Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    is about Prices Paid & Buying Experiences of a Saab 9-3. If you would like to talk comparisons of which vehicle to purchase, please use the pulldown menus to locate discussions about the vehicles you are considering and asking your comparison questions there.

Thanks!
  • niikiiniikii Posts: 3
    for $27,750.
    Base (Manual Trans.)+ Paint+ Sunroof+ Heated Seats. at Parkfield Motors in Bergenfield, NJ.
    The buying experience was okay, no complaints.

The car is great!!
  • shmaltzshmaltz Posts: 1
    Hi:

Can anybody relate new lease experiences? I have always bought used in the past. I'd like to know about your experiences with negotiated prices, money factor, residual, etc.

Thanks,

Shmaltz
  • I got my 9-3 Aero this year for $37,890. It's Flame Red Metallic with a Parchment interior. I am purchasing it, but I think a lease would be good, too. I just loved the car so I boght it.
  • go8go8 Posts: 58
    Yesterday, I leased a new 9-3 linear premium package/heated seats/chili pepper red. The money factor is low (.00011). The residual for 36 months is 48% with 10k miles. The deal I got was invoice minus 1000 gm cash minus 2700 lease incentive. I think the total lease incentive was 3500 so dealer kept 800. I was pleased. Money factor and residual can't be negotiated. Mileage will impact residual. More miles lower residual. I also asked dealer to roll tax and bank fee into lease because I wanted to minimize up front cash. It seemed to make sense since interest rate was about 0.26%.

Hope this helps.

Go8
  • kscctsksccts Posts: 140
    How about telling us what your payment is instead of having us run the numbers ourselves? Thanks!
    $349.50 for 36mths. Includes 6% NJ sales tax and $695 bank fee. Let me know if you see better. Thanks.

Go8
  • jbaerjbaer Posts: 45
    I think that is a pretty good deal. I am actually looking to lease a 9-3 linear as well and was hoping to be in the $300 ballpark. Was it fairly easy to get them to go to invoice? I heard the lease cash incentive on the 9-3 linear was $2500 and $3000 on the 9-5. I like the chili red too...didn't think I would like it until I saw it. Enjoy your car !
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,594
    That is a great deal...

For those that need 15K/year, add on about $30/mo..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

The dealer pretty much started at invoice. He then took off 1000 GM cash and 2700 Saab incentive. There must be some hidden dealer benefits that I don't know about because if the forums are right he gave me everything and more.

Go8
    The saab dealer holdback is 2.2% of MSRP. So basically if they gave you EVERYTHING....the 1000 cash bonus and the entire lease cash incentive, the dealer is still making around $600 (29K x 2.2%). Which is fine by me. They have to make a living too. I just hope they continue the lease cash and cash bonus until May when I am planning on buying one. How do you like it so far? Is the stereo as bad as people say it is?
    Thanks for the info. Now I feel better. I didn't even notice the stereo. I guess I am getting too old.

Go8
    No problem. I think you got a great deal...I hope to do as well in May. As for the stereo I'm sure its fine. Anything will sound better then my 1994 Mazda protege ;-)
    Anyone hear what the March Madness deals look like for Saab? I saw GM was kicking off a new campaign giving $1000 for each car that has been on the dealer's lot since Oct '04. I didn't know if they offered any more rebates. Tough time to sell cars.

Go8
  • Saab has reportedly been offering $3000 for purchase for several months, plus an additional $1000 that ended yesterday. I was ready to put a downpayment on an Aero last night but the dealer told me to expect even better deals next week. Hope he's right or we may be getting a TL.
  • madmax252madmax252 Posts: 11
    Sounds like you got yourself an honest dealer. I bought my Arc (automatic trans, heated seats, sunroof, metallic paint) on the last week of December 2004. After taxes and the $3K rebate, the final OTD price came to $31,900. Funny to see how much the prices have gone down in the past few months. I should have waited a month or two for better deals but I just had to have it!
    Shoulda coulda woulda. You can't beat yourself up that prices changed after you bought your car. As long as your happy with what you got at the time you bought it, you did OK.

