Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Focus Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I would agree that the Civic gets better gas mileage and has a higher re-sale value but keep in mind that the Civic will cost quite a bit more than the Focus. I would recommend looking at the Corolla or Elantra as well, the Corolla is due for a re-design next year and prices are starting to go down and the Elantra has a nice warranty and the 06 models are being discounted since the 07's have been re-designed.
  • I definitely am not getting 30 MPG in my Focus because it is just too much fun to drive it fast!

That, plus I do a lot of city driving (stop sign or light every block type of city driving) and here in NJ/PA we have E10 gas which does not get mileage as good as regular gas.

Basically it comes down to price - you will probably pay a few thousand more for a Honda but will also probably get it back when you trade it in.
  • Hey, we are looking at buying a Focus, and have a couple questions...
    do you guys know if it is possible to get the $500 rebate through AQHA in addition to A Plan?

Also, is A plan the best price, or do you think it's worthwhile to try negotiating?

Being it's close to the holidays, do you think the #2500 rebate will go up? I know it went to 3500 over Labor Day, that's why I am wondering if we should wait or just go ahead an buy it.
  • Hi,
    I just spoke to a dealer who offered me the following:
    2007 Ford Focus SE + Convenience Package + Safety Package + Auto Transmission
    MSRP = 17,055
    "Invoice" = 16142
    2500 Customer Incentive + 500 FMCC Cash + 500 FMCC First Time Buyer Downpayment Match

Final price = (16,142 - 3,500) = 12,642 + Tax, Doc

Is this the best I can expect to do, or have people been able to get better pricing than this?
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,855
    you should be able to do better. at least make a counter offer, or get a price from another dealer.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    I've seen the Focus go from 4000-6500 off MSRP. They depreciate like hell. A 17000 MSRP model barely wholesales for 10000 after year 1 if that.

The 6500 off would be year end (july-sept) sales. You would have to get numerous bids toward the end of the month and work to get it.

For a plain jane 4dr se and not to picky on colors/options I would want at least $5000 off.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf
  • I have a trade in worth 10,000. How long of the back and forth would I have to put up with before I got $5000 off?
  • I have a trade in value of 10,000 (I owe nothing on it). How long of the back and forth will I have to put up with before I could expect to get an offer of $5,000 of MSRP?
    Get the fightingchance.com package
    Read "Don't get taken every time" by remar Sutton (library or Amazon)

Nuff said. Informed for life

(I've seen yet again another ad for $6000 off a Focus on motoralley.com, and browsed just a few)

--jjf
  • chetjchetj Posts: 324
    i just bought a 07 basic focus for a whopping 9300$....msrp 14,075...my wife is a filipino so the price went from 98 to 9300$...first time buyer w/ 13 percent interest...for 2 years, but will pay off sooner...it is a good car with a lot of headroom and i would recommend it to anyone...5000 miles so far and no problems...my new american cars have always run good...dont see why i should pay 2 or 3 k more for honda or toyota...fords and chevys would depreciate faster but not a issue if your the type to keep car for awhile...japanese companies need our business a lot less than big 3 do anyway, why not throw them a bone..or at least consider buying a car assembled here or w/ a high content of domestic and or north american parts
  • kevink67kevink67 Posts: 1
    I just got offered $11,424 for a Zx3 SE manual trans with Conv Group, Saftey Pack and Sport group. Thats about $5500 below MSRP, how good of a deal is this? I may be able to get it for less with the new buyer rebate too putting it about $6k below MSRP. I think this is the best I've seen, what do you think?
    Read my message 121 130 133. Even a High end focus ($19000) is barely a 11000 vehicle wholesale after a year so you are definitely in the ballpark. The best i've ever seen advertised was 7200 off a zx4, and that may have been a teaser.

--jjf
  • I paid just over 14k for my 2007 Focus ST. Price was slightly under invoice plus a $2500 instant rebate.

Options were CD changer and Perimeter alarm.
  • duck68137duck68137 Posts: 7
    No... I have tried. You cannot get the AQHA or the recent college grad rebates in addition to the A Plan.

