Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4 V6
    -Storm Gray
    -Leather Package (Graphite)
    -Premium Package
    -XM
    -Floor Mats
    -Sun Roof Wind Deflector

MSRP: $35,810

Price Offered: $32,400

The above price does not factor in the $1,000 Customer Cash, which I may put towards the car, or just put in my pocket.

What do you think?
  • chuckiscchuckisc Posts: 31
    Based on a lot of assumption,
    Color= unknown,
    Tax = unknown
    Tag = unknown
    MSRP based on your number= 35,810.00
    Invoice based on Edmunds' spec= 32,943.00
    Holdback 2%= 658.00
    Rebate= 1,000.00
    Market Support= 500.00
    True Invoice(Invoice - Rebate - Holdback - Market Support)= 30,785.00
    Tax 6% $100 tags:
    Tax tags(% x true invoice)+(tags=$100est)1,947.10
    low ball(true invoice - 2k + tax)= 30,732.10
    Target Price(MSRP - rebate or Sale price - Low ball offer / 2 + low ball offer): 32,771.05
    REMEMBER, do not and will not negotiate with dealer anything but OTD price!
  • Color: Storm Gray
    Tax = 6%
    Tag = $135

The came back with $31,900 (includes rebates).

I am going to lease this vehicle.
  • Well I guess you don't get the rebate if you lease. Here is the breakdown of the latest offer:

2008 SE 4x4 V6 (Leather, Premium, XM, Mats)
    MSRP: 35,710
    Purchase Price: 32,900
    Adj Price: 31,895 ($1,005 from trade)
    36 Months/15k miles
    Residual: 57%
    Money Factor: .00192 (4.608%)
    Tax: 6%
    Acq. Fee: 595
    Payment: $464
  • Theo2076

A question - Nissan dealer in NJ is telling me that the money factor and residual factor are locked and not negotiable. I am also looking at a 2008 SE with Leather, Prem., Sat and mats. The lease terms are similar except

Money factor is .0022
    Residual value is 56%

This lease requires $2500 at signing

Are they being honest with the locked rates? BTW this lease for a 24 month had a money factor of .00192 - I dont get it??

Thanks
  • I believe the money factor and residual is based on the term of the lease, the amount of miles you want, and your credit score.

I only had to pay first months payment and $50 doc fee. I also got them to waive the security deposit.
  • HI there,
    I am doing research on Durango's that have caught fire. My son in law is in ICU burn unit right now due to his 04 catching on fire...can you please have your friend whose durango burnt contact me PLEASE...we need to try and get this info out to the public as it could save lives.
    Sincerely,
    Shannon
  • You must have missed this report back in March 2007
    Dodge Recall">link title
  • What is Market Support and how is it determined?
    How is Holdback determined?

Thank you very much!
  • I live in the southeast and I am looking to buy a 08 Pathfinder LE. What is the best price I should expect? The dealers will drop to the low 32's quickly but does not want to move from there. I think I can do better. I have looked at 07's but the price is so close to the 08 and the backup camera in the 08 is a plus because my wife has hit a few things with the Tahoe (ok I admit it really me). I will travel a bit if the price is right. I hear the car market is soft but Nissan does not seem to have excess inventory.
  • Go to Edmunds.com and spec the exact LE you want with all the trim and options. Come back with MSRP, Dealer's offered price and Edmunds TMV's price. I can calculate an approximate "target" price for you.
  • Here are the numbers
    MSRP $35,965 INVOICE $33,300 TMV 35,004 Less $1000 rebate Customer Cash Adjusted True Market Value $34,004
    What I don't understand is that the dealer came off the TMV price in a new York minute? Are they hurting for sales? I once bought a Lexus Es300 by sending out emails to all the dealers and a dealer in Melbourne, FL gave me a price way below everyone else, our local dealer would not match it so we took a vacation to Orlando/Melbourne, FL and picked up the new car. Does the email approach work with many dealers?
  • Yes, the email approach works with many items, much less dealers. Getting 10-20 bids helps on anything. Your experience with the Lexus is illustrative. TMV is sometimes grossly inaccurate, especially on the low mpg cars. I would want at least 6000 off MSRP for a 36000 pathfinder.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • bama10bama10 Posts: 4
    I appears Nissan is doing better than I thought, I tried 30K by email and the salesman reply was "thats not going to happen". I think that was a polite go pound sand. I could not believe he did not at least try to give me a higher number. And other emails I sent have gone unanswered (no price on them) Any suggestions, I am ready to buy but I want to make my dollars go as far as I can.
  • Realistically speaking, if you are going to buy this vehicle you need to sit and work out some number. I must say, i repeat myself a few times on this message thread how to get a "TARGET" number when dealing with dealers, NOT a number that you pull off air.

