Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 12361236 Posts: 34
    I just bought a 05 4x4 Tundra Limited Access cab fully loaded for 27K plus usual Tax Lic etc They are thin on the ground but right now 3K rebate from the factory makes for a pretty good deal.
  • for 2006 Tundra Double Cab SR5 with the following options:

XSP-4
    Dual Exhaust
    Overhead Console
    Fog Lamps
    Keyless
    JBL with 6 CD changer

Anybody see a better deal in Georgia (7%tax) area?
  • 2" LIFT
    18" TIRES WITH FUEL RIMS
    RUNNING BOARD
    NAVI
    MOONROOF
    EXTRA MILE OPTION D
    WITH ALL LIMITED TRIMMINGS
    (excepted no heated seats & single cd)

HOW DOES THAT SOUND?
  • Anybody get (heard of) a particularly good deal on a new double cab SR5 4x4 in Southern Cal lately? What did you pay? Where?
  • miata007miata007 Posts: 129
    Try Carson Toyota. They have weekly special where you can view on line.
    You can do a search for that website. Let me know if you can't find it.

• Hi all,

The auto dealer asked for 22,700 on this car below. TMV is 22,037 after rebate($1500). How much can I start to bid, 20,700 or 21,200?

Shadingding2

2006 Toyota Tundra Pickup
    Model Access CAB SR5 V6 4*2
    SR5 Standard Convenience Packages and
    Installed Options
    . Chrome wheel arch moldings,
    . 16-in. 6-spoke alloy wheels with P265/70R16 tires
    Wheel locks
    . Bedliner
    . Carpeted floor mats
  • All of that (minus 2"lift), 4x4 and a sprayed-on liner. C
  • All of that (minus 2"lift), 4x4 and a sprayed-on liner. 38k out the door. (7.75% tax) C
  • you seem pretty knowledgeable about toyota trucks, I am a total novice when it comes to buying a vehicle, I would love any advice you can offer when approaching a dealer re:
    a new truck, I like the tundra's and would like to buy a year end 2005 for a better deal, do you think I could get an equitable deal on a 2006 since you are saying they are not moving, please advice in any fashion you can
    thanks
  • what is the best method to approach a toyota sales person regarding a best buy opportunity, what is otd price?, I'll take any advice I can get.

thanks
  • OTD means out the door price. No more addons; the final price. I would suggest using tne internet; contact as many dealers you want in the radius of how far you are prepared to go. Tell them the model and options you are looking for and ask them to quote their best OTD price. Pickout a couple of the best deals and work from there.
  • Hi brick,
    If you're looking for negotiating advice, please drop over to our topic called Purchasing Strategies - Questions & Success Stories. There are a whole lot of experienced negotiators who hang out there and they'll give you several ideas, and you can pick the strategy that works best for you.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• orb1orb1 Posts: 4
    I just bought a new '05 Access cab in the Annapolis/Baltimore area that listed for a little over 24K. Kind of bought it on an impulse buy so didn't get all the quotes I normally get buying a new car. Anyway, the truck is a green '05 access cab, 4X2, V6, bed liner, fog lamps, trailer light package, chrome wheel arch moldings, floor mats and door sill protectors.

Without much haggling I was able to have the dealer drop $3,175 off of his price. On top of that I got the 3,000 cash back from Toyota. The total on the truck was $17,852, my out the door price with tax, title and tags was $19,203.

Hope this helps. I think it was a pretty good deal, but I'd be very interested to find out what you can get the 06 for.

Best regards,

Orb
  • I made a final deal at the price of $21,882 plus TTL($1,542) on this 2006 Tundra SR5 with Installed Options:

. Cloth front captains chairs and center console with 2 cupholders
    . Chrome wheel arch moldings,
    . Extra mile aluminum wheel upgrade
      Wheel locks
    Road hazard tire warranty(3yrs/36,000 miles)- no charge
    . Bedliner(under rail)
    . Carpeted floor mats w/Doors sill protectors
    . Window Tint
    . Heavy duty undercoat
    . Window etch

The actual sticker price is $25,411, it came down $1500(center of Texas) from Toyota and $2029 from the dealer. So the drive out price is $23,424(21882+TTL).
    Like to share info with people in this forum. I think I did well on the price searching, but not on the financial part.

Get ready on both bargaining and your financial situation before meeting with a dealer to make a final deal.

Best

Shadingding2
  • All you need to do now is to take out the carpet mats and get some heavy vinyl ones.

I got mind four years ago for 22200 with the V8. Looks like a good deal.

I assume that AC, cruise, and the power stuff are all standard now.
  • I just ordered a 2006 Tundra SR5 V-6 Automatic. My price is similar to yours, I have a few different options. My question-does your truck have cruise control? I bought mine using internet pricing and compared it to TMV pricing. MSRP prices in my area (S.E. region)are showing cruise control to be a $265 additional cost item. However, the 2006 brochure and a confirming call to Toyota Customer Center say it is standard. Edmunds does not show it as optional! Does anyone know the real answer!
  • We're interested in purchasing a 2006 tundra 4x4 ltd w/leather, nav, dvd, bed extender and opt d package. I know there are several deals going on right now. Invoice would be 40.5k, invoice 35.9 before ttl...

Anyone care to estimate drive out pricing if we take delivery by the end of the year? Thanks.
  • I also ordered an 06 Tundra SR5 V-6 Automatic. Cruise control is optional on the V-6 Trucks only.
  • I just took delivery yesterday. The first thing I did was make sure it had cruise control! The second thing I did was read the window sticker. Guess what-there was no optional price being charged. This would indicate it is standard. The sales people could not explain this, you might want to question this when you take delivery!
  • ortort Posts: 2
    I am considering a 2WD extended cab Tundra V8 with the TRD package. I also haven't ruled out the V6 after taking one recently for a test drive, and being pleasantly surpised with the performance. Any comments from those with the 4.0 liter regarding how it does with hills, towing, real world gas mileage, and any regrets not getting the V8? I am looking to buy soon, so any input regarding the above, as well as some current out the door prices paid would be appreciated.