Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Focus Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Agree with David. Sounds like a great price. Were there any other features? Also was this 2012 or 2013? Did that price include destination fee? Also, just to be clear, that price doesn't factor in trade-in, right?

Sorry for all the questions. I've found that price comparing can be very misleading without all the details.
  • coolgdeltacoolgdelta Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    I just bought a 2013 ford focus se auto music with super fuel package for 13900 plus tax title license. price includes destination they couldn't get the color I want so gave me this for 13900 everyone buy ur cars today
    Msrp 20185

No trade in guys having these deals California Bay Area
  • Thats the best deal EVER! You are about 1K lower than I did and much lower than anyone on this board. Also, you beat most 2012/13 used Focus SE with a good amount of milage on along with carmax.com.

Good job. Where was this dealer/location?
  • I got it from livermore ford, but any of the dealerships such as tracy and san leandro were all willing to negotiate. its just being willing to settle for different color and being at the end of the year.
  • Nice deal man

I need some help though. I am first time buyer with okay credit. The financier was telling me if I did not buy the extended warranty, my interest rate would be 12 percent but If I bought it, it would be 5 percent. Is that a scam. Do I have to purchase warranty to get that interest rate? I ended up buying it only after he told me I cancel it after I refinance. I should not have to refinance right? I should be able to cancel the warranty no matter what and get a refund on it and still keep the apr right? Thanks you guys.
  • Bought the car on 12/31/12 in Orlando, FL. List price $20,183, they knocked off $5,000 in discounts add back $699 dealer fee = about $15,900 +TTL financed over 60 months at 2.9% for a payment of $258/mo. Hope this helps - seem like some much better deals going on in CA! Well done.
  • gambit293gambit293 Posts: 406
    They can structure the terms of a loan however they want. However, I'm not sure if Ford lending practices are supposed to be standard across all dealers.

Regardless, those rates sound like a **** deal, especially with the market's current rates. I would expect rates to be between 0-5% in the current economy.
  • I just purchased a 2013 Focus SE SFE package with sync for $14,260 +ttl=$15,449 otd.. MSRP WAS $20,185
  • Congrat. Is it also in bay area, CA? can you share the dealer info? i am also in the market for a new focus.
  • Hi coolgdelta-

I live in the same area as you and I can't find a deal anywhere close to what you got... the best I've seen is MSRP of 21090 and getting quotes of 16,995 which include 2500 in rebates from Ford. any contacts you have at the dealership would be great. you can reach me at erikt1029@gmail.com
  • 2/1/13......Today I purchased a 2013 Focus for $15,400 ($3000.00 in rebates) +TTL and doc fees... for a total of $16,857.44 OTD. The sticker price was $20,085. This was the best deal I could get in Southeast Texas.
    I'm happy with my deal however, I've been "wheeling and dealing" with different dealerships for about 3 weeks.
    Thanks to you all for your input.... all the info was very helpful!
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,821
    If I ever did get a Focus, I'd go with the SEL hatch at this point. I like the looks of the hatch way better than the sedan and it's great looking in red...yes red, it just looks right in that color on the hatch. It's a really handsome hatch with proper proportions all the way around. I drove a hatch last week for a few miles and liked everything except the weird tranny. I'm hoping to drive one at my new job and really get some seat time in one. I drove from Lauderdale to Tampa yesterday in a 2013 Elantra and was super impressed with it and it's smoothness. I'm hoping the Focus will be just as good because the hatch in red is a real looker and is on my short list for my next ride in a few years. Since I keep cars for about 10 or so years, I have to choose wisely. I now have the perfect opportunity to test drive all kinds of cars and suv's so I can make the best decision possible for me. And right now, the Focus is in the top few of that list...well done Ford...and this is coming from an import lover!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf SE (me) / 2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatch (daughter #1) / 2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

• kam327kam327 Posts: 115
    Well the SEL was discontinued for '13 so you'll have to go with the SE Appearance Package or buy used. But as a Focus owner, and having rented the Elantra before, I'll take the focus anyway (and I did!). The DCT is quirky but it has its advantages too.
    And that's what makes America so great...we all get to choose our favorite vehicles...and purchase them, within reason of course. I still need some extended seat time in a Focus to give a well thought out reason as to which I think is better. There haven't been many Foci on my recent trips to even get one. So I'll defer judgement here but the Elantra was very very good on yesterdays jaunt across southern Florida. Going to Ft. Myers tomorrow and hoping to see a Focus in the group this time.

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf SE (me) / 2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatch (daughter #1) / 2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

• Hello car_man & kyfdx,
    I am looking to buy my first car sooner than later. I really have my heart set on a Focus in Ruby Red. I currently have a dealer that I have been working with in Georgia at the Hardy Family Ford Dealership. I also was blessed with someone who is allowing me to use thier X-Plan incentive. My questions are, 1. What would be the best price for a SE sedan model, possibly considering the Hatchback, (after reading the other posts and relooking at the model.) The current price I have been quoted is 19,632 x-plan- 2,500 rebates= 17,132. Is that a good price or should I go to another dealership (one suggested on this site)? 2. What would be the ideal amount to put down on the car also, and does it matter? 3. What are the stipulaions to using X-Plan, does it work at any Ford Dealership? Could I use it at the site's suggested locations? Thank you for all of your assistance.
  • How was that car optioned? Was that the sedan or HB. Sounds like a decent deal. Best price I have been able to find in the metro Atlanta area is $15.5k + TTL on the SE, auto trans w/synch.

