Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Hyundai Elantra

Comments

• mononeomononeo Posts: 89
    This board really should be 2007 Elantra.

I like the current Elantra a lot, but in terms of design, I think that the Kia Spectra (SX and 5 variants) are much more appealing. Aesthetically, however, I feel that the quality is much more pervasive in the Hyundai Elantra. I am hoping for a design as modern as the Spectra's, with as much refinement as the new Sonata (proportionate to it being a pseudo-economy car, of course). It will be interesting to me how this car is to look. In an interview with Bob Cozmai somewhere, he said that all of the new Hyundai models have a "decidedly European" design flare to them...which yes, is something that nearly every car is called at some point, but gauging by current styling trends in the Euro scene and what I can gather from the new Sonata, Azera, Accent, and SantaFe spyshots I've seen online, the cars seem to hold true to his statement. One car I am really excited to see will be the new Optima, which I am (and boards of people on the net) 90% sure will debut at Frankfurt this year. Seeing the styling of the Optima, the Spectra, and the new Rio and comparing them to the new Sonata, Elantra (which hopefully will debut at this same time), and Accent, we will be able to see a better sight for where their differing directions of brand vision are going.

We really need to start getting some new spyshots for these cars...or at least some at all, especially considering that all of the previous ones were of the next Optima.
  • doohickiedoohickie Posts: 949
    I saw the same piece. But when I went into the dealer to look at the Elantra, the sales guy said a new Elantra was due out this fall, like November. He said to check back in October because they usually got briefed on the new models about a month before they arrived.

Like I said, I saw the same article you posted. I didn't have it with me, though, so I didn't push the issue. Was he perhaps thinking of the new Accent?
  • mononeomononeo Posts: 89
    If we remember the 24/7 plan that Hyundai still has underway, we aren't going to see the Elantra this fall.

The plan put the seven release models in the following order:
    1 Tucson
    2 Sonata
    3 Accent
    4 Azera
    5 Santa Fe
    6 Entourage (though it was not named yet at this point)
    7 Elantra

I would once again like to point out that we already have spy shots of the new Optima which is supposed to debut at Frankfurt, and that we don't have pictures of the new Elantra yet, and for it to debut without a marketing blitz would be highly unlikely. I would guess April as the launch date. It was called the 24/7 plan because it took 24 months...does anyone know what month the Tucson came out? Perhaps that will shed some light. Summer 2004?
  • smith20smith20 Posts: 256
    I'm pretty sure the Tucson was released late last summer (September I think), so maybe the new Elantra will be released in August or September next year if they're going to make it 24 months from start to finish. Saving the best for last . . . I hope! :)
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,628
    Yes, a new Elantra is due this fall--the '06 Elantra. But what the salesman considers "new" may not be an all-new design, which is what we expect for the '07 MY. I see ads from dealers all the time touting the "new XXX" model, and it's the same car as from the previous year (except maybe for some new colors and a new, higher price).

I don't put much stake in what car sales reps tell me about upcoming models. I went into a Hyundai dealer late this past winter and asked when they would be getting the all-new Sonata. The salesman looked at me blankly and said, "There isn't a new Sonata coming. The next new Hyundai will be the new Santa Fe next year." This was within a few weeks of the debut of the Sonata, and it was all over the press at that point. I then asked him if he knew anything about the new Accent and Azera, both of which had been announced for a fall '05 release. He hadn't heard about them.
  • doohickiedoohickie Posts: 949
    What you say makes sense. But I asked the guy if it was "all new and restyled" and he replied, "yep, a whole new car".
    Then maybe you could pump him for more info, e.g. ask him where he heard about this mystery car which Hyundai hasn't said anything about in public, displayed at any auto shows, and for which HMA's president has apparently lied and told the public it won't be out until 2006. Seems very strange, don't you think?
  • csandstecsandste Posts: 1,866
    Further proof of the general weakness of Hyundai dealers. They need to work on their weakest link-- of course lots of Japanese dealerships are also pretty lame.
  • carzzzcarzzz Posts: 282
    Does Tiburon being left out from the 24/7 plan?
    Tucson
    Sonata
    Accent
    Azera
    Santa Fe
    Entourage
    Elantra

Hmm... looks like it. But there's always the post-24/7 plan! After all, the current Tiburon was the last new design from Hyundai before the 24/7 plan started.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    The Tiburon might be redesigned after the 24/7 plan.
    Or maybe the Tiburon will be re-named the Echo! ;)
  • mike_belknapmike_belknap Posts: 378
    mononeo,
    You're absolutely right about the last series of spy shots being the new Optima. Here are the first confirmed images of the '07 Elantra (due out April/May of next year):

Photo1
    Photo2

Enjoy!

Mike
    Ohmygosh! The Taurus lives!! ;)
  • chris65amgchris65amg Posts: 372
    It looks a little nondescript. Kind of like a Corolla.
    Maybe like the Corolla sold overseas, but not like the Corolla sold in the US. It's hard to tell if this is the sedan or hatchback.
  • mike_belknapmike_belknap Posts: 378
    Well, according to some, the next Elantra hatch will resemble the E3 concept (said "E-cubed"). So more like the Mazda3 5-door or Ford Focus ZX5.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

Mike
    Or like the Spectra5? That would be too bad, IMO. The current Elantra is one of the few fastback-type 5-doors available. I suppose the cargo capacity would increase though.
  • jimbeaumijimbeaumi Posts: 620
    Someone please remind me how to post a pic on these threads. I have an undisguised Elantra 5-door pic that I am sure was from earlier in this same discussion.
    You just copy the URL of the picture--which must be on a Web site. There's some directions in the Help for Town Hall.

Anyone else notice that the latest picture is nothing like the pictures that have been spread around the Web, including Edmunds.com, purporting to be the '07 Elantra? So one thing is for sure--ONE of them is NOT the '07 Elantra.
This discussion has been closed.