Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 SVT Cobra

1235»

Comments

• I just got a call from my dealership that I've bought from before. Salesman told me that they are in fact getting ONE in next year and they want to pre-sell it before it hits the lot. They are not having an auction, instead they are setting the price at $75,000 with a $15,000 deposit first come first serve. I guess if they can get it why not but I have a feeling that I will watch this one for a while. I am glad I didn't go with my first impulse and agree because I truly believe if the 75K number is easily doable, they would auction (that's what they did with 2 GT's). So there it is. My car is waiting for me for 75K. I think I'm going to have to pass.
  • xkssxkss Posts: 722
    The first new Shelby GT500 will be auctioned at the Barrett-Jackson car auction next month.

Barrett-Jackson
  • Went in to a dealer to talk about ordering a SVT GT 500; sitting feet from us was a GT, with a $99,999 dealer markup clearly stated on the sticker, an auger of what will happen with the GT 500 SVT. Shame, though, considering that when the car was shown at the NY Auto Show last year, the price quoted was "under $40k."

Me, personally, if I were to spend $75k on a car, it would be on a Z06, not a souped-up Mustang.
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    "...sitting feet from us was a GT, with a $99,999 dealer markup clearly stated on the sticker,..."

There's a reason that GT was still sitting feet away from you......the $99,999 dealer markup.

GT's are now going for MSRP. I'm sure when they were first released (and demand exceeded supply) there were a few lottery winners that DID plunk down close to 1/4M for a GT. No longer.

Same holds true for the GT500. I'm sure when that thing first hits the ground, there will be a few individuals who spend $75k on it. Don't be amoung them.

But I would predict that within a year, prices will be back to MSRP.
  • sigt1sigt1 Posts: 66
    the market will bring the price to under MSRP after the enthus purchase the vehicle; so if you can wait, then wait

you can get GTs under MSRP now; it should be the same for the Cobra about a year after first year prodo
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Posts: 317
    First, this forum is mistitled. The title should be "2007 SVT Cobra."

Second, OK, I admit, I've been bitten by the Mustang bug. When the Cobra finally comes rolling out, I'll be there sniffing, looking, thinking of buying. I want that power. :shades:
  • dohc32vdohc32v Posts: 60
    Well as many of you already know the SVT Group of Ford, is no more. So the comment above is incorrect. Infact the Shelby GT-500 will have no reference to SVT or Cobra for that matter. Further, the Shelby GT-500 will be available and allocated to all Ford Dealerships, since the practice of only providing these cars to SVT Dealers is over and done with. There are no more SVT Dealers, since there is no more SVT Group within Ford. There will be a convertible, as well as a coupe. Production numbers being considered for 2007 10,000 units, with the split being 4,000 convertibles and 6,000 coupes. Ford has finally released the horsepower figure for the Shelby GT 500 and it will be 500 Ponies. First units will roll into Dealers showroom late June early July. If you have any sense about you, you will wait until the dust settles and be able to drive one out the door, before the end of the year, for MSRP. Unfortunately, gas mileage will be dismal, compared to a C-6 Corvette. With a large appitite for the high priced spread, some folks are going to be put off by this fact, so it may help rein in the asking price and Dealer mark-ups earlier than expected. Yes, I have my name on the list, with a couple of Dealers, but I don't plan on being scalped for one of these units. :)
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Posts: 317
    Dealer I talked today wanted a $30k markup, bringing the price to over $80k. No way. Will sit this one out, will find out if the car actually runs. With such limited production, tho, doubt I'll ever be able to get one at or close to MSRP, which is the only way I'd buy one.
  • duwop1duwop1 Posts: 13
    Hope I'm giving you correct info. I have a 99 cobra Svt with low miles, also heard rumors of a new rocket coming out.After a visit to my ford dealer this is what I have. 2007 Shelby Cobra GT 500. Stickered at $43k,expectations are unless your willing to "PONY Up" (good one) 15 to 20k over,you can't play.Sounds like their going to produce around 500 units. Dealer wouldn't even give me a brochure. Guess I'm not going to play.
    Hopefully most of this info is correct.
1235»
This discussion has been closed.