Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sgoyalsgoyal Posts: 24
    In my town, Dealer charges $599 document fees and they never take that away but would throw some extra accessory or bring the real price down LOL
  • Hmmm... maybe that's why they didn't argue when I asked them to put the bumper protector on for free!
  • It's been over 6 weeks since I submitted my application, jsut wondering.
    You can always send them email with your confirmation number and they usually response within 24-48 business hours.
    edited February 2013
    I signed the paper on Sunday and my car was supposed to come from different state since they didn't have my choice of Exterior/Interior Color plus SL Premium package with options..

When I went to get my car today, They gave me different Car with new VIN#.. Plus I was promised Car won't have more than 300 miles (I knew that since car was coming 270 miles away).. But the car, they gave me today had 500 miles and new VIN.. I said BYE BYE Ladies..

My contract is voided since you couldn't deliver the car I wanted. LOL

Here's what I got, I got the car OTD $36453 (invoice price) PLUS Silver Value 1&2 (Prepaid Maintenance) and Cargo pkg since it wasn't part of the original deal..

I wasn't walking out without that car anyway but I wanted them to sweeten the deal lil better LOL
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 228
    The dealer fee is very common in alot of states. The amount is variable and is sometimes called or listed as another fee name. I always negotiate a cap cost on a vehicle and take into consideration the fee. Many dealers will not take it off, but can throw in any extras as has been previously mentioned.
  • greenhkgreenhk Posts: 48
    Sounds like you got a great deal in the end! I'm supposed to be picking mine up this weekend. I will post final details, OTD price, etc. when all is said & done. They are getting mine from another state too - wonder how many miles it will have on it when I get it?!

How are you liking yours so far? What color combination did you go with?
  • tims2ktims2k Posts: 9
    $499 Prep fee sounds high to me. I've looked at several deals in CA that did not even have a prep fee. CA's problem is the high 8% sales tax.
  • tims2ktims2k Posts: 9
    I just took delivery of my new Pathfinder in Northern California. Here are the details:

2013 Pathfinder Platinum 4x4
    Platinum Premium Package, Splash Guards, Cargo Package
    MSRP - $44,645

OTD Price Breakdown
    Price of Car - $40,132.00
    Doc Fees - $80.00
    Sales Tax (8.00%) - $3,216.96
    Reg/Lic Fees - $375.75
    Total - $43,804.71

Reg/Licensing Fee Details
    Electronic Vehicle Reg - $16.00
    Vehicle License Fees - $261.00
    Registration/Title Fees - $90.00
    CA Tire Fees - $8.75
    Total Reg/Lic Fees - $375.75

This is our first Nissan and so far, we're very happy with this car.
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 212
    Preparation of a vehicle is included in the price of the vehicle. Dealers adding a separate "prep fee" are simply padding their profit. Just like they do with document fees.
    Ok they are calling it a "dealer conveyance fee." 3 different dealers that I dealt with had it on their form -all around the same price. Haven't taken delivery of the car yet, but it's probably too late to negotiate it at this point since I signed the purchase order already. Even with that added in, I still feel pretty good about the deal I'm getting.
    edited March 2013
    oh, My wife and I lovin' it but Kids are crazy about CAYENNE RED color with Charcoal (due to kids). They don't want to sit in my Lexus anymore LOL....

One more thing, I noticed that he put that service plan worth $700 in my contract. After I calculated OIL Change and Filter cost (it won't cost more than $300)... I already called Nissan consumer Affair to cancel it HAHAHA... they sent me the cancellation form. So the Price would go $700 more down ...
  • willcoverwillcover Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    Question to those that may know more than me. Have received word from two different dealers that the 2013 exterior color Mocha Stone is being discontinued, which is why this vehicle is hard to come by (Platinum Premium).

Any validity to the dealerships' claim?
    WOW, If it's true rumor...

Mocha was our second choice if our dealer couldn't locate Cayenne RED with Charcoal...

I'll call my dealer and see if they know anything about it.
  • Thank you for checking. FWIW, I am located in Louisiana.
    edited March 2013
    Here's final info:

2013 Pathfinder 4x4 SL
    black with charcoal interior
    illuminated kickplates
    carpeted floor mats
    roof rack cross bars
    trailer tow package
    stainless steel bumper protector
    wheel locks

MSRP: $38,070
    Negotiated Price: $32,433
    Tax: $2,122.87
    Reg, Title, etc. $111.00
    Dealer Conveyance fee: $498
    OTD price: $35,164.87

We had signed the purchase order on 2/27/13 - took delivery today, 3/2/13. Dealer gave us the lower apr that took affect 3/1/13 so ended up financing for 0.9% for 60 months - that was a pleasant surprise at the dealer today!

