Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nickl1nickl1 Posts: 2
    I am shopping for a 2006 Aero 20th Anniversary edition convertible (supposedly only 300 made). Are you finding any deals out there on these? One dealer is willing to give $3000 off on an automatic, another one $2750 off on a 6 speed stick. What is everyone else seeing compared to this?

I still have some reservations about the reliability of the car. I've owned 5 Saabs over the years (1970 - 1999) and absolutely loved driving all of them, but they were all also unreliable. Have the 2006's gotten any better (since they started assembling them in Austria), or should I go for the new Volvo C70 conertible?

Thanks!
  • allysonzallysonz Posts: 5
    How do you know they get a $2000 incentive? Do you know how long this will last. I am looking at purchasing a new SAAB probably in July or August. I dont want to miss the opportunity to negotiate well below invoice.
  • jim99000jim99000 Posts: 11
    allysonz,

Several different dealers have told me about the $2000 dealer cash and all have used it during my negotiations. It does not show up on most "incentive lists" such as the one Edmunds puts together, but it definitely exists.

This is money going from Saab to its dealers for each 9-3 sold, not from Saab to customers. Thus, you need to specifically ask the dealer to include it in the deal if you want to benefit from it.

When you negotiate, tell the dealers (you should talk to several different dealers) that you want the $2000 applied to reduce the purchase price. Most dealers will do so without much protestation.

There's no guarantee it will last beyond June but it probably will continue until the new model year begins in the early fall. On the flip side, it becomes harder with each passing week to find the exact car with the exact options you want.

By July or August, it might be more than $2000. That's why I haven't purchased yet - I'm hoping that Saab matches offers from some of its competitotrs (for example, Cadillac now offers $3500 in incentives for the CTS and Jaguar $3500 for the X-Type, making the 2.8L CTS slightly cheaper and the X-Type only slightly more expensive than the 9-3).
  • apm4apm4 Posts: 4
    I am new to this form and have a couple questions. I am planning the lease of a 2006 Saab 9-3 turbo. As of now I have 14 months left on a Saturn lease at 242.00 a month (smartbuy).

The dealer offered 8,750 for the car (the buyout is 10,500)for my Saturn. I also have a GM in the driveway discount of 1,000 dollars. Therefore the deal as of now for the Saab 9-3 stands at: 3,000 dollars down and 369.00 a month for 27 months, 12k/yr. This includes all fees/taxes and the release of my Saturn contract. The first question, is this a good deal?

The next and more important question is this 2,000 "hidden incentive" spoken about in the above posting. Is this offered in NY state and how should I go about gaining this incentive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • rapowitzrapowitz Posts: 12
    I'm shopping for a Saab 9-3 SC as well as some other comparable cars and have been told there is a $2,000 dealer incentive on this car (and other 9-3's I think). I understand this incentive to be strictly for Southeast dealerships though. I live in Georgia and have been offered it.
  • jim99000jim99000 Posts: 11
    The $2,000 is available in NJ (where I live) and thus probably NY, as well as probably the rest of the country.

I'm not that familiar with leasing so I don't know if it'll help with that. My guess is that it won't - Saab is offering a pretty good lease deal and for those who want to purchase the car instead, it's offering the $2,000.
  • hgershmanhgershman Posts: 15
    Thank you for the $2000 info! I'm currently in e-mail negotiations with dealer outside of NYC and, when I mentioned the $2K, he rolled right over! Wait till he hears I've got $500 loyalty AND early lease termination!! Thanks again!
    Wait a minute! Time out! What has $2K dealer cash got to do with whether I buy or lease?? Idea here is to lower the sale price regardless, no?
  • sarahapsarahap Posts: 10
    I'm in the market for an '03 off-lease 9-3 Linear. Have found 5 in my neighborhood, 2 on lot of up-scale imports dealer and 3 on Saab lot as CPO's. All have comparable mileage--22k-29k, all same options, all same asking price $17,950. When I price out the options on Edmunds TMV, the dealer price is $17,800 for dealer price, $20,200 for CPO. So, of course, I like the CPO better, though I'm not sure just what the buys me. That's my first question, I guess. What do I get with the CPO? I've only driven the ones on the other lot so far but found the ones at the Saab dealership on-line. And the next question, I'm not unhappy with the $17,950 asking price but it looks like, with several nearly identical cars on the block (literally, on this block), I'm in a position to get a better price. Except that I don't negotiate well. I'm a total sucker on the car lot. Please advise. And am I crazy to buy this car? :confuse:

Thank you, oh-wise-ones!
    Can someone give me residual value and finance charges for a 2006 Saab 9-3 for a 36 month lease w/12K miles in New York? I've been given 55% and 60% by two different dealers! Thanks. P.S. the $2K dealer cash is not good for lease program!
  • starbirdstarbird Posts: 36
    You get free servicing, free emergency service coverage up to 36,000, 3 years, then 4 year 50,000 warranty on parts as part of the standard package. A certified saab adds another 2 years 100,000 to the warranty. There are more details on saab's web site. I assume the cars you've been looking at have a moonroof and an automatic in the price range you're looking in.
  • dianacodianaco Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the cost of repairning a SAAB is more expensive than an americian car? I've been told it's much more expensive. Any advice on this car? :shades:
  • dmarianidmariani Posts: 3
    does anyone know if the $2000 cash incentive is still on?
  • mannyfreshmannyfresh Posts: 10
    Just bought new saab 9-3 with moonroof and premium package for 26,700 before taxes and after $500 rebate. Please let me know if i got a good deal?????? Have not taken delivery yet.
  • dhanleydhanley Posts: 1,531
    Repairs will typicaly be more expensive than an american car, but they may or may not be much more, as saab is owned by GM now.

Basically all cars cost a lot to repair nowadays. OTOH, my old '97 saab broke every 2-3 months.

dave
  • With my GM discount I'm getting a price of 27600 with taxes is this a good deal? Seems everyone else on here is getting 26,000

27600 dollars at 12,000/yr. The salemen said the price was set by GMAC. You can negotiate lease prices RIGHT?????
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    You should negotiate a lease price just as if you were purchasing the vehicle!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• angy168angy168 Posts: 18
    I am in the market looking to buy a Saab, so should I negotiate from invoice price minus the 2k incentive or from MSRP? Any help will appreciate.
  • dhanleydhanley Posts: 1,531
    Subtract the rebate from the invoice. The dealer will still make a little money from this, as there is a holdback. Negotiate UP from there, and not much! Go to a few dealers, let them know you're price shopping and ready to pull the trigger on a great deal.
  • angy168angy168 Posts: 18
    Thanks for the info. If the dealer doesn't have the color that I want and he needs to swap with another dealer from the port, does it mean the price won't go down much as compared to the one in the lot? Also, does anyone think GM will do another GM employee price this summer (like last summer)?