Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,027
edited January 29 in Nissan
Share your Pathfinder purchase experience here.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• zzr12zzr12 Posts: 18
    Bought my 04 LE 7 weeks ago. Retail price was 46,686 CAN. Paid 41,575 + tax. Dealer was great to deal with. The only glitch was that the 04 LE was advertised with " Aluminum kick plates with Pathfinder logo" and I have not seen any of the 04's with this feature. Nissan Canada is supposedly looking into this but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe a accessory credit is in order. Other than that, so far so good.
  • pathy04pathy04 Posts: 27
    I purchased a 04 LE,4x4 platinum edition. This is my 2nd pathfinder, traded in my 01 SE 4x4. I was expecting a HID lamps but nevermind, Its a great vehicle. I purchased thru VPP program and the treatment was extremly pleasent. Finished the whole deal and got the keys in less than an hour. Purchaed in Nashville, TN

love my Pathy :-)
    I purchased my LE 04 Tennessee, USA, this had the aluminium skid plates in it. Dealer should be able to get this part. If not check with Nissan directly. Have fun with your Pathfinder
    They were actually aluminum "kick pkates", they are in place of the plastic ones at the edge of the door opening where the carpet ends. Does anyone else have these on their 04 LE? My dealer just told me that they do not exist in North America and that Nissan made an error in their advertising however they will order me a set from Japan. We'll see....
    Oh.. that was a typo on my previous message, I meant i have the Aluminium kick plates in the door entrance. i had a temporary 4x2 vehicle for 3 days until my dealer got my 4x4. Both had "kick plates" on it
  • 49erfan49erfan Posts: 1
    Hi pathy04,

I am considering buying a new 2004 Pathfind Platinum edition as well. Dealership around here is advertising 29,929.00. Is this in the range you paid? With 2500 cash back (incl in price) and the impending 2005, it appears the dealerships are trying to release inventory to make room for the new models. I think this is a great opp to negotiate price. I thin I can get them down a few notches.

Any insight you could provide would be appreciated!
    Thanks for the info. Do the aluminum kick plates have a Pathfinder logo or insignia in them and are they at all four doors?
    I paid 30000(on road price)inclusive of everything, But i bought thru VPP program.
    you should be able to get very near the invoice price, push the dealers to the max and avoid the extra costs like GAP vehicle care etc,which most dealers markup and include at the time of sign off

you have already made a good decision, 04 pathy;s are the last piece of Japanese equipment, so go ahead with your purchase unless you need a 7 seater(05 pathfinders)
    Good luck !!!
    The Front kick plates have PATHFINDER logos, while the back ones are without any logo...
  • mmw23mmw23 Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2004 LE 4x4 Pathfinder and paid 28549 after rebates and minimal negotiation. I probably could have negotiated a lower sales price. However I'm very pleased with my purchase.

mmw23
  • howbarhowbar Posts: 1
    Hi Karen,

I have a couple of questions. My lease is up next month on my 2001 LE, and want to replace it with a 2004 Platinum Edition. I live in NJ, if that matters, and am wondering what you think a reasonable lease would be? On my first Pathfinder I paid $2000 out of pocket, and $409 a month for 39 months (which wasn't bad at the time.) With the 2005's coming out, is it safe to assume I should be able to do much better? Also, do you have any thoughts on the Murano? For the money, am I better off with the Pathfinder? Thanks for your help.

