Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Biodiesel vehicles

12345679»

Comments

• meyervillameyervilla Posts: 40
    Honda sells a wonderful diesel engine throughout the world EXCEPT in the US and they have no plans to sell it here. Looks like we're locked into our gasolene fueled vehicles, lack of public transportation and dependence on middle eastern oil. There's no way out! We're screwed!
  • drewbadrewba Posts: 154
    Honda is planning on selling diesel models in the US starting as soon as next year:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=121060
  • toyolla2toyolla2 Posts: 158
    The move toward diesels by Honda is seen as a very significant step that may ultimately rewrite the book on diesels, since Honda is widely viewed as a leader in powertrain engineering.

"a leader" ? Er..... come again. Didn't Honda just have its hiny whipped with the IMA hybrids ? And now they are off with their tail between their legs to mess with diesels.

NEW RULE : Honda must be banned from rewriting any more books particularly on Diesels which are working just fine the way they are now thank you very much.

T2
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,689
    I'm not a big Honda fan myself. I do applaud the 2.2L diesel they are selling in the EU. They are outselling Toyota as a result of that switch to diesel in the EU. You are right they are way back in the pack of diesel makers.
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,689
    Good reading for those interested in biodiesel as an alternative energy source.

While a number of bio-feedstock are currently being experimented for biodiesel (and ethanol ) production, algae have emerged as one of the most promising sources especially for biodiesel production, for two main reasons (1) The yields of oil from algae are orders of magnitude higher than those for traditional oilseeds, and (2) Algae can grow in places away from the farmlands & forests, thus minimising the damages caused to the eco- and food chain systems. There is a third interesting reason as well: Algae can be grown in sewages and next to power-plant smokestacks where they digest the pollutants and give us oil!

http://www.oilgae.com/
This discussion has been closed.