Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Capable, But Is it Cute? - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2016 in Jeep
Capable, But Is it Cute? - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk shouldn't be judged on its looks alone.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    First, I didn't realize it was about the same length as a Jeep Grand Cherokee. For some reason, it just appears smaller. Second, I'd say the JGC is still probably more capable off-road than the Renegade. Isn't the Renegade's low-range all electronic, not a true low-range gear?
  • Options
    nomercy346nomercy346 Member Posts: 69
    is the renegade parked closer to the camera or are WJs really that small?
  • Options
    notfastnotfast Member Posts: 93
    A whole new generation of buyers will be suckered in by an attractive Chrysler product only to suffer from its low quality.
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    For the record... @notfast is NOT an alias that I'm using. Any views expressed by @notfast , while I am in total agreement with regarding poor quality of Chrysler/Cerebus/FCA/whoever owns them this week products, I have in no way induced him/her to post. (psst.... @notfast , feel free to trash talk PT Cruisers).
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    that's a very telling pic. it seems like it should be an optical illusion but i'm not sure it is. vehicles have just gotten so big.
  • Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Those Renegades are ridiculously ugly. There's not a good line on the beast, and it should be put out of it's misery sooner than later. Ewww.
  • Options
    bonzjrbonzjr Member Posts: 44
    Is there some photoshoppin' or trickery with camera angles going on there? I had to go back and double check specs to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. That vintage of Grand Cherokee is supposedly about 15" longer and 2-3" taller than the new Renegade yet from that pic you'd think the opposite is true. Weird...
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    Nobody would get upset if the Grand Cherokee got 24 mpg highway.
  • Options
    notfastnotfast Member Posts: 93

For the record... @notfast is NOT an alias that I'm using. Any views expressed by @notfast , while I am in total agreement with regarding poor quality of Chrysler/Cerebus/FCA/whoever owns them this week products, I have in no way induced him/her to post. (psst.... @notfast , feel free to trash talk PT Cruisers).

LOL! Back when I was in my teens, I owned 2 Dodges and both were crap. That said, my wife's got a 2006 Jeep that's been mostly reliable... although the dealership service departments seem WAY interested in ripping us off...