Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Focus Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Can anyone point me to the residuals and money factors on the 2013 FFE for a both 24 and 36 month leases with 15K/miles/year?
  • jcfialajcfiala Posts: 3
    Fiction.
    cash back is a rebate from the manufacturer to the customer. It does not affect the dealer prices. "Employee pricing" might be from the dealership though. Still you should be able to negotiate down further.

So it sounds like they are doing MSRP-1500$(dealer)-2500 (FMC).
    FMC could care less what the dealer sells it for. FMC sold the car to the dealership and the dealership can sell if at a loss or a massive gain, FMC doesn't care, they already got their money.
  • equinoxgequinoxg Posts: 4
    I bought it at MOGF yesterday and drive out price is 16555. MSRP 20090, no trade in. 2% apr for five years. Leaned a lot from here. Thanks everyone.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,578
    What model? Hatch or sedan? Personally prefer the hatch now in red, gorgeous color, with the nicer alloys. Since all they have now is the SE and no more SEL, it's a bit confusing. I did see the perfect SEL with stone leather in a seafoam green color...stunning looking vehicle but it was pretty optioned up and the price was around $25k! Comfortable seats though and it sold soon after I saw it on the floor. Now that is a Ford I would've bought had the timing been right. Since driving a number of these at work, new ones mostly, I've come to really like this vehicle. It scoots nicely and that cockpit feeling I get once I settle into the drivers seat is unlike most cars out there now. Just wish they could do something with the colors of the information readouts to a cooler color. And the sound systems/MySync is still too complicated...wish they could simplify it so a child could work it. Whenever I get one now, I just throw a cd in...so much simpler actually!

If I were in the market to replace my Civic right now, this car would definitely be on the short list...something I would never say 6 months ago!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• Just bought a 2013 Focus after doing a couple of weeks research. The forum was very helpful, so thanks to all the people who participate - much appreciated.

I bought an SE HB manual with moonroof and floor mat packacge, for $16,500 plus $250 doc, tags $50, and tax on that. Ended up with $3,250 in rebates and was able to get invoice for an OTD price of $18,090.

Hope that helps the next buyers - good luck.
  • dc76dc76 Posts: 3
    Did you get a $500 rebate for manual transmission?
  • tipotatipota Posts: 2
    I am looking to purchase a 2013 Focus SE, Hatchback, Auto with 201A. Any recommendations on good dealerships to deal with in the LA/OC area?

Also, what would be a good price to get after all rebates?

All help is very appreciated...thanks!
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    We need your input to improve our Forums!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• tigeotigeo Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Purchased last week. '13 Focus SE HB, manual, 201a, Winter pkg, moonroof. MSRP $24,025. Got it for $19,485 with incentives. OTD price $20,805 (taxes, DMV, $100 proc fee). The OTD price also includes $450 worth of accessories..splash guards, keyless entry pad, cargo area protector, and window tint (I thought their prices were v. reasonable for these items..about what I could buy them for online). I was given $2,750 in incentives, but it looks like now there is another $500-750 available. Bummer...should have waited (but don't you always say that when you buy a car?). I am happy with the car and the deal I got. I put about a third down and financed the balance for 3 years at 1.49% through my bank (Navy Federal CU).

Buying cars now days is easy...test drive cars and pick what you want, go online and get your price worked out, deal with multiple dealers via email to get the best price (I always go to the one that I test drove the car with to give them the first shot at matching prices unless they weren't nice), arrange financing through your bank, and finally...say no to the F&I guy add-ons (ext. warranty, paint/upholstery protection, etc.) when you go back to the F&I office to sign your loan check over...they won't let you out of there without trying to talk you into it!
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    Did you recently purchase a car from the Detroit 3 (GM, Ford or Chrysler) after avoiding these domestic vehicles in the past? What made you change your mind? A reporter would like to ask about your experience. If you can help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by Friday April 26th 2013.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• gs4gs4 Posts: 2
    Looking to buy a 13 SE or a Titanium in NJ area. Can anyone let me know what pricing they got and what rebates are available? Just started seeing dealers and any intel would be useful. Thanks
  • halucihaluci Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2013 Focus after doing a bit of research. I bought an SE HB Automatic for $16723 (which included $2750 in rebates/incentives). Hope this helps someone.
  • gs4gs4 Posts: 2
    Haluci, thanks, very helpful. What state are you in. Right now im sitting on $1500 in rebates and relying on the dealer and his holdback
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A reporter would like to speak to a recent buyer of a Ford Focus ST who considered buying a VW GTI. If this fits your description and you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET on Monday, 5/6/13.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• What are folks paying for the Focus S and or SE with Auto Trans?
  • On Monday I bought a 2013 Focus SE with auto trans for $16,900 total price.

I conducted a phone auction over a two hour period with six area dealerships. Identified individual cars with stock numbers at each dealership in advance. Told each I would be at the dealership just after 5pm with a bank check in the required amount, and told each to give me their very best price, including all taxes, fees, registration, etc. Shared the best price to that point with each, gave each a little while to put together offer or counteroffer.

Highest quoted was $18650; I went with the lowest at $16900. Did it all in comfort of my home while playing with my baby.

Nice car...I like it quite a bit so far.
  • tipotatipota Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. What state do you live in so I can compare final costs with taxes?

Also, was it an entirely base SE? A hatchback or a sedan?

Thanks
  • 2 deals-first SE w/auto trans, 200A packge, Sirius-16489 OTD, no trade. Second-SE w/auto trans, 200A package, Sirius and back-up assist-16501 OTD, No trade. Took first since it was 10 miles from where I live-the other was 200 miles round trip. Metro-Atlanta area. Note-did have 500 factory $ applied for college student.

Felt good about price...any input??
  • I just purchased the above with a 5 speed manual for $16,300 before tax, license and fees on 5/25/2013. It included $3250 in rebates. MSRP was $20,890.

taxes 5.5%
    irritating documentation fee of $150

That was the best price I could find in the Mpls/St.Paul area. Comparing price, options, looks, handling, quality made this purchase no brainer when compared to other brands. I'm hoping the long term ownership proofs that this really was the correct choice!