Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Focus Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I would agree that the Civic gets better gas mileage and has a higher re-sale value but keep in mind that the Civic will cost quite a bit more than the Focus. I would recommend looking at the Corolla or Elantra as well, the Corolla is due for a re-design next year and prices are starting to go down and the Elantra has a nice warranty and the 06 models are being discounted since the 07's have been re-designed.
  • I definitely am not getting 30 MPG in my Focus because it is just too much fun to drive it fast!

That, plus I do a lot of city driving (stop sign or light every block type of city driving) and here in NJ/PA we have E10 gas which does not get mileage as good as regular gas.

Basically it comes down to price - you will probably pay a few thousand more for a Honda but will also probably get it back when you trade it in.
  • Hey, we are looking at buying a Focus, and have a couple questions...
    do you guys know if it is possible to get the $500 rebate through AQHA in addition to A Plan?

Also, is A plan the best price, or do you think it's worthwhile to try negotiating?

Being it's close to the holidays, do you think the #2500 rebate will go up? I know it went to 3500 over Labor Day, that's why I am wondering if we should wait or just go ahead an buy it.
  • Hi,
    I just spoke to a dealer who offered me the following:
    2007 Ford Focus SE + Convenience Package + Safety Package + Auto Transmission
    MSRP = 17,055
    "Invoice" = 16142
    2500 Customer Incentive + 500 FMCC Cash + 500 FMCC First Time Buyer Downpayment Match

Final price = (16,142 - 3,500) = 12,642 + Tax, Doc

Is this the best I can expect to do, or have people been able to get better pricing than this?
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,458
    you should be able to do better. at least make a counter offer, or get a price from another dealer.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    I've seen the Focus go from 4000-6500 off MSRP. They depreciate like hell. A 17000 MSRP model barely wholesales for 10000 after year 1 if that.

The 6500 off would be year end (july-sept) sales. You would have to get numerous bids toward the end of the month and work to get it.

For a plain jane 4dr se and not to picky on colors/options I would want at least $5000 off.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf
  • I have a trade in worth 10,000. How long of the back and forth would I have to put up with before I got $5000 off?
  • I have a trade in value of 10,000 (I owe nothing on it). How long of the back and forth will I have to put up with before I could expect to get an offer of $5,000 of MSRP?
    Get the fightingchance.com package
    Read "Don't get taken every time" by remar Sutton (library or Amazon)

Nuff said. Informed for life

(I've seen yet again another ad for $6000 off a Focus on motoralley.com, and browsed just a few)

--jjf
  • chetjchetj Posts: 324
    i just bought a 07 basic focus for a whopping 9300$....msrp 14,075...my wife is a filipino so the price went from 98 to 9300$...first time buyer w/ 13 percent interest...for 2 years, but will pay off sooner...it is a good car with a lot of headroom and i would recommend it to anyone...5000 miles so far and no problems...my new american cars have always run good...dont see why i should pay 2 or 3 k more for honda or toyota...fords and chevys would depreciate faster but not a issue if your the type to keep car for awhile...japanese companies need our business a lot less than big 3 do anyway, why not throw them a bone..or at least consider buying a car assembled here or w/ a high content of domestic and or north american parts
  • kevink67kevink67 Posts: 1
    I just got offered $11,424 for a Zx3 SE manual trans with Conv Group, Saftey Pack and Sport group. Thats about $5500 below MSRP, how good of a deal is this? I may be able to get it for less with the new buyer rebate too putting it about $6k below MSRP. I think this is the best I've seen, what do you think?
    Read my message 121 130 133. Even a High end focus ($19000) is barely a 11000 vehicle wholesale after a year so you are definitely in the ballpark. The best i've ever seen advertised was 7200 off a zx4, and that may have been a teaser.

--jjf
  • I paid just over 14k for my 2007 Focus ST. Price was slightly under invoice plus a $2500 instant rebate.

Options were CD changer and Perimeter alarm.
  • duck68137duck68137 Posts: 7
    No... I have tried. You cannot get the AQHA or the recent college grad rebates in addition to the A Plan.

However, I was able to talk the dealer into an additional $500 off because they get money back from FORD on the A Plan.
  • tmporttmport Posts: 19
    Here's the car I'm considering. I'm curious what people think a good price would be:

2007 Focus ZX5 SE
    Automatic
    Safety Package
    Convenience Group
    Sport Group
    Interior Upgrade Package
    6-Disc CD Player
    Perimeter Alarm
    Chrome Exhaust Tips

MSRP: $19,210

What do you think is a good price for this car? Thanks!
    The car you are looking at probably wholesales used in 1year for about 11000 with 15000 miles on it. A good price would be 12500-13ish. Check it out on nada.com or kbb.com You want about 6000-6500 off MSRP.

--jjf

2007 Focus ZX5 SE
    Automatic
    Safety Package pr
    Convenience Group
    Sport Group
    Interior Upgrade Package
    6-Disc CD Player
    Perimeter Alarm
    Chrome Exhaust Tips

MSRP: $19,210

What do you think is a good price for this car? Thanks!
  • danielj6danielj6 Posts: 285
    In September '06 I bought a ZX5 SE Focus for my son at a dealership located close to St. Louis, Missouri.

With safety ABS and (side air bags) and convenience packages minus the $2500 cash back was $14700. My kid overpaid $285, according to Edmund's TMV. He also got a two year extended warranty + tax, registration and plates the OTD was $15800.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,458
    there are no 'tips'. there is only a tip(single exhaust).
  • 76scirocco76scirocco Posts: 1
    Was told by Future Ford of Clovis that $12,031 before tax and license was the best they could do. I said no deal. I was pushing for 10K. It was a 2007 3 door, manual transmission, really only option was AC.
  • las_03las_03 Posts: 1
    Any thoughts on what to offer in the Houston area? I've seen a couple of places advertise 5,000 to 5,500 off which includes the 2,500 rebate. How far can one push it?

1. 4 door SES, options are: automatic, leather bucket seats, and safety package (ABS and side airbags) MSRP 18,035

2. SES wagon, options are: automatic, safety package, 6 disc CD player MSRP 19,575

Thanks for any advice.