PLUS Have applied for $500 visa gift card with Edmunds. :)
  • gladiator99gladiator99 Posts: 104
    I have placed my order for a 2013 platinum basic and we have agreed on a trade in price for my current vehicle. Now he tells me that I can't get my platinum cayanne red pathfinder for 3 or 4 months. Also he says he will have to re-appraise my vehicle at that time. I am thinking he just wants to reduce my trade in price. We have signed a sales agreement with the final price, but I am thinking that I should wait for a 2014 model this fall. There was no discount on the retail price but he gave me a very reasonable trade in allowance.
    Any idea when the 14 models will be out? :confuse: :confuse:
    Jim
  • That's why it is very important not to discuss trade in until everything else is finalized in writing regarding the purchase price of the new vehicle.
  • Are you paying MSRP? I would say your paying a significant chunk of change more if its for a specific color only. There are many platinum available, going for around invoice pricing which is much less then msrp. I understand getting the color you want, but you should evaluate the pro's/con's of paying that much extra for a specific color.
  • Agreed. I had a dealer offer me a Platinum 4WD (MSRP $42,095) for $37,142 last week. By way of example...
    No one should have ever pay an extra penny over Invoice. I got my OTD at invoice price (SL 4X2).. I got my own choice of color and package.
    When I was going through negotiating, I had dealers drop out of the negotiation process when I would tell them the price another dealer was offering me. Why can some dealers sell you the car for below invoice and other cannot? Or is it that they can, but they won't?

I began my negotiating with 5 local delaers. In the end only 2 came down to the same price. The others said (1) there's no way they're selling you an SL for that price; (2) they're just telling you that price to get you in the door; (3) the deal will fall through - and when it does, call us back.
  • Hard to say exactly, but there are lots of ways dealers make money, including rebates, dealer handling, holdbacks and volume incentives from the manufacturing (so called "two-tier" pricing or stairstep pricing). I think this made the news last year with Honda.

I heard the same story with our recent sales negotiations ("they must be hiding something, that would lose us money") but the guy we went with (best service, best price) told me they prefer to offer best price up front to get the money from Nissan via volume. Thinner margins, perhaps, but probably more predictable...and you make very happy customers.
  • gladiator99gladiator99 Posts: 104
    The dealer gave me approx. $2000 more for my trade than any other dealer and he reduced the doc. fee by $200. Also I called Nissan Canada and they advised me that at the Vancouver International car show they will be handing out coupons for $1000 off for any 2013 Nissan product. So I won't be paying list price. None of the dealers would drop their prices close to inv.as there is a shortage of new Pathfinders here. I will be waiting about 3 months to get ours.
    The US dealers seem to be more likely to discount a new vehicle than Canadian dealers. I may sell my vehicle privately and then negotiate a better cash deal. I have had a few dealers offer a 1500. discount for a cash deal.
    Not a great deal bujt better than list.
    Cheers,
    Jim
  • Just put an order for a Nissan Pathfinder SL Premium in Central Jersey area. Delivery by 3/7/13.

Dark slate, almond leather interiors, Premium package (primarily Bose+dual sunroof)

MSRP: 40470
    Final negotiated price: 36500
    Acquisition fee: $595
    Doc fee: $350
    Tax: Approx $1450
    Down payment: $2880
    36 mo lease: $465/mo for 12000 miles per year

-Sam
  • js1116js1116 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    So, I thought I got a great deal until I saw this forum!

MSRP: 45,270
    Black w/ Charcoal
    Roof Racks
    Cargo Package
    Kickplates
    Carpeted floormats
    Maybe one more thing - can't recall off the top of my head.

Negotiated price: $41,500 (w/ recording fee of $220 included)

I did get KBB value for trade in on my 2010 Traverse. :)

Will pick up on Friday.

I see people on here getting 5-6k off MSRP! Please share your secrets! WDYT? Good, Bad or Neutral?
  • Look up Truecar.com, if you haven't already. Very good site that offers average prices paid by others in your area for the car you are watching. If it finds dealers in your area that have signed up with TrueCar, you will also get "certificates" from those dealers for a really good low price. Caveat is that they will claim the car has to be on their lot (i.e. they will not offer Truecar price on something they have to locate outside). Having said that, I still got my dealer to agree to a price only slightly over the Truecar price. Pretty good deal, I thought.

-Sam.
    edited March 2013
    Agreed. Truecar is a great place to start! In the end I got mine $2,000 BELOW what the Truecar certificate said (before TTL) - from another dealer that did not participate in Truecar pricing. Everything is negotiable...keep pushing to get what you want for a great price!
  • js1116js1116 Posts: 2
    According to Truecar, I got the truecar price on a car they had to locate. They said the target price was 41,532. So, I guess that is really not too bad. There was one person who purchased one in my area for a lower price, but I guess you can't feel to bad about that. I'm just wondering what area of the country it is that people are getting the really good deals! I'm midwest - invoice or slightly below seems about all you get here. :shades:
    I'm in the Northeast.