HB
  • towenstowens Posts: 1
    howbar,

You should be able to do much better! carsdirect.com is currently offering Pathfinders at $550 below invoice. Plus Nissan is now offering rebates of $3,750. I recently purchased a 2004 SE at $300 below invoice, received the $3,750 rebate and Nissan paid the last two payments on my exisitng lease. They are being very aggresive to clear these off the lots to make room for the '05s. Even if you are going to lease you still get all these benefits which will lower your monthly payment. E-mail a few Nissan dealers and have them compete. You have nothing to lose.
  • gbd21gbd21 Posts: 53
    Can anyone tell me of the best deals in or around St.Louis,MO.
    Thanks in advance.
  • md2020md2020 Posts: 2
    I just wanted to see what prices people have been paying on 2004 Pathfinders with the recent $3250 cashback. I think the best deal I've seen so far is $200 under invoice for an SE 4WD before the cashback. This deal was in the MD area.
  • okbowlerokbowler Posts: 3
    My SE had a sticker of 34,440 and got a $7,500 rebate. Definitely making room for the '05.
  • jate1jate1 Posts: 1
    I found an 03 Pathfinder LE on the local Nissan dealer lot. It has an msrp of $35k. How much should I ask? I know that the 04s should be heavily discounted since the 05s are coming soon. The 03s hopefully should be discounted further.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.
  • I just purchased a 2004 Pathfinder SE 4x2 in Atlanta with the following options:
     - Popular Package (Radio: Bose AM/FM/Cassette/6 Disc CD Changer • Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls • Cargo Net • Retractable Rear Cargo Cover • Automatic Temperature Control) $800
     - Floor Mats $61
     - In-cabin microfilter $47
     - Glacier Pearl (metallic silver) exterior with charcoal cloth interior $0
     - Prices include $560 Destination Charge

MSRP Price = $28,500
    Invoice Price = $26,365

WHAT I PAID:
    Price Paid = $25,701.00
    Dealer Fees = $ 499.00
    Title & Reg = $ 47.00
    5% tax = $ 1,312.35
                 -------------
    Sub Total = $27,559.35
    Cash Rebate = $ 2,500.00
                 -------------
    Out The Door =$25,059.35

I got 3.59% interest through dealers finance department by purchasing a 60 month / 100,000 mile nissan warranty for $1,400 (really paying $1,000 more since by purchasing the nissan warranty they lowered the interest from 4.24% to 3.59%). I think I got a good deal.
  • i found a 2002 pathfinder SE for $21,900. is has 22k miles and is fully loaded. what is a reasonable offer for me to put in?
  • I was quoted $24,100 (after rebate) for a black 2004 Pathfinder SE 4x4 w/ Sirius Satellite radio installed. Quote was from a dealer in the Boston area. Three questions - (1) Does this sound like a good deal? (2) What additional costs should I expect to face to close the deal? (3) Is paying the extra $4,000 for a 2005 4Runner a better deal in the long run?
    Thanks.
  • siznedsizned Posts: 1
    hi bostonarea,

1. that seems to be a good deal i just bought my 2004 pathfinder SE 4x4 with popular package @ $26,000 out-of-door price. it should have been only $25,900 but life is not a walk in the park and there are dealers out there that will still try to cut your arms even things are already been straightened out.
    anyways, everytime you cut a deal always have it on writing and bring your own calculator just to be sure on the numbers.

2. additional costs are documentation fees, tax and titles. the $26K that i got covers all of the added stuff.

3. we been on the same dilemma. if you got $4K lying around go for the 4runner, imo. but next best thing for me and wife without skipping meals is the pathfinder.

cheers!
  • Thanks so much for the reply. I am likely going with the Pathfinder. I will post a report after I close the deal with a detailed accounting of costs. And on a final note, I had written my original message before I test drove both cars and I much prefer the Pathfinder to the 4Runner! A nice surprise!
  • We went looking for an 05 Pathfinder and while there were told of the deals on the 2004s.
    We Test drove an 04 SE and then an 05 XE and the difference was astounding in the 2005.
    Ride quality was smoother, much quieter, better interior, more features, and we like the new design as well.

Even with the offered $3,200 back on the 04,

We picked up a 2005 Pathfinder XE in Super Black with minimal options, as the Base XE is so totally loaded for a base trim, you don't need them..

Moving to the SE gives you so little for the $1000+ extra, it made no sense to me.. With the SE you get Compass / Temp gauge, Power driver Seat, ugly interior IMO and 70 series tires vs the 75's in the XE. Both XE and SE have the same rims.

