price quite a bit..
  • Here is what ive been offered... Tacoma is paid off

2010 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    - 5.8L
    - 2wd
    - Steering wheel radio controls
    - XM stereo
    - Bluetooth
    - Step bars
    - Towing package
    - Alloy wheels
    - Reverse Mirror

The difference is $16,000 OTD in GA