$30K is of course NO DEAL for a Nissan LE model.

Let's be specific of what you want and what you.

What is the MSRP? Invoice? Hold-Back?

Ultimately, what is your OUT THE DOOR targeted price where you're comfortable to pay. Don't think of the monthly payment, because nobody asks you: So how much you pay a month for this brand new truck? They always ask, or at least I do, "How much did you pay for this truck?"

Again, I must agree with the dealer, you are sending $30 offer for a LE is to them just as good as "go pound sand" as you said.

Based on your research, how much do you know the LE would cost, realistically speaking...
  • on a 2008 Pathfinder S 4X4 vehicle base model no other options

MSRP is 28,525 invoice as per edmunds is 26,777(inc destination)

according to prior posts this is what i got can anyone confirm

holdback 2%=570
    rebate = 1750
    market support =500

True invoice = 25705

Cars direct is at 25207, no haggle price im sure I could do better. What should I offer!

Also I am in NJ anyone know a good dealer in this state. I have been to 3 Nissan dealers over the years and have not been happy nor purchased a Nissan because of them.
  • MSRP= 28,525
    Invoice= 26,777
    Holdback= $570.50
    Rebate= $1,750.00
    Market Support= $500.00
    True Invoice(Invoice - Rebate - Holdback - Market Support) $23,956.50
    Tax % tags $24,756.50
    Tax tags(% x true invoice)+(tags=$100est) 6.00% 100 $1,585.39
    low ball(true invoice - 2k + tax)= $23,541.89
    Target Price(MSRP - rebate or Sale price - Low ball offer / 2 + low ball offer) $25,158.45
  • bama10bama10 Posts: 4
    I keep trying to figure out why you and others include tax & tags in the negotiation of the price of a car and I came up blank. Tax & tags do not go in a dealers pocket and they varies by state, county and city, it seems to me that this practice only makes the price more confusing. Would it not be easier to state what a dealer will/should accept as a minimum profit and ad that number to the "true invoice"?
  • 06asmsi06asmsi Posts: 12
    For anyone interested, Nissan is running a 269.00 a month lease on the Pathfinder S. Sign and Drive... no Deposit or Cash Due at signing other than first months payment tax and title..in Georgia my county 285.14 monthly for 39 months. 12,000 miles per year.
  • I'm looking at a Blue 2006 Pathfinder - SE Off Road with 13,977 miles. With the following extras:
    Hill Descent Control, Auto Air Conditioning, Rear Air, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Tilt Wheel, AM/FM Stereo, Mp3 (Multi Cd), Dual Front Air Bags, ABS (4-Wheel), Power Seat, Moon Roof, Roof Rack, Privacy Glass, Running Boards, Towing Pkg, Alloy Wheels, Bose Premium Sound, Continuous Valve Timing Control (Cvtcs), 4-Wheel Limited Slip (Abls), Vehicle Dynamic Control (Vdc), Hill Descent Control (Hdc), Hill Start Assist (Hsa), two-toned cloth seats

The asking price is $23,993 at a Ford Dealer. What is a good price for this vehicle? Anything I should know about the cons of the Off Road model?

Thanks!!
  • Looking to lease a Pathfinder LE with Nav pkg.
    V6

MSRP 40,225
    Invoice 37,169
    TMV (less invoice) 37,839

What would a good target price be?
  • I am in a 36 month lease with my Murano which ends May of 2007.

I would like to get out of my lease and get a new Pathfinder, any suggestions on getting out without paying any fees?
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    It is not uncommon the last few months to find 07 4runners equipped brand new as you describe for 27000 or less . 07 Pathfinders like that for 25000-26000. I would skip the 1 yr old used market as with dealer profit added on to them you are getting into new car territory, especially end of year models. Ignore the TMV and other consumer "target prices" as they can be way off, especially on 20 mpg trucks/suvs.

