Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz SLK Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• sodegsodeg Posts: 1
    Hi there..interesting reading as I have just orderd an SLK350 for my wife. She loves the black color. We are in the San Francisco area.

We got the heating package, CD changer, premium package, trim package, 7 speed auto. negotiated a $49,225 price, including dealer prep charge of $720. Expect the far to be delivered in May. Had 3 dealers dealing like crazy for our business. Still have one now trying to come up with a better deal for me, although I don't know how he is going to do it! My wife likes the AMG package option but I don't see the big visible advantage to it so we are getting the standard version with options. The only way this dealer is going to get my business now is offering us the AMG package version at the same $49,225 price but I think that will be impossible!

Anyway, point is, I think the dealers are beginning to discount somewhat. At least that has been my experience over the last 2 weeks of negotiating.

Steve
  • kvdctkvdct Posts: 2
    Smoothyazn is right. My husband just bought me a Mars red SLK350 with comfort, heating, entertainment, and automatic for $50,050. The sticker was $52,700. We found a dealer with some inventory in NJ and they talked numbers. We are from CT. We love the car!! We have even been putting the top down in the cooler weather. The headrests really keep you warm inside.
  • karlskarls Posts: 7
    You two are lucky then that you were able to find dealers willing to negotiate. I guess I could've expanded my circle of dealer states around northern VA, especially since we had to order the car anyway. But at least I got a place in the build line, so I locked in the (MSRP) price before this month's jump. Dealer still says they haven't gotten a VIN yet, which is disappointing. The car was supposed to pop out of manufacturing the first week of February. I always feel better it's really on its way if I know the VIN.
  • kvdctkvdct Posts: 2
    well again I bought an in stock one. If I ordered it, this dealer was willing to take 500 off. that's about it. It will definitely be worth the wait!
  • amgnutamgnut Posts: 16
    Sunny So. Cal, Paid $1000 over MSRP for my SLK 55 AMG. Had an 8 week wait. Worth every penny & the wait. Test drove 05 Vette, SLK 350 & Crossfire (wanted the SRT, but not available at the location I was at}. By far best of the lot. Exhaust note of the 55 terrific. Made the Vette sound wimpy. Vette is improved, but not worth the $$$. 55 much better trim level. On the vette test drive I asked the salesman if auto-stick was available - He said " I would recommend it, you might miss a gear and damage the transmission". Good-bye Chevy.
    MB dealer was great. No pressure. No haggle. 1st MB dealer I must have been too blue collar, didn't give me time of day. Glendale dealer lost my business. MB in South Bay was the best.
    My first MB. Couldn't be happier. By far the best car I ever owned. Maybe next time a Sl 55? I can only live in hope.
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    Thats interesting because I didn't think anyone would cross shop a Corvette and a SLK. I've been waiting to hear from a SLK55 owner since its intro.

What do you think about the car's styling and handling? What color combo is your car?

M
  • amgnutamgnut Posts: 16
    I shopped Crossfire also. I had a 98 Mustang Conv. Liked convertibles and wanted luxury + power. Thats why I went with the Mercedes.

I love the styling. AMG additions vastly improve the look over the 350. Lower stance, rear spoiler, AMG wheels, front dam (with side scoops in front of the wheels), inserts on hood vents - AMG did nice work on making the car look like a killer. The way the rounded top looks when its up is questionable - but I love the look with the top down. I get tons of looks on the road & at the gas station (the one time I filled up).

With 277 miles, I tried to be easy due to manufacturer's break in reccomendation. Handling in my opinion is sharp, but have not put it to the limit yet. I can't wait for the next time I go to San Diego area, I spend about 30 minutes in small twisted mountain roads. Acceralation is heart pounding. Last night I was on the on-ramp to 5 north, hit the gas to merge and lost my breath. So did the LAPD who was already on the freeway. He didn't pull me over (lucky me), but was obviously not happy about my 30 to 65 mph launch. He did pull along side of me, and through the window ask me to "slow it down" while pointing downward with his index finger.

Needless to say the car gets noticed. I intend to try to take it easy until 1000 miles. Maybe by then I will find the appropriate forum to test the cars limits. I considering Mercedes offer to take the AMG Challenge, although $ 1195 seems a little pricey.

My colors are classic Mercedes. Iridium Silver Metallic with Nappa Black inside. A great combination considering I didn't get to choose. I've seen a Black with Black / Ash interior up close, that was nice too. I was offered a Silver with Grey / Red interior which I declined. Not my style.
  • I was 100% set on buying a BMW 3.0 Z4 when I woke up this morning. I even planned on buying it in the next 3 - 5 days.

But, when I was out today, I decided I owed it to myself to check out the other options from competitors. So I went to Lexus, and looked at the SC (even though I realize it's not really in competition with the roadster/convertibles). Went and checked out the Boxster S.

