Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Insight

1234568»

Comments

• I have several questions concerning the 2010 Honda Insight, but this forum does not clearly distinguish between the new(2010) Insight and the original(two seater)Insight. Why not divide it intotwo categories.
  • jefh1jefh1 Posts: 2
    Hello, greetings from the Netherlands.

How long does the E-motor assists if climbing a 8% hill ? (time, miles) .normal speed.
    dB noise during assistance?
    dB noise without assistance?

With regards and thanks, Jefh1
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,788
    "Hello, greetings from the Netherlands.

How long does the E-motor assists if climbing a 8% hill ? (time, miles) .normal speed. "

OK, I can't resist. Where do you find hills in Holland? :surprise:

But just to help your question, it depends the amount of charge in the battery; I have read some reports of 2 miles, but they didn't mention the grade.

I don't think than an electric motor generates any noise, so I assume you mean the ICE will be running lower with battery assist. Sorry, I can't help you there.
  • Hello Stevedebi,
    The Netherlands (special the province Holland) lies for a great part below sealevel and is flat. Except a little piece in the south of the province Limburg. About the line Maastricht, Margraten (with its US-war II cemetery and 8301 soldiergraves) and Aachen (Germany).
    Here is the beginning of the Eifel (Germany) and the Ardennes (Belgium). With small hills +/- 0,5 to 2,0 miles and 2 to 5%, some little climbings at 8% ( Valkenburg the Couberg, WC cycling 2012). see www.vvvzuidlimburg.nl/heuvelland. and enjoy.
    The Alpes in Germany, France, Switzerland and Austria are for the Dutch beloved holidaycountries.
    Regards, jefh1
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,788
    "The Netherlands (special the province Holland) lies for a great part below sealevel and is flat. Except a little piece in the south of the province Limburg. About the line Maastricht, Margraten (with its US-war II cemetery and 8301 soldiergraves) and Aachen (Germany).
    Here is the beginning of the Eifel (Germany) and the Ardennes (Belgium). With small hills +/- 0,5 to 2,0 miles and 2 to 5%, some little climbings at 8% ( Valkenburg the Couberg, WC cycling 2012). see www.vvvzuidlimburg.nl/heuvelland. and enjoy.

Thanks. I must comment that your English is excellent! I lived in far western Germany many years ago, at a small air station in the Eifel. My visits to Holland were to the flat part!

You linked to the Dutch language site. Here is the english site.
  • The brake line to the front left wheel of my garage kept 2000 Insight with 100k mi corroded at a bend in line below the streering gear and almost caused a major accident. Has anyone else had a problem like this with their Insight.
  • Hello Gagrice,
    I have taken insurance policy for my car as well and i have not pay anything extra to my insurance company i.e. online-autoinsurance.net. I get maximum benefits from my insurance company at reasonable prices. I think its always better to opt for good insurance company which can provide you the best policies for your cars.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,854

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I live in US. I am planning to purchase a used Honda insight 2010 or 2011 LX or EX.. I have decided to buy Honda insight, because I found out from a technician in a honda dealership that you can actually drive the car when the hybrid battery is broke. Unlike prius when the car will not start if the hybrid batter is dead, insight supposedly has a component (alternator?) in the engine that powers the 12V battery, which in turn supports all electronics in the car. is that true ? if all the cells of the battery are dead ...can I still drive the car as a conventional gas car ?
    My second questions is about how to check the condition of the battery. I am planning to purchase the car from private party. I will test drive, pull carfax, etc ..but I would like to know if there is a way to actually check the condition of the battery after say 20 minute drive. thanks a lot for all your suggestions
  • yerth10yerth10 Posts: 428
    Around 4 years ago this time, Honda launched Insight Gen-2 as Prius Fighter. In the 1st year it sold well especially in Japan and from the 2nd year on wards, its sales went down.

The other 3 hybrids of Honda were moved to Lithium battery and the upcoming Accord Hybrid is going to have Full Hybrid with Lithium battery.

So what is the future of Insight. I guess MY-2014 will be the same as current MY. Does Honda have any idea of bringing new model at least by 2015, will it have Lithium battery, Full hybrid. These are just the questions.
1234568»