Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Equinox Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rocketscirocketsci Posts: 2
    Did you get a base LS without option? So the price before all the rebates is 16700+2750=19450? If you did get the base version, that's $500 below invoice! Congrats to you!
  • meusemanmeuseman Posts: 18
    Bought a 06 FWD LT today with the Head Curtain and Roof Rails.

Paid 21,700 plus TTL. 0% for 72 months.

Couldn't be happier. And the 0% on the last day of the month means happy dealing!!
  • i bought the ls model with the extra alloy wheels for $17,300 plus TTL.
  • 19400 + TTL in CA
  • nyvanyva Posts: 9
    I just got a used 2005'Nox LT AWD with 34k miles on it for 13,200 from a dealer in VA. No leather or sunroof but all the rest. Dealer was asking for 15k. I don't know what the specific color is but some say it is blue and some say it is purple. Bought if for the wife so she would stop beating up my other vehicles and she absolutely loves it.
  • grosloupgrosloup Posts: 239
    Congratulations! I'm sure your Nox will bring you lots of joy. Mine is a 2005 LT as well but FWD and the color is the same "blue". The real name of that color is "Laser Blue" and yes sometimes it's blue and it appears to change to purple, depending on the light or sun direction. It's realy weird.
  • nyvanyva Posts: 9
    I actually drove it to work this morning. Wifey was mad at me for taking it but while it is new (to us)I wanted a chance to play with it, too!
  • I am a little confused. You get a 3 year / 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty with a new equinox. The CD player should be replaced if they can't fix it and the only reason they won't, is if you created the problem by the customer. If it is a manufacturer defect, they will replace it.
  • We picked up a 2007 Equinox- ISb package. After we signed all the papers etc, we did the walk around and noticed some issues. There was light scuffing marks on the hood. The arm rest on the driver side was dirty. Worse of all a scratch on the tailgate. Didn't seem to have a choice but to take delivery with promises to deal with the issues.

The hood scuffs and the driver door came out ok. The scratch on the tailgate won't buff it. Its beneath the clear coat (you can feel the divot with your fingernail). They touched it up and buffed it, but you can see the scratch still and feel it as well. Its about an inch long, with one side deeper than the other

They've offered to paint the tailgate for us. Not sure I want to do that- given that the paint shop job will not be as durable as the factory paint.

What would you do? If you don't think we should have it painted, should we expect some kind of "compensation".
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,092
    I wouldn't paint the tailgate for a 1" scratch..

Maybe they would throw in an oil change? Not sure you'll get any compensation if you've taken delivery.. They have already offered to paint the tailgate.. which is probably all they can do..

You'll have a door ding within a month and forget all about it, I'm guessing... ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING? YOU HAD A CHANCE TO LOOK OVER THE VEHICLE BEFORE YOU BOUGHT IT NOW YOU WANT TO BLAME THE DEALER... HAVE THEM PAINT IT AND FORGET IT YOU MADE THE MISTAKE OF NOT LOOKING AT IT...
  • I purchased a 07 Equinox from Al Hendrickson Toyota Coconut Creek with 12600 on the dash, 3 days after I got home and started looking over the finance contracts etc I see that during one of there many opps I forgot to do this that’s reprint the contracts and re-sign them they slipped in 3 separate fees for stuff we did not want IE a "footprints" package a "intire" package and 1900 worth of add ons that aren't even usable because it was covered under one of the other many add ons they put in. Its a shame on me but also a shame on the finance guy for being such a sneak SOB. We called and asked what they were and they couldn’t even give us a strait answer. So Last week I had to take the car in for service the engine light came on, I have a B2B platinum warrantee supposed to cover everything top to bottom, well the service guy said that because it was a used vehicle when we purchased it that they cant honor the warrantee we just paid 4grand for. and that the issue was cause by basically bad driving. Mind you I have only had the car for less than 500 miles.. Id say stay clear of Al Hendrickson Toyota, seems that they will do about anything to make there buck and customer service isn’t a strong point. Needless to Id never buy another car from them this being my 2nd from them and I surely wouldn’t recommend them to anyone. :cry: :mad:
  • bxdbxd Posts: 186
    Anyone here cross-shop the Equinox versus the VUE? What did you find? Seems to me that the 8" greater length of the 'Nox isn't translated into 8" more space inside?? I think overall we like the 'Nox better but are debating if its worth a couple extra grand.

Thoughts?? Thanks!!
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Saturn is priced with a no dicker sticker with a limited
    # of dealers in an area to prevent competition. The equinox is sold by the 3500 chevy dealers in the country. (Honda has 1000 Saturn 700).

Equinox regularly sells for $3500-4500 off MSRP (rebates, hidden dealer cash, etc.) I don't think the Vue gets reviewed with flying colors, although I like its styling. GM may have a better deal with the 100000 warranty.

--jjf

Anyone here cross-shop the Equinox versus the VUE? What did you find? Seems to me that the 8" greater length of the 'Nox isn't translated into 8" more space inside?? I think overall we like the 'Nox better but are debating if its worth a couple extra grand.

Thoughts?? Thanks!!
  • meflowermeflower Posts: 5
    $21217 + tax fees= $23375
    Is this a reasonable price? anybody help? I am down in CA.
    Check on my message previous to yours. Also go to kelly blue book (kbb.com) and nada.com, edmunds.com (appraise a used vehicle) and look up a used 06 equinox like yours with 15000 miles. Average the two lowest wholesale prices together and add 15-20%. That should be a good price target range for your new 07 vehicle (with dealership fees but not licence and tax) and jive pretty well with $3500 -4500 off MSRP.

