Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S40 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    Reminder...

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• donthegreekdonthegreek Posts: 126
    OK....new 06 S40 2.4i sticker is $29,498 how much should i try to get the dealer to knock off sticker? I'm in North central Pa!
    When do the 07's start arriving on the lots, might be able to do better when the 07's start shipping...

don
  • I'm new to haggling, how'd you get all the way down there!? Did you make the offer, etc?
  • cleve2cleve2 Posts: 4
    There was very little haggling.

We found that every dealer was offering a different Volvo incentive. One dealership was $4K off, then another at$5K off. We left the $5K dealership to discuss further and they called us the next morning and said the incentives just changed and now the car was $6K off (6/7/06). But, they wanted me to roll over $2K on my trade so we shopped the same price via email to the internet manager at another dealership. He responded quickly and made the deal without seeing the trade or us.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • _elle__elle_ Posts: 6
    I just bought my brand new 2006 s40 2.4i with a 5-speed manual tranny on Memorial Day. Got a great deal on it, $19,989, at Dick Dyer Mercedes-Benz/Volvo in Columbia, South Carolina. The salespeople were very friendly and so far, I've been very pleased with my purchase. When I was shopping around for the best price, my dad called up a dealership in Georgia where he had purchased 2 Volvos in the past and the best they could offer him was $22,000.
    Since Memorial Day, my little Swede has made it through the daily commute and a 1,000 mile road trip with no problems!
    :)
    _elle_ what was sticker????

I'm looking at a S40, sticker is $29.498...besides the $3,000 rebate, how much more can i expect to have the dealer knock off???

don
  • _elle__elle_ Posts: 6
    Don,

Mine was an absolute base model and the sticker was $24,450.00. So I'm not sure how much you could get your dealer to take off the S40 you are wanting to buy. Have you checked the TMV of the S40 you are looking at on edmunds.com?

Hope this helps!
    elle
    Thanks elle,
    Been looking around, i'm seeing $4800 off right now which sounds pretty good, going to wait till late july, and see if it gets any better. :)
  • marksnarkmarksnark Posts: 2
    Any feedback on buying a New 2005 VS New 2006? Any problems with a 2005 that it should be avoided?

Bellingham WA area dealer has a New (125 miles) 2005 S40 T5 AWD as follows-
    Audio package-S
    Climate Package
    Convenience Package
    Bi-Xenon Headlights
    Power Glass Sunroof
    Automatic T-tec upholstery - not leather

It is passion red with Quartz beige interior.

MSRP=$33,745
    Dealer Invoice $31,574

Dealer is Asking for $27,950. Have not had any further negotiating.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Marksnark...lousy deal in my opinion....

darcars in Rockville,md are knocking $5,230.00 off all their new 06 S40's regardless of sticker. Your deal is only $500 more for an 05!! not good enough in my opinion.

In my opinion, an 05 should be several thousand dollars more off.
  • suspendmixsuspendmix Posts: 42
    Hi there! Can anyone post prices paid for S40s in the SF bay area? I'm looking for an 06 s40 2.4i..maybe barrents blue or black...not sure if i want leather and/or auto...and if you have dealers you can refer me to, that would be great to. Thanks again!
  • cleve2cleve2 Posts: 4
    I highly recommend Fremont Volvo and their internet sales rep (see previous post on June 9th). A friend just bought an '06 S40 a few days ago from San Leandro, but they were not willing to offer as great a discount as Fremont or Pleasanton.
  • Did I just miss a huge incentive break in June? All of you guys are saying 4500-5500 off MSRP. Are deals like these still available. Please get back to me, need to decide on a car by the end of the week and getting a deal like those described above would put me in an S40, otherwise not.
    The 07's are already arriving on the lots..their going to have to knock off $4500-$5500 to move out the 06's!!

don
  • suspendmixsuspendmix Posts: 42
    Ya, I've done some calling around and it looks to be about $5000 off of MSRP right now....base models for 2.4i manual in non-metallics can easily be had for 19500 in the SF bay area....anybody find anything cheaper? i'm tempted to pick it up since i've already got financing in place but I really just want a base model with a metallic color but those seem rare...
  • stanwelksstanwelks Posts: 35
    I would like to go to a dealer with a price, though I am not sure how to figure out how to price these. There are many options listed on the Edmunds site, and I am not sure which of these features can be realistically selected?

My only requirements:
    - Automatic
    - navigation
    - the leather interior

Is it possible to get one with just these options? If not, if I get these options, what other options are likely to come with it?

Thanks!
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    Thats a VERY tough car.
    I would be really surprised if you found one.
    Nav is the issue.
    A leather car is typically going to have the Select pkg if it is a 2.4i or the Premium pkg if it is a T5.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    I really just want a base model with a metallic color but those seem rare...

Yup,
    Those cars were typically built in Black, Red or White.
    Why is NAV the issue? How is the NAV that comes with it? Is it user friendly?
    I would like to keep the price of the car to $25k or less before TTL. I selected the following options based on those I am interested in, and the ones I figured would likely come with the car, and it is now at $32k invoice!

000142 Volvo Navigation System
    TMP086 Geartronic 5-Speed Automatic Transmission
    MC589 Audio Package
    000438 Bi-Xenon Headlamps

Invoice $32,565

1.) Are the dealers selling these cars with these options below invoice, or are only the baseline cars being sold for these kinds of deals?

2.) Anyone have any advice for getting one of these for around $25k? Only necessity for me is really automatic. I could go for aftermarket nav, etc.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.