If you must buy used look up the used wholesale value on kbb.com, edmunds.com and nada.com. Your target price should be around the lowest wholesale price of the 3 to 1000 or so above. There is a very slack market for low mpg suvs now.

Good luck
    --jjf
    I'm looking at a Blue 2006 Pathfinder - SE Off Road with 13,977 miles. With the following extras:
    Hill Descent Control, Auto Air Conditioning, Rear Air, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Tilt Wheel, AM/FM Stereo, Mp3 (Multi Cd), Dual Front Air Bags, ABS (4-Wheel), Power Seat, Moon Roof, Roof Rack, Privacy Glass, Running Boards, Towing Pkg, Alloy Wheels, Bose Premium Sound, Continuous Valve Timing Control (Cvtcs), 4-Wheel Limited Slip (Abls), Vehicle Dynamic Control (Vdc), Hill Descent Control (Hdc), Hill Start Assist (Hsa), two-toned cloth seats

The asking price is $23,993 at a Ford Dealer. What is a good price for this vehicle? Anything I should know about the cons of the Off Road model?

Thanks!!
  • We're looking at a Black 2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V6, leather package, premium package, side air bags, and factory DVD. MSRP is $38,130. Local dealer quoted us by e-mail sales price of $32,999 + tax, title, and license. He states this price reflects a $1750 rebate from Nissan. This would be a cash purchase with no financing. Based off of this information, what would be a good offer? Any thoughts on how low dealer might go? Also, any chance the timing of the purchase could affect this....ie, last week of December vs. beginning of January??
  • pjnspjns Posts: 3
    I believe that's a pretty good price.
    I just purchased a 2008 LE V6 AWD for $33,700 out the door.
    [I'm in Oregon, so no sales tax]
    The $1750 cash back runs to the end of December - so waiting end of month/year would definitely increase your chances for an even lower price.
  • MSRP= $37,825.00
    Invoice= $34,744.00
    Holdback= $756.50
    Rebate= $1,750.00
    Market Support= $635.00
    True Invoice(Invoice - Rebate - Holdback - Market Support) $31,602.50
    Tax % tags $32,402.50
    Tax tags(% x true invoice)+(tags=$100est) 6.00% 100 $2,044.15
    low ball(true invoice - 2k + tax)= $31,646.65
    Target Price(MSRP - rebate or Sale price - Low ball offer / 2 + low ball offer) $33,860.83 OTD price!!!!!!
    This is the "target" or "MAXIMUM" top price I would pay for this vehicle and consider it's a FAIR price for the dealer where he can make a few hundred dollars profit but not much. Give him the low ball pricing now and see what he can come up with. Dealer always try to push you into the top tier pricing... Good luck and I believe you make a fine choice with the 08' Pathy!
  • I'm a Canadian interested in buying a Pathy in Washington State. I recieved one offer for $33, 800 for the following:

2008 SE V6
    Leather package
    Premium packahe
    Side Airbags

I supposedly don't qualify for any rebates :-( Anyone have any suggestions as to a good offer/final price on this one?
  • I am looking to purchase a 2008 Pathfinder LE V6 2WD with Navigation.

MSRP 38405
    Invoice 35441
    TMV 36267
    Rebate -2250

I was telling a friend of mine about the car and he said his brother works for Nissan and get me the Employee Discount of 5% off of invoice.

I had a dealer willing to sell me the car at invoice less the rebate less a couple hundred if I picked the car on his lot vs. him trading for it.

Is anyone familiar with the employee discount? Will they give me 5% off of the invoice but stick me with prep and doc fees? Does Nissan reimburse the dealer for the 5%, therefore I may still have some negotiating room?

If I do get the 5% off I am looking at less then $34 OTD (not including DMV fees) for a nicely equipped PF.
  • I am looking at a 2001 pathfinder for $7,995. But it has 138,000 miles on it, is that too high? I am looking for a car that will be fairly reliable.
  • jkooljkool Posts: 3
    Hi Considering buying 2008 pathfinder SE-V6 4X4 Mrsp of 32,665 live in southern Calif. what good sale price i could get including rebates??? thanks