Thanks!-CB
  • Hi, I am currently in market shopping for focus SE in GA. Will you be able to tell me the dealer name for that 15.5k before ttl? Thanks.
  • check out Wade in Smyrna. advertising 15995(4k off msrp)-probably get it lower..15-15.5 if you qualify for any other incentives.
  • Also shopping focus SE in Atlanta area. Currently looking at Focus SE Hatch with 201a option package. MSRP 22.6K. Current price 17.3K +ttt and fees = $19.5 total.
  • squallteosquallteo Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I just bought a 2013 Focus SE HB, 200a option, auto trans, MSRP $21090, paid $17800 OTD (after $3000 rebate). I am in NC. I feel it could cost less b/c the manager didn't look mad when I made my offer.
  • Can anyone point me to the residuals and money factors on the 2013 FFE for a both 24 and 36 month leases with 15K/miles/year?
  • jcfialajcfiala Posts: 3
    Fiction.
    cash back is a rebate from the manufacturer to the customer. It does not affect the dealer prices. "Employee pricing" might be from the dealership though. Still you should be able to negotiate down further.

So it sounds like they are doing MSRP-1500$(dealer)-2500 (FMC).
    FMC could care less what the dealer sells it for. FMC sold the car to the dealership and the dealership can sell if at a loss or a massive gain, FMC doesn't care, they already got their money.
  • equinoxgequinoxg Posts: 4
    I bought it at MOGF yesterday and drive out price is 16555. MSRP 20090, no trade in. 2% apr for five years. Leaned a lot from here. Thanks everyone.
    What model? Hatch or sedan? Personally prefer the hatch now in red, gorgeous color, with the nicer alloys. Since all they have now is the SE and no more SEL, it's a bit confusing. I did see the perfect SEL with stone leather in a seafoam green color...stunning looking vehicle but it was pretty optioned up and the price was around $25k! Comfortable seats though and it sold soon after I saw it on the floor. Now that is a Ford I would've bought had the timing been right. Since driving a number of these at work, new ones mostly, I've come to really like this vehicle. It scoots nicely and that cockpit feeling I get once I settle into the drivers seat is unlike most cars out there now. Just wish they could do something with the colors of the information readouts to a cooler color. And the sound systems/MySync is still too complicated...wish they could simplify it so a child could work it. Whenever I get one now, I just throw a cd in...so much simpler actually!

If I were in the market to replace my Civic right now, this car would definitely be on the short list...something I would never say 6 months ago!

• Just bought a 2013 Focus after doing a couple of weeks research. The forum was very helpful, so thanks to all the people who participate - much appreciated.

I bought an SE HB manual with moonroof and floor mat packacge, for $16,500 plus $250 doc, tags $50, and tax on that. Ended up with $3,250 in rebates and was able to get invoice for an OTD price of $18,090.

Hope that helps the next buyers - good luck.
  • dc76dc76 Posts: 3
    Did you get a $500 rebate for manual transmission?
  • tipotatipota Posts: 2
    I am looking to purchase a 2013 Focus SE, Hatchback, Auto with 201A. Any recommendations on good dealerships to deal with in the LA/OC area?

Also, what would be a good price to get after all rebates?

All help is very appreciated...thanks!
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,032
    We need your input to improve our Forums!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• tigeotigeo Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Purchased last week. '13 Focus SE HB, manual, 201a, Winter pkg, moonroof. MSRP $24,025. Got it for $19,485 with incentives. OTD price $20,805 (taxes, DMV, $100 proc fee). The OTD price also includes $450 worth of accessories..splash guards, keyless entry pad, cargo area protector, and window tint (I thought their prices were v. reasonable for these items..about what I could buy them for online). I was given $2,750 in incentives, but it looks like now there is another $500-750 available. Bummer...should have waited (but don't you always say that when you buy a car?). I am happy with the car and the deal I got. I put about a third down and financed the balance for 3 years at 1.49% through my bank (Navy Federal CU).

Buying cars now days is easy...test drive cars and pick what you want, go online and get your price worked out, deal with multiple dealers via email to get the best price (I always go to the one that I test drove the car with to give them the first shot at matching prices unless they weren't nice), arrange financing through your bank, and finally...say no to the F&I guy add-ons (ext. warranty, paint/upholstery protection, etc.) when you go back to the F&I office to sign your loan check over...they won't let you out of there without trying to talk you into it!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,918
    Did you recently purchase a car from the Detroit 3 (GM, Ford or Chrysler) after avoiding these domestic vehicles in the past? What made you change your mind? A reporter would like to ask about your experience. If you can help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by Friday April 26th 2013.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews