Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I'm posting to share that there is a Pepper Green/Parchment 08 9-3 SportCombi at the dealership in Austin with 3k miles, selling for $21,500 (including a $1,000 Saab loyalty discount for current owners). I know this because I almost bought it before settling on another SC loaner with a few more miles for $20k.

The cars were eligible for new car financing so I feel like I literally stole the farm on this deal. I went in looking for a used 06' and walked out a very happy guy.

Awesome car!
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    A lot of people refer to the 2006 2.0T model as the "Arc", as the Arc models of 2003-2005 had the same 2.0T 210 hp. engine, while the Linear had a smaller 2.0t (175 hp) engine... So the terms Arc and 2.0T can be used interchangeably.

I'd offer $18,500, see where they counter, and settle on $19K, before taxes. A lot of the '07s and '08s are going at fire sale prices too... It's a Saab.. the depreciation is going to be tremendous...
  • Is it a stick by any chance?
  • Hi -- Thinking about purchasing my first Saab, 2006 9-3 with 25k files plus 3 1/2 years left on bumper-to-bumper warrantee. They’re asking 19,900, which seems a bit higher than what I’ve seen on various sites for retail value. I have a 2003 GLS Passat wagon with 60k miles in good/fair condition (few scratches) that I’ll trade in. Trade in value is around 6k. If I try and bring down the Saab price, I’m afraid they’ll low-ball me on the trade in. Any ideas how best to transact this?
  • $19000 for Saab'06 is way too much, offer $12-13000.
    Here in Boston area you can buy brand new '08 9-3 for this money.
    Dealers are overloaded with '08 and struggle for sales.
    Local dealer offered me brand new base '08Saab 9-3 manual(sticker $28k) for $16495.
    Saab residual(36mon./12K) thruogh an independent bank is horrible - %40.
  • $16,495? Was that a demo vehicle, or brand new? Do you have the name of the dealer that's offering that model for that price? I live in Baltimore and would honestly consider flying up and driving back down for that deal.

I looked at a new 2008 2.0T (not a demo) a couple of weeks ago and with an MSRP of $35 and change, was offered $27,500. I'm hoping to get another $2-$3 at a minimum off for the car in the next month if it's not sold. Thinking that with the large inventory, they're going to have to start cutting prices to move them.

If you don't mind passing along the name of that dealer I would be interested in contacting them for another model that's automatic and has some other features. Thanks.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,196
    There is a saab dealer in downers grove,illinois [near chicago] that is part of Luxury Motors dot com that has cars listed for 10-12 off msrp. Check them out --- you can negotiate over the phone or online and go pick it up or have it shipped to you. There are several in the low to mid 20's. Brand new.
  • saablcpsaablcp Posts: 195
    No he did not offer you a new '08 for $16495. If it were true and you didn't by it immediately you would have to be an economic idiot.
  • saablcpsaablcp Posts: 195
    No he did not offer you a new '08 for $16495. If it were true and you didn't by it immediately you would have to be an economic idiot.
  • Update:
    OK I think I know where you got those prices from. I called Herb Chambers in Boston and asked about 4 9-3's that ranged from 13k-16.9k which was much lower than prices here in CT. He informed me that these were not Certified Pre-Owned and you would be left with only 2yrs warrantee or 50k miles. For CPO, the price can be about 3k more. The one I’m looking at has 3.5 years left and up to 100k miles (which I’ll never reach in that time). Hence, my 19.9 number is not that far off. That said, no one is buying cars so I may try and bring the price down to around 19ish. Stay tuned, the dealer is letting me bring the car home overnight.
  • Update 2:
    Well I went for it, we got a g off the asking price and gave me a bit under what I wanted for the trade-in (VW passat wagon 1.8Tmanual 60k miles) $5350, but they deal with wholesalers only and I didn't want the hassle of selling myself to get more. Got a good interest rate over 4 years so overall the package is pretty good. Picking up the car tomorrow and we'll go from there!
  • I bought a new 2008 9-3 2.0T manual (no options) a couple of weeks ago at Charles River Saab. Accounting for the exact KBB price for my trade, I paid $18,700, no owner loyalty or lease termination rebate. As the sales manager said, "that's Camry territory."
  • Just got a 2008 2.0T Convertible sticker $44500 and ended up paying $32500 plus an additional savings of $1200 for the 4 month early turn in of my Cadillac CTS lease! (Premium, Cold weather package, 17" Rims, Auto, Metallic Paint)

$4750 Red Tag & $2000 Loyalty & $2000 Dealer Cash & $3000 GM Employee pricing along with a few more dollars off the top. Got this at a Rochester Dealer - Dorschel.

I am happy since I was comparing with a BMW 3 and A4 Convertibles...much better price for new compared with similar class cars now!
  • Hi everyone,

I am looking for a bit of advice on a car my wife and I are looking at purchasing. It is a manual transmission 2006 9-3 Sport Combi with ~30K miles and they are asking $16.5K. It has a clean Carfax, new tires and new front breaks (rear are 80%). Based on others in the Mpls area, it looks like a competitive price ~ am I right? Also, it is only under factory warranty until 50K miles, but the dealership offers an extended bumper-to-bumper for ~$1,900 (6 yr or 100K) - based on your experience, is this worth it?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
  • In northern ohio and just got a quote for a used certified 2007 9-3 2.0t 4 dr sedan for $14,995 with 35,000 miles. Do you guys think this is a good deal or should I try to talk them down lower? Thanks
  • edbocedboc Posts: 5
    I'm going to look at the same car next week at Charles River Saab. Did you get this during the Red Tag Event? Did you get what you wanted for your trade?
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    Try to get it at $14,000, but even at $15K, it seems like a good deal to me.
  • What's a good price on a 9-3 2.0T MSRP 33,370? I know there is a 4000 rebate plus 1000 saab loyalty, plus additional 3000 saab loyalty. On TMV it looks like they are selling at at invoice before rebates...also theres supposed to me manufacturer to dealer cash but I cant find the numbers, anyone know?
    Also, if leasing the vehicle anyone know the lowest money factor?
    It looks like the purchase price should be around 22,800 after rebates, but need someone to confirm. Im in southern ca (LA).
  • I have another question if someone can answer. A local dealer has a couple of 2007 unsold 9-3 2.0T convertible (silver for both) with heated seats and upgraded audio packages, MSRP 41430. I was wondering if there are any incentives for unsold new 2007's, I havent seen them before. What's a good price to pay for one of these? I read an article that you should start at paying at least 25% less than MSRP but sometimes a lot more. So if anyone has any info. on this that would be helpful. Thanks, again this is LA area.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,196
    luxurymotors.com near chicago is selling 08's with about 11k-12k off msrp. they have the discounts posted so take a look. Click on the saab symbol then new cars. If you qualify for 3k loyalty? that would make for an awsome deal if it applies.