Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Hyundai Elantra

Comments

• nodulenodule Posts: 118
    Backy,

Has this 4MPG increase now been confirmed in print from
    Hyundai, or is this still just speculation??
    If so, where can I find this evidence in print?

Thanks!
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,805
    Are those EPA figures? I don't see the '07 Elantra on the EPA website.

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

• Thanks for the link. That's the first time I've seen this list.

Love the head, hip and shoulder room. Blows the competition away based off the hard numbers. Seems a tad bit short on rear legroom, though....but no biggie, still smack dab in the middle of the competition there.

Hopefully the real world mileage will be close to those figures.

If this car is as good in person and on the road as it appears on paper, hyundai may have itself a convert.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,784
    Don't know. If the 2007 Elantra is coming as early as October as some people have said, the EPA figures should be published very soon.
    Thanks Backy!

Interesting...I see Hyundai went down a speed rating on
    GLS tires to a T rated! So, it certainly looks like they
    will not be using the Michelin MXV4 plus tires after all!

Im anxious to see just what tire they will use...
    FWIW (not much!), I predict HMA will announce that electronic stability control will be standard on the Elantra and probably all Hyundais sold in the U.S. no later than the end of next year.

This would put Hyundai in a leadership position with respect to the proposed government regulation requiring all new cars to have ESC standard. They are in an excellent position to move quickly on this. All their vehicles sold in the U.S. already have stability control standard except for the Accent, the Tiburon (due to be replaced soon), and the Elantra. But we know the 2007 Elantra will have ESC in other markets, so it's easy to add to U.S. Elantras. Adding ESC to the new Tibby and the Accent would give them full coverage. ABS is already available on the old Tibby and on the Accent, so adding ESC should not be a big deal.
  • You're right.I swear I saw the limited sticker with a price of 15,995 on the window,but maybe I missed something.Still even at 18K plus,its a lot less than a Sonata Ltd,for basically very similiar equipment.
    I wonder if the compass and outside temp. features of the Sonata will be available.I considered the Sonata,but the MPG is too low with the 6 cyl.
    The sales person at my dealer tells me the 2007 Elantra
    will have the Kumho Solus KH16 tires...which would be
    wonderful improvement for the Michelins!
  • Why are they better?Have you managed some price quotes while you were there?
    My salesman told me they dont expect the Elantras any sooner than after Thanksgiving. :cry:
  • jprybajpryba Posts: 201
    Speaking of tires, let's hope the wheel shimmy isn't a problem with this Elantra redesign. I have 2 years left on my Sonata lease, so that'll give me some time to see if it's an issue or not -- and then I might get a new Elantra as a result!
  • Backy, I hope you're right. I'm really considering an Accent SE 3-Door or the new Elantra, but find myself leaning towards the Sonata since it has stability control, which I really want on my next car. Fingers crossed!
    I just read that Hyundai is making ESC standard on the Tiburon SE for 2007. So that makes the Accent the only model in Hyundai's lineup that doesn't have ESC either standard or available on some trim lines (in some countries anyway).

I guess if the feds have their way, all cars--including Hyundais--sold in the U.S. will have ESC in the not-too-distant future. I'd just like to see Hyundai be aggressive on this, since they are already very close to meeting the proposed regulation.
  • The Tiburon SE is a $21K+ car. For that price, it SHOULD come standard with stability control. Both the Mazda3Speed and GTI come standard with stability control, though both are FAR better cars then the ancient Tiburon.

The Accent getting stability control? LOL. Let me know when Hyundai makes ABS standard on this tin box first.
  • Uh, ABS was standard for the 2006 model year. But I guess enough people complained that A/C was still an option (at least it's available, unlike the Civic DX!) so now A/C is standard, but ABS is not.
  • Uh, remind me again what model year we are in now?

I was 15 pounds lighter in MY 2006, but that hardly seems relevant :)

Air conditioning: another premium feature for Hyundai.
  • mpgmanmpgman Posts: 723
    Hyundai was on the right track to marry a full package of safety features with a relatively low purchase price. They should stick to it. Options are cheaper to all if standard on every car. They also lead to insurance discounts. Does anyone know if the very useful trip computer that I have on my 01 Elantra GT will be available on the high end 07 Elantra?
    ABS is standard on the 2007 Elantra.

The SE and Limited will have a trip computer according to HMA's press release.
    Let me know when Hyundai makes ABS standard on this tin box first.

ABS is standard on the 2007 Accent SE. As noted, it was also standard on the 2006 GLS, but for 2007 ABS is part of the package with power windows/locks/mirrors on the GLS. So at least it's easy to get.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Uh, remind me again what model year we are in now?

It is 2006. Calendar and model.
  • Does anyone know if the very useful trip computer that I have on my 01 Elantra GT will be available on the high end 07 Elantra?

I don't have the trip computer, so maybe I'm missing something.... but what is so "very useful" about it? I keep track of my mileage in a spreadsheet; I'm not too sure what other benefits it provides (maybe a "miles to empty" reading?)
    but what is so "very useful" about it?

Its a toy, thats what makes a ok car a super car - the amount of toys it has.

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

• mpgmanmpgman Posts: 723
    Saves calculating miles per gallon for one. Gives you a sense of how lead or light footed you are driving while you are driving for another. Let's you keep a running mpg count over the life of the car or measure mpgs for each trip for a third. Supports my screen name for a fourth. :-)
    I find the computer very useful too. There is so much variation in gas pumps that's it's hard to get accurate mpg from measuring gallons at the pump. At one station I frequently use, it's hard to get within 1-2 gallons of full. At the other station I use frequently, I can fill right to the top if I want. Also, as you said the computer can help you drive for max fuel economy by resetting it and watching the numbers. The goal is to make the overall mpg go up or at worst stay steady over time. This gets harder to do of course as the miles add up.
  • Saves calculating miles per gallon for one.

But I do that anyway, since I keep track. I just write the mileage on the receipt and when I get home I enter the data in a spreadsheet that calculates mpg, cost per mile, etc.

Gives you a sense of how lead or light footed you are driving while you are driving for another.

Keeping the spreadsheet does the same thing.

Let's you keep a running mpg count over the life of the car or measure mpgs for each trip for a third.

The spreadsheet does that and keeps a permanent record so I can see trends over time, see the differences due to trips, etc.

Supports my screen name for a fourth.

Ah! Finally, a *good* use! :P
    Keeping the spreadsheet does the same thing.

Only if the spreadsheet can track your fuel economy instantaneously, while you are driving. If your spreadsheet can do that, I gotta get me one of those! :)
    Since I have a friend whose trip computer was once telling him he was getting almost 60 MPG and another whose trip computer was saying he had almost 70 miles till empty as he ran out of gas I take what a trip computer says with a grain of salt.

I do, however, trust my math skills.

Sorry your friend doesn't have a good trip computer as on the Elantra. I've verified the accuracy of mine in both fuel economy and MTE.
    How did you verify MTE? Did you run out of gas once? ;)

Again I will trust my math skills before the trip computer.

This discussion has been closed.