However, I was able to talk the dealer into an additional $500 off because they get money back from FORD on the A Plan.
  • tmporttmport Posts: 19
    Here's the car I'm considering. I'm curious what people think a good price would be:

2007 Focus ZX5 SE
    Automatic
    Safety Package
    Convenience Group
    Sport Group
    Interior Upgrade Package
    6-Disc CD Player
    Perimeter Alarm
    Chrome Exhaust Tips

MSRP: $19,210

What do you think is a good price for this car? Thanks!
    The car you are looking at probably wholesales used in 1year for about 11000 with 15000 miles on it. A good price would be 12500-13ish. Check it out on nada.com or kbb.com You want about 6000-6500 off MSRP.

--jjf

2007 Focus ZX5 SE
    Automatic
    Safety Package pr
    Convenience Group
    Sport Group
    Interior Upgrade Package
    6-Disc CD Player
    Perimeter Alarm
    Chrome Exhaust Tips

MSRP: $19,210

What do you think is a good price for this car? Thanks!
  • danielj6danielj6 Posts: 285
    In September '06 I bought a ZX5 SE Focus for my son at a dealership located close to St. Louis, Missouri.

With safety ABS and (side air bags) and convenience packages minus the $2500 cash back was $14700. My kid overpaid $285, according to Edmund's TMV. He also got a two year extended warranty + tax, registration and plates the OTD was $15800.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,855
    there are no 'tips'. there is only a tip(single exhaust).
  • 76scirocco76scirocco Posts: 1
    Was told by Future Ford of Clovis that $12,031 before tax and license was the best they could do. I said no deal. I was pushing for 10K. It was a 2007 3 door, manual transmission, really only option was AC.
  • las_03las_03 Posts: 1
    Any thoughts on what to offer in the Houston area? I've seen a couple of places advertise 5,000 to 5,500 off which includes the 2,500 rebate. How far can one push it?

1. 4 door SES, options are: automatic, leather bucket seats, and safety package (ABS and side airbags) MSRP 18,035

2. SES wagon, options are: automatic, safety package, 6 disc CD player MSRP 19,575

Thanks for any advice.
    Page along and check out my other messages on this forum.
    Even the most expensive Focus will wholesale for barely 12000 in a year, most for about 10000 from the consumer books. Based on this you want about 5000 off.

I've seen numerous ads for the base type model for 6000-7000 off MSRP. These have been teaser ads with only 1-3 cars available at that price. How successful people are at getting 6000+ off the loaded models, I don't know but I would certainly try emailing 20+ ford dealers for their best price end of the month with my cell # included and see how far I could push it, especially if I was flexible on model and color.

Its a good choice, at 5000+ off MSRP, and probably better than the Cobalt or chev Aveo. Doesn't it still have the 60000 powertrain warranty?

--jjf

Any thoughts on what to offer in the Houston area? I've seen a couple of places advertise 5,000 to 5,500 off which includes the 2,500 rebate. How far can one push it?

1. 4 door SES, options are: automatic, leather bucket seats, and safety package (ABS and side airbags) MSRP 18,035

2. SES wagon, options are: automatic, safety package, 6 disc CD player MSRP 19,575

Thanks for any advice.
  • chetjchetj Posts: 324
    i love my 2007 focus...i am 6 -3 and it has plenty of headroom...it also has a 100k powertrain extended service contract..top that civic and corolla....car dealers dont make a lot of money on new focuses and cobalts so there is not a lot of room for discount...unless you let them screw you on trade in
  • jbaaronjbaaron Posts: 4
    Vehicle Description
    FOCUS 2007 4-DOOR SES
    2.0L DOHC ENGINE
    AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE
    Exterior - LIQUID GREY CC METALLIC
    Interior - CHARCOAL/LT FLINT TRIM CLOTH BUCKET SEATS

Standard Equipment INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE

EXTERIOR
    . 16" ALLOY WHEELS
    . P205/50R16 TIRES
    . BODY SIDE MOLDINGS
    . DUAL POWER MIRRORS
    . VARIABLE INTERVAL WIPERS
    . REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER
    . SOLAR TINTED GLASS
    . FRONT FOG LAMPS