And then, I showed up at the MB dealership. At first glance, I wasn't too impressed with the SLK 350 -- even the AMG. Nor was my wife. But the more I looked at it, the more it grew on me. I spoke with a salesman a little bit, and was totally upfront with him. I told him I was pretty set on buying a Z4, but wanted to take one last peek around to see what else is out there. He was really nice and understanding, didn't hassle me, and let me poke, prod, crawl in and out, and play with it to my heart's content. And I found myself liking it more. Then he asked if I wanted to take it for a spin.

And I loved it.

I'm not totally, 100% sold on the looks (especially from the side), but it is definitively a better vehicle on the interior than the Z4.

So ... all this being said, I am definitely interested in it, and am wondering if anyone knows where I can find out any invoice information on the invoice for these cars, since Edmunds does not carry it?

Thanks for your help.
  • You can have my 2003 SLK230 with 21K on it for a shade over $31K. I drove the 2005 and was sold on it, minute mine is sold i order the fully loaded 2005.

Snow, who are you kidding? I have a 4x4 for that. I did try to drive once with a dusting of snow and almost lost it on the driveway going 5mph. The tires have zero grip in the snow, do not even think of it. It remain in the garage under the cover now from November until May.
  • This is from November and gives you a rough idea (sorry about the paste format):
    2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
    SLK350 2dr Roadster (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

What Others
    Are Paying

MSRP
    Invoice

National Base Price
    A note about advertising fees
    $45,500
    $42,315

$45,500

Regional Adjustment
    for Zip Code Change
    -
    -

$0

Optional Equipment
    $7,270
    $6,762

$7,270

-- Metallic Paint
    $680
    $632

$680

320 Entertainment Pkg w/DVD Navigation
    $2,800
    $2,604

$2,800

326 Premium Package
    $1,450
    $1,349

$1,450

-- 7-Speed Automatic Transmission
    $1,390
    $1,293

$1,390

323 Heating Package
    $950
    $884

$950

Color Adjustment
    -
    -

$0

Iridium Silver Metallic

Destination Charge
    $720
    $720

$720

Total with Options
    $53,490
    $49,797

$53,490
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    Thanks for the reply. Yep, you have the traditional Mercedes color combo.

I'm eargerly awaiting to see what the U.S. press has to say about the SLK55 AmG and the CLS for that matter.

M
  • mbdmbd Posts: 12
    Why doesn't MB have a pretty red color for their SLK sports car. The mars red is too muted & ugly.... not bright red like a sports car. Please ... get a real, bright red color.
    And, get rid of the ugly black plastic grates on the hood. They look cheap. At least color code them.
    And, what with a 6 disc changer that takes up almost the entire glove compartment. What poor designing. Why should we sacrifice storage area?
  • reuel3reuel3 Posts: 114
    Please keep the discussion focused on prices paid and the buying experience. You are welcome to discuss the pros and cons of a particular vehicle on the model-specific forums.

Thanks!
  • I just closed a deal on a new SKL350 for $3000 of list. I shopped in the Phoenix, Dallas, ElPaso, Albuquerque, and Denver area. Phoenix is ~$1600 off, ELPaso is +1000, Albuquerque -1000. The availability in cars out of the LA port seems really poor. Denver (Littleton) is the place to go.
  • darius1darius1 Posts: 1
    Can you be a little more specific. What option packages did you choose and what was the final price for the car. (also does it include the recent $750 bump in price or was it off the lot at the old price.
  • dsbdsb Posts: 4
    in central valley california, i have found dealers that will take $1500 over invoice. seems pretty reasonable. what do you think? also, i know its not the right forum, but i have a question... if you get the entertainment package without nav; do you still receive the color screen? if so, do you think the look and features of the screen is worth the price vs the 6-disc upgrade option?
  • I bought the 326 Premium, 323 Heating, 427 AT, 320 DVD Nav, 775 Iridium on the 2005-2 model which has the $750 bump from MB. $51240 out the door.
  • dsbdsb Posts: 4
    I assume the $51240 is before tax. The invoice on what you purchase = $50540. That means you paid $700 over invoice. I think that is a great deal. Can you confirm that $51240 was before tax. Also, where did you get that price? Thanks
  • There is no sales tax on new vehicles in NM or in CO as near as I can tell. The dealer is giving me the MSO and I will pay 3% to register the car in NM. I am writing a check for the $51240 and driving off. I agree that I am paying invoice plus $749.

One thing I noticed is that there are cars that are on the ground that have 2005-1 on the sticker and those that have 2005-2. The 2005-1 have the lower price and you can get the sport suspension for $200 or so but now you must buy the AMG package to get the sport suspension.

There are two other dealers in the Denver area that said they would sell for $2500 off MSRP.

Good luck. I am driving up Wednesday to pick up my car.
  • rebukerebuke Posts: 1
    Hi

Just got a black SLK350 for 1000.00 below invoice. I did a ton of research, and ended up going through the internet department at the dealership here in SoCal. Saved me a bunch of $.