Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300: Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• Does the emblem on the E&G grill come off or do you glue the chrysler emblem to it? Also what is the best kind of adhesive to use.Any help would be appreciated.
  • varobvarob Posts: 15
    My E&G grill came with a packet of peel-and-stick E&G emblems. I went with the peel-and-stick Chrysler emblem ($49.00) and spent a lot of time measuring before I put it on. You only get one shot at applying the emblem.
    The dealer I saw after I lost mine looked at me like I was trying to steal something from him. The replacement and painting/installation was below my insurance deductible so I just paid to have the work done. I took it to an independent body shop, though, since the Chrysler dealer isn't getting any more money from me.
  • My grill was dealer installed,no packet.I'll have to try and peel the e&g emblem off and put on the factory emblem on.Thanks.
  • 581955581955 Posts: 18
    I picked up my 300C in May, 05. Since then I have done the following. Added Chrome tail light trim as well chrome fender lip molding,pillar post,rocker panels,rear deck lid,license plate bezel, E.G Classic Euro-Style grill,lower grill mesh inserts,sun-roof wind deflector,a rear spoiler from Sport-Wings,and MkW-33 custom 18" chrome rims. For the inside I have a 39 piece wood grain dash kit that also covers steering wheel and door inserts.(real sharp) Finally for performance I have the Borla Cat-Back system and a Volant cold air in-take. I love my car, but am I happy? No! I'm desperately looking for a chip that will tune for better gas mileage. I don't need more hp, what I have sometimes scares even me. When the car was stock I got 26.7mpg @65mph with changes, I get about 19.7mpg at that speed and I get 23.8 @80mph. Go figure. Anyone with a suggestion other than removing performance equipment? I want my cake and eat it too. Thanks to any one with a answer.
  • I would be interested in hearing from any one who's done this type of conversion - especially by Newport Conversion in Southern California. I'm considering do it and would like endorsements or problems encountered.
  • I notice you said you "traded" out of the stock wheels.I am buying a 300c and want to go with 20"'s.Will dealer or tire dealer trade on bran new wheels?What kind of wheels and tires did you get?Are you happy with your choice?Thanks
  • virgo2virgo2 Posts: 6
    Still haven't found the narrow bolding molding but found the bumper cap. You can find on ebay. Good price and good products.
    Bought a 2006 midnight blue 300 in Nov 2005 and made alot of modication as well: Bentley grill with Chrysler emblem included, 22" Panther chrome wheels, replaced the Integrity tires with Goodyear Assurance, bumper trim front and back, spoiler lip, chrome pillars, stainless steel upper window trim, and Sherwood mahogany dash trim. I removed the 300 logo on the back. Looking sweet. Soon, I will add vent grills to match grill and chrome side molding.
    Started experiencing a problem with starting my 2006 300. I have to turn the key all the way to the right, hold it for about 2 seconds before the car starts. Dealership had the car for 2 days trying to find the root of the problem. They were unable to determine the cause. They told me that they tried other 300s in the shop and they had the same issue. Dealership does not know why it does it. They called a "Chrsyler Engineer". Chrysler is aware of this problem and has no fix. :mad: This does not occur when the car is cold and did not occur when I bought it. I have had the car for 6 months, 11,000 miles. Would like to hear if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.
  • neighbo1neighbo1 Posts: 1
    Does anyone know who manufactures good "Billet Grilles" that are bolt on?
    Just Google Chrysler grills and you'll get hundreds of hits. I got my mesh grill from E&G. Looks great. There are many sources for the Billet grill as well.
  • dlm03odlm03o Posts: 1
    Try www.shopsar.com search for 300c. :)
  • stevenwstevenw Posts: 18
    Man, that looks SWEET!
  • Does anyone know of a way to hack out the warning screen that appears on the navigation screen every time you start the car? You have to push enter and then cancel every single time in order for it to display the road map. Annoying to say the least.
  • birdiebirdie Posts: 4
    Hello, anyone out there have been able to get the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 installed in their 300? I have a limited edition 2005 and looking into this new toy, but all the sites I've looked at show that this unit doesn't fit the car. I'm hoping that someone out there has been able to find a solution/modification to make it work and look great.