INTERIOR
    . AIR CONDITIONING
    . AM/FM STEREO SINGLE CD/MP3
    . MANUAL SEAT HEIGHT ADJUST
    . 60/40 SPLIT FOLD REAR SEAT
    . CONSOLE W/ 3 CUPHOLDERS & DRIVER ARMREST/STORAGE
    . FRONT MAP/READING LIGHTS
    . TILT/TELESCOPING LEATHER

WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL
    . TACHOMETER
    . INTERIOR TRUNK RELEASE

FUNCTIONAL
    . 100,000 MILE TUNE-UP INT.
    . FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
    . FRONT/REAR IND SUSPENSION
    . FRT DISC/REAR DRUM BRAKES
    . POWER RACK PINION STEERING
    . POWER WINDOWS/LOCKS
    . SPEED CONTROL

SAFETY/SECURITY
    . DRIVER/PASSENGER AIR BAGS
    . OCCUPNT CLASSIFICATION SYS
    . ADJ HEIGHT FRT SEAT BELTS
    . CHILD SAFETY REAR DR LOCKS
    . SECURILOCK/PASS ANTITHEFT
    . LOW FUEL WARNING LIGHT
    . REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY

WARRANTY
    . 24 HR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
    . 3 YR/36,000 MILES

Price Information MSRP
    STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $15,775.00
    Key Standard Equipment
    ORDER CODE 420A - 4DR SES
    SPOILER
    POWER SIDE WINDOWS
    CONVENIENCE GROUP
    INTEGRATED FOG LAMPS
    CFC-FREE AIR CONDITIONING
    16" ALLOY WHEELS

Optional Equipment
    2007 MODEL YEAR
    LIQUID GREY CC METALLIC
    CHARCOAL/LIGHT FLINT CLOTH
    .2.0L DOHC ENGINE

AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE $815.00
    .P205/50R16 BSW TIRES

WEATHER PACKAGE $175.00
    .HEATED SEATS
    .POWER HEATED MIRRORS

PERIMETER ALARM $125.00

50 STATE EMISSIONS

6-DISC IN-DASH W/MP3 PLAYER $370.00
    .DUPLICATE RADIO CONTROLS

WINDOWS
    .TINTED $299.99

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $17,260.00
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY $570.00
    TOTAL MSRP $18,129.00

THE DEAL (Break Down)
    Negotiated -($3000.00) off MSRP
    State Sales Tax $789.31
    Federal Luxury Tax $0.00
    Dealer's Inventory Tax $33.25
    License Fee 77.30
    Title Fee $33.00
    State Inspection Fee $23.75
    Documentary Fee $50.00
    Consumer Service Fee $0.00

Total $16135.61
    Rebate -($2500.00)

Total $13635.61

Easy Breakdown
    MSRP $18129.00
    Negotaited / Rebate ($5500.00)
    TT&L + Fees $1006.61
    Total $13635.61

I purchased in Houston, TX. I hope this helps someone.
  • delcorbettdelcorbett Posts: 11
    I am in the market for a can and I got a quote on a New 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S with A/C for 13,499 OTD, I know the invoice for this car is 12,977 plus 791 for the A/C so thats 13768 right there, and the there would be destination charge, tax title, registration, and what ever else they try to stick you with. I really wanted it in yellow and this one is silver. It's not a deal breaker as I only like how it looks in yellow. So what do you all think? 13,5 OTD?
    We don't know what your state is so taxes can vary from 300-1000 dollars.

These vehicles sell at steep discounts, especially the S models. If you look up an SE you will see at least msrp wise, you get power options and Air conditioning for aoubr 1200 more. You want a minimum of 5500 off MSRP. I've seen the base models advertised (teaser ads) for 6000-7000 off. Look up on kbb.com what a used 06 with 16000 miles wholesales for. Probably about $9500. $3000 dollars 1st year is too much to eat for a car in this price range.