--jjf

$21217 + tax fees= $23375
    Is this a reasonable price? anybody help? I am down in CA.
  • wildemomwildemom Posts: 1
    I bought a 2007 Equinox and went to pick it up today @ the dealership and was told that they could not release it per a fax by chevy. They could not tell me what the issue was only that all Equinox's manufactured @ the same time as the one I was picking up were on hold and could not be released. Does anyone have more information?
    thanks
  • wpayne1wpayne1 Posts: 1
    When you say persuade for the loyalty rebate, how did you talk em into it? I bought a new truck the other day and the dealer told me i qualified but then when i took out cash to pay rather than financing he seemed to have forgotten that he promised me the loyalty rebate. Any suggestions?
  • sdmiggssdmiggs Posts: 8
    I AM IN SAN DIEGO. QUOTED $17,988. WITH TTL THATS $19,697. BUT I HAVE $1,037 IN GM CREDIT CARD EARNING THAT CAN BE DEDUCTED FROM THIS PRICE. SO OUT THE DOOR PRICE IS $18,660. ALSO, CHEVY IS THROWING IN TWO 4 DAY CRUISE TICKETS FREE VALUED AT ABOUT $1,000. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED. I FEEL LIKE ITS A GOOD PRICE. I FEEL LIKE I CAN MAYBE SQUEEZE THEM FOR A COUPLE OF BUCKS MORE...
  • xflynnxxflynnx Posts: 3
    i picked up a 07 ls yesterday, 33 miles, top tier credit finaced at 5 yr 5.99, 17500, otd 18815. happy shopping.
    THAT IS REALLY GOOD. NOT SURE WHERE YOU LIVE. I AM IN SAN DIEGO WHERE NOTHING IS CHEAP. I JUST BOUGHT MY LS 07 NOX TODAY. I THINK I DID ALRIGHT. I PAID $17,988 PLUS THE TAX, LICENSE AND TAGS. ALSO, GOT AN ADDITONAL $1,000 OFF DUE TO MY GM CREDIT CARD EARNINGS. THEN CHEVY THREW IN A FREE 4 DAY CRUISE ON CARNIVAL (2 TICKETS) AND SIDE STEP RAILS FOR FREE. OUT THE DOOR WAS $18,712. WILL FINANCE WITH MY BANK AT 6% OR 6.25% FOR 60 MONTHS.
  • xflynnxxflynnx Posts: 3
    yea, w/ the cruise and step rails, i'd say you did better than i.

my deal was done via the telephone here in dallas, this particular deal had a coupon in the paper for a 07 ls for 16500 the previous week, i went in to see and it sold the night before, talking to them they said another ad would run this past weekend, i woke up bright and early and scurried to the 7/11 for the paper and found the 16500 price through a different dealer, called them up and that nox was a white demo w/ 5000 miles on it, told them no, and then the phone rings and a 3rd dealer was telling me he could get me in a new one, black for 17500, i the original dealer and told him the deal that was offered but i didn't like the interior color, they then offered by choice of exterior and interior color at the 17500. top tier credit, got me out the door on a 5 yr note at 5.99, out the door was 18815. i feel like i missed out though now, i could use a cruise, lol, happy shopping.
    Its funny, I think you did better. The reason is because you basically paid the same price as me and you didn't have a decuction of a GM credit card of over $1,000. Bottom line is I think we both did well. Invoice price here in San Diego is around $21, 000. Just hope the NOX is a solid vehicle for myself, wife, and two little ones. Good luck and thanks for you help.

Mike
  • What is hidden dealer cash and how do we find out what it is?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi oldfashioned. I don't believe that General Motors is providing any dealer cash on the 2008 Chevrolet Equinox right now. It is currently offering 3.9%-6.9% special financing plus $1,000 bonus cash or $2,500 total customer cash on this model. If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would offer a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Brought my G6 in for service today and wandered into the Chevy showroom. The lease is up on my G6 in nine months and was curious as to whether I could get out of it a bit early for an Equinox (baby on the way in Dec). Was told that GM will pick up 2 payments and will give me $2000 rebate on top of whatever incentives were avavilable if I were to do a finance on a new vehicle. That would wipe out my remaining payments and leave around $500 left over. Asked for a basic LS FWD which they had one of. Sticker was around 23,500. I asked what they were going to charge me for the car and the salesman said 23,000 "which is $400 above invoice". I didn't argue as i wasn't dying to buy right then. Figured the 3.9% financing + 750 cash back or rebate would be the best incentive for me and he shot me a payment of $398.00 for 60 months.

Went to another Chevy dealer down the road and that was a waste of time. i knew more about the car and incentives than he did. I see people on here purchasing an equinox at around 19k out the door. Is this realistic?

thanks
    A 24000 07 EQUINOX barely has a trade in value used of 14000 with about 18000 miles on it. This is what your new 08 equinox will be worth in 12 months if your are lucky. Even 7500 off msrp (cash off or favorable financing) is not exactly giving it away.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • grosloupgrosloup Posts: 239
    Did you purchase a "extended warranty" when you bought your vehicule. Is it realy worth it or it's more like a last minute gamble?

I don't know what to do.
  • I got my 08 in may of 09 its an ls for 16999. with mats!!!! is that good? :shades:
  • vj33vj33 Posts: 7
    Anyone buy a 2010 Yet?