Go8
  • jq31jq31 Posts: 5
    Saab has an offer right now - $250/mo lease on the '05 linear. I thought I was going to walk in there, plop-down my $3K inception and sign on the line for $250 monthly payments. Am I being naiive? Do I need to crunch numbers and try to wrangle a better deal? I've never leased before . . .
    I saw that deal for 24 months. It also assumes an msrp of $27,570 (10k per year), which is pretty much a stripped down model that they probably have very few if any in stock. I would suggest contacting the dealer and finding their money factor and residual and crunch the numbers yourself. See how much you have to subtract from the msrp to get to the advertized lease expense. That will give you and idea of how much the dealer is making and if there is room to do better. Also, try running the numbers assuming a different msrp (auto/prem package/heated seats) and see what happens. When I did a deal Mar 9th the money factor was .00011 which is about 0.26%.

Good luck.

Go8
  • novice1novice1 Posts: 1
    Been on the fence for buying a new car for sometime (dislike my 4 cylinder Camry). Hate car payments and whole car buying experience. Anyway I live in SF Bay Area. Been offered the following. Is this a good deal? Has anyone else done better? Going back to dealer tomorrow. Deal good thru 3/31.

2005 Arc, Driver Package $29,995
    2005 Arc, No Drivers Package $28,500

0% Financing for 2 years.
    Was told that this was $4K of MSRP.
    Forgot to ask if this comes with sunroof.
  • madmax252madmax252 Posts: 11
    Novice1,

What else does that include: Heated seats? Xenons? Automatic or manual? You can compare with mine: automatic trans, sunroof, metallic paint, and heated seats for $30,000 before tax. It was about $500 over invoice for me. I purchased in late December 2004.

Also, that 0% financing is pretty good. How much is the interest rate after those 2 years? I'm doing 4.6% for 4 years on mine.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,594
    $4000 sounds like a lot.. But, Saab puts big incentives on their cars..

Check with Car_man on this board, and he can let you know the incentives available on your model..

Car_man, "Rebates, Incentives, APRs - Questions & Comments" #2714, 28 Mar 2005 7:38 pm

It doesn't sound like you know a lot about this car.. I'd want to know the exact MSRP and options... Your description sounds a little vague.. This is a large purchase.. make sure of what you are buying.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I missed the March Madness deal by one day. Purchased my new Linear on 2/28, but still got it for $3500 under invoice. I got an automatic, fully loaded with metalic paint, and added front fogs, and paid $26,445. I got the GM incentive deal through my employer, plus some other rebate on top of it. In all, I think it was a pretty good deal.
  • richjanrichjan Posts: 2
    shmaltz - So...What was the final price and your monthly payments and term of lease?

Thanks
  • richjanrichjan Posts: 2
    So...Purchase price was? And, is this the 9.3 convertible?
  • haakonhaakon Posts: 24
    What kind of lease deals are people getting on a 9-3 Linear or Arc w. auto & sunroof? I'm considering leasing one or the other -- any help would be appreciated!
  • jlan1jlan1 Posts: 10
    Hi Kirstie,

I have GM employee (GMS) authorization, and wanted to ask some questions about a deal I'm working on and add'l discounts/incentives. Can I post information about my employee price on these forums? (not the auth # of course!) Thanks
  • skinnydogskinnydog Posts: 20
    Check out the car leae forum. Do a search for Saab to see if the April Residual values and Money factors have been posted yet. Saab tends to have low (not good) residual values, but they have extremely low money factors on the 9-3s (Linear and Arc) at the present time and have total of 3K in dealer incentives and/or rebates. 4K off of MSRP should be easy on any leases for the 9-3.

On a lease you should first negotiate the purchase price. Without much problem you should be able to get $300 over invoice minus 3K as the purchase price ($2700 under invoice).
  • jlan1jlan1 Posts: 10
    What is the easiest way to find out the dealer invoice?
    You can look on either the edmunds or carpoint site. When I leased my 9-3 in March, the dealer started off by showing me his invoice. I am assuming it was his actual invoice. It was in line with what was shown on carpoint.

Good luck!

Go8
This discussion has been closed.