Yellow is hard to get and you may have to pay more to get it. You will need 10-20 competing quotes from email end of month (or possibly now before july 4-9) to beat the dealer with the yellow over the head with. Get quotes on the SE also and see what the market looks like 100 miles around your home.

I am in the market for a can and I got a quote on a New 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S with A/C for 13,499 OTD, I know the invoice for this car is 12,977 plus 791 for the A/C so thats 13768 right there, and the there would be destination charge, tax title, registration, and what ever else they try to stick you with. I really wanted it in yellow and this one is silver. It's not a deal breaker as I only like how it looks in yellow. So what do you all think? 13,5 OTD?
  • jbaaronjbaaron Posts: 4
    delcorbett,

I don't know what state and what you're specifically wanting when it comes to options/features. If you could provide at least your state and what you would like to have in the Focus ZX3 S that would be very helpful. Also, do you have a lot of Ford dealers near you? If so, roughly how many? I'm willing to help you but I would need this information to better understand the market you live in so I can help you save some money.

I've exhausted myself by do a lot of reading, researching, and dealer hopping but when it was over, it was worth the 5500.00 in savings.

For the price you're mentioning, you should be walking OTD with an SES and several options. Based on just the Specs you're providing, I wouldn't buy the car until I got the ZX3 S anywhere between 9K to 10K. It can be done.

Shoot me an email and I do what I can to help you out because I hate to see people get raped by big corporations.
    Also check out the Chevy malibu as I've seen numerous ads for the 4cyl 17800 Ls for 13000ish. It is much more sedan than the Focus (drive it) but with no manual available.

Unfortunately, the big corporations are always under the spotlite and image conscious. Most of the trouble and rape you get are with Bob's Ford of Tuscaloosa and God knows whatever else small operator the State Attorney general is aware of.

Good Luck
    --jjf

Shoot me an email and I do what I can to help you out because I hate to see people get raped by big corporations.
    I live in Miami Florida, Cuba 2. I do Have a few within driving distance. I think Maroone, Gus Machado, and a few others, Maybe a world Ford something. It is a 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S with option 572, manual Air Conditioning. Thats all it had and thats all I wanted. Color does not matter but this one is cd silver. I have see ad's for teaser cars in the local papers for about 9899 or around there for base s models with AC, So it perked my interest. I also qualify for the ford x-plan but every time I mention that, the dealers seem to stop all negotiating. Stupid prearranged price. I know I can haggle a better price then the x-plan. I was also looking at a chevy cobalt, new 07 ls with am/fm/cd and ac, manual for 12,500 out the door with my gm supplier price. I know this is a focus forum but i am between those 2. Which ever dealer bites the negotiating hand and draws blood wins.
    I don't know what your timeline is but august-sept is bound to be a shooting gallery for these cars. Do try 10-20 chevy dealers via email before july 6 or end of month for 13ish on a chevy malibu ls 4 cyl base before a Cobalt. Lots more car for the money. I've seen 12800 prices for GM supplier folks. Possibly 15-16000ish for the V6LT model.

Good Luck
    --jjf

I live in Miami Florida, Cuba 2. I do Have a few within driving distance. I think Maroone, Gus Machado, and a few others, Maybe a world Ford something. It is a 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S with option 572, manual Air Conditioning. Thats all it had and thats all I wanted. Color does not matter but this one is cd silver. I have see ad's for teaser cars in the local papers for about 9899 or around there for base s models with AC, So it perked my interest. I also qualify for the ford x-plan but every time I mention that, the dealers seem to stop all negotiating. Stupid prearranged price. I know I can haggle a better price then the x-plan. I was also looking at a chevy cobalt, new 07 ls with am/fm/cd and ac, manual for 12,500 out the door with my gm supplier price. I know this is a focus forum but i am between those 2. Which ever dealer bites the negotiating hand and draws blood wins.
    I have a dealer down here in miami telling me for a 2007 Focus SE with Auto for 12223 Out the door. I am thinking of jumping on this. Any advice?