Additionally, do people recommend the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 vs the Eclipse?

thanks in advance.
  • I currently have a 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 front fascia, just pulled from a car delivered to our lot. It has a couple small scuff marks on the underside of the lower lip from the transport. Aside from these small scuffs, this fascia is like brand new! It is the Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat finish, and will fit the late model Chrysler 300 Touring, 300C, 300C Hemi, and 300C SRT8 models. Does not come with any of the trim, lamps, grills, etc. It is JUST the fascia. Downside to this, I'm not big into shipping - so if anyone is near KS that is willing to meet part way, please notify me, JHSanny@gmail.com! $300/OBO!
  • I am interested in installing a new radio in my 300 touring but my problem is I want a head unit that looks like it belongs. I am looking for a unit that will fit in the stocked housing that will give me a good sound and supports a 1200 watt amp and 12" speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know the sale kits but the units that I found will fit are small so I want maybe 1.5 din.
  • mike23bmike23b Posts: 5
    I'M LOOKING FOR THE FUSES BOX IN 300M MY SPEAKERS IN THE DOOR ARE NOT WORKING COULD IT BE A FUSE I PULL THE SPEAKERS OUT AND THERE ARE CONNECTED ALL OTHER SPEAKERS WORKING FINE JUST THE TWO IN THE FRONT DOOR ARE NOT WORKING :confuse: :confuse:
  • prttyloprttylo Posts: 1
    I just changed the fuse for the cd player and now it wont play cds. The radio still comes on but when i press mode it wont go to my cds, i cant even get them out of the deck. Is there a code i need to put in or a series of buttons i need to press. Help me please, the radio stations here sucks. Thanks.
  • jloiaconojloiacono Posts: 12
    JUST MADE A ROUND TRIP FROM N.Y. TO FLA. RUNNING FROM 75 TO 125--GOT BETWEEN 21 AND 25 MPG. I LOCKED THE CR/CONTROL AT 70--THE COMPUTER SAID 26.2 MPG. USED 89 OCT. GAS. I LOVE THIS CAR. AT 125 STILL HAD MORE TO GO.
    I USED THE MOPAR COLD AIR PKG. WOW---WHAT A DIFFERENCE.THE WHOLE KIT WAS $225.IT LOOKS AND SOUNDS GREAT. BETTER GAS MILEAGE TOO.
    I BOUGHT THE "MOPAR" COLD AIR KIT. IT TOOK ME ABOUT 1/2 HOUR TO INSTALL IT. LOOKS GREAT--SOUNDS GREAT--ABOUT 25 MILES MORE FROM A TANK FULL.
    I DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS A FRONT ONE AVAILABLE. I HAVE THE REAR---WORKS GREAT. IF YOU CAN GET ONE FOR THE FRONT---POST IT---I WOULD LIKE TO GET IT FOR MY WIFE.
    THANKS
    MY LOCAL DEALER HAS THE CAT-BACK IN STOCK. IT IS MADE BY BORLA. $1,099---THE MAGNAFLOW IS ONLY $800. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS.
  • Anyone have comments on adjusting passenger headrest forward and back? The passenger headrest seems tilted too far forward, is there a way to adjust it back an inch or two?
  • I need used or cheap accessories for my 300. Here is a list of what i need. Does anyone know where i can get these from, and at a great price?

ALUMINUM LIQUID BODY MOLDING-
    STAINLESS STEEL FENDER TRIM STAINLESS- STEEL PILLAR POSTS-
    Chrome Front Bumper Trim -
  • xtecxtec Posts: 354
    You can try autotrucktoys.com,or mopar.com and find what you want.As far as used or cheap,its hard to find what you want cheap.Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Chrysler 300: Accessories & Modifications - Page 10 - Car Forums at Edmunds.com