Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Hyundai Elantra

Comments

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,680
    May I ask which dealer?

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

• w9cww9cw Posts: 888
    Our local dealer (south on I-57 from Chicagoland to Champaign-Urbana) has between 12 and 20 Elantras in stock.
    I checked a few online inventories of Hyundai dealers around Chicago and they seem to have between 12 and 15 each.

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

• why would you guys even consider buying a 06 elantra just look at the differences:
    2007:
    and here is the old one 2006:
    Three things.

1.) get rid off all those big pillows, they just take up to much space.

2.) Get rid of the gated gear shift its just plain stupid.

3.) Make it available as a wagon.

• What are you talking about big pillows?
    Nope, look at the second picture will all those big pillows.

• I personally prefer the outgoing body style, especially the hatch version. I think it's a great looking car. I'm not so much a change for change's sake kind of guy. The outgoing Elantra is a nice balance of comfort, function, style and economy. I hope the incoming Elantras maintain that balance.

And yeah, I'm not crazy about gated shifters. Except that they are somehow considered "sporty", I'm not sure what the advantage of having one is.
    Yes the hatch is a sharp looking car. I am sure that the new Elantra will be maintaining that balance.

I have a second gen Elantra which I really like, my daughter has a third gen one which is a noticeable improvement. If they make this one as much nicer it will be a big hit.

• those are AIRBAGS my friend showing the safety features if the elantra gets in a accident not pillows lol
    NO! Really?

It was a joke you're suppose to laugh.

• backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,682
    Some advantages of the 2006 over the 2007 IMO:

* Hatch is available
    * GT is available
    * Has beefy side strips to ward off dings--2007 has nothing!
    * Has two adjustments for seat height--I've had some trouble with Hyundai's single-lever height adjuster in getting a comfortable position
    * Traction control available--not available on 2007
    * Price is lower--especially in first few months that the 2007 is available.

But the 2007 has advantages over the 2006 also--including those comfy "pillows" across the windows, standard ABS, better fuel economy, larger interior, 16" wheels on SE and Limited, and more upscale interior. Also probably better ride and handling, if Hyundai's press releases are accurate.
  • w9cww9cw Posts: 888
    Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Plus, I don't think I could buy a 2007 for $13,500 including TTL. And, I hate gated shifters.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,682
    Did you reply to the right post? I didn't say anything about looks.
  • why would you hate gated shifters there is no difference I personally like them better gives the car more style... looking at the 2006 elantra makes me want to throw up I wouldnt be CAUGHT driving in that ugly car... the 2007 is a different story alot more style the interior is alot better then the cheapy interior of the 06
    why would you hate gated shifters

Because they are stupid and annoying. On my car that has a good clean non gated shifter you just press the button on the side of the shifter and move it straight down to drive. Going from reverse to drive doesn't even require pushing the button.

Now with the gated shifter I have to move the shifter to the right then down then to the left then down again than to the left again then down again. Yes thats much better than moving it straight down.

• I like them better and you hardly have to put them they get annoying sometimes because I move it to fast.
    How are they more sportier? Having to make more moves is sportier?

• Yeah... if you like that kind of "sportier", get a manual shift!

Gated shifters are much more about style than they are about performance. Some shifters make sense to be gated- for instance, if there is a "manual shift" option (the car won't shift up or down until you move the shifter), then it makes sense to set up a gate to prevent a driver from inadvertantly moving the handle to that mode and forgetting to shift.

But what function do they serve on the Elantra??

Besides, if you want "sporty" on an AT shifter, you can do this on the current generation of Elantra:

But not on the new version. You can't get the leather boot on! :P
    Yeah... if you like that kind of "sportier", get a manual shift!

And the Lords people said AMEN!

This discussion has been closed.