There were only maybe a dozen 05's in the Central FL area only 2 XE's and No SE's, so bargaining power was minimal. Lots of LE's though

MSRP with options was $25,780 Dealer cost with all the options was $24,122 and we paid $25K even. Basically $800 or so over invoice.. Also got 700 over KBB for the trade in so we are pretty happy having one of the first baby Armadas.

Super Black looks Sweet on that big truck..

So now we are a 2 Nissan Family.
    2002 Frontier and 2005 Pathfinder
  • "There were only maybe a dozen 05's in the Central FL area only 2 XE's and No SE's, so bargaining power was minimal. Lots of LE's though."

Would you mind sharing your dealer experience in the central florida area?

TIA

Dean
  • All the bells and whistles make this the most luxurious on'off vehicle out there. The NAV and DVD were not a huge deal to me until I bought the truck.... I AM SO GLAD I got those options...! The nav is brilliant- even finds restauants by cuisine! It's fantastic.... and the DVD with the infrred headphones are great. Can even run the iPod through the sound system... This thing is 100%. I was looking at Infiniti FX for months.... saw the Pathfinder and bought same day!

Got it for about $900 under MSRP.
  • Bought the SE with Comfort Package, floormats, spashgaurds,molding,air filter - MSRP $30,200 - invoice $27,683 - traded in my '02 CRV EX with only 17,000 miles - paid $12,000 difference - works out to be invoice for the new PF and Kelly Blue Book Trade in of $15,800 for the CRV - Dealer tried to add $695 "Dealer Maint" - I refused to even consider that - financed through local bank at 3.9% for 60 months - love the car, especially the power, Granite color was best in my opinion - rides & handles nice -
  • storm gray 4x4 LE with navigation (no DVD entertainment) in the Virgina Beach area, total price quoted $35,300 + TTR. No other hidden fees. Fair price?

Appreciate all inputs
  • damavrdamavr Posts: 15
    I am looking for a 2005 LE with Navi. A good price is:
    Car $32,138
    Navi $1,735
    Floor Mats $168
    Splash Guards $108
    Microfilter $39
    Destination $560
    Total $34,748 so I made an offer for $35,000 and I think the dealer will take in. I have a trade in that complicates things but if you can squeeze the dealer down to $35,000 it will be a great price. $35,300 is still pretty good assuming it has all the extras I noted earlier.
  • Picking up our 05 LE Pathie tomorrow. We did not get a good deal (I guess my hubbie wanted it really bad LOL) has all options except DVD player. $36,000 Not bad, but not great. And we did get a 3 yr maintenance package (oil changes etc.) We wanted it this week so we paid for convenience.
    If you are looking for a good price without hassle, try Carmax. I was amazed at how good their price was. On the same model they were at $34,500 +/-. Whatever it was, was only about $25 over invoice. WOW! The dealer is in Wash DC/Balt area and can not (or will not) transfer to local Carmax. You can find the price online and they had about 11 this morning of which 5 were LE editions.
  • Well, I have seen a few baby armadas on the road. The 05 Pathfinder are taking longer because of the problems with the Titan. They are trying to make sure they don't repeat the same mistakes with the new pathfinder. They probably won't have a lot till around the Spring. I am surprised they have so many Le's on the market. I was considering getting a used 2002 pathfinder le until to the 2005 pathfinders become more negotiable. I have not driven the 2004 pathfinder or the 2005 pathfinder. The reports definitely point towards the 2005 pathfinder. I think Christmas right around the corner won't make them so negotiable.
  • I used the 'Blast Fax' technique 4 years ago on my 01 PF and it worked like a charm. So, I decided to give it a go on the new 05 PF LE w/NAV. I sent a fax to 10 local Nissan Dealers and the response was great! I received 4 immediate faxes back and 3 calls with their Best Offers.

The quotes came in at $36,300, $35,800 $35,500, $35,300 and the best offer is $35,000.

I plan to pick up my new Pathie this week.