Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• keitho8keitho8 Posts: 13
    Thanks for your response and advice, much appreciated. :) So if I understand correctly, go to max, $19800 but $19000 would be a good deal. I'm just trying for a good price while GM are in financial trouble and before Saab goes to another owner. I looked at getting a new one but the price is a bit high, the payments etc. Besides I think you need a high credit score to buy new now adays? Sorry to ask but 17300=2500? What is the 2500 please?
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,196
    Splitting the difference between the asking price and your lowball offer. Paying 19k for a used saab is not a good idea.They are not cheap to maintain and repair. Look at subaru sedans, ford fusion, chev malibu,hyundai sonata, nissan altima/sentra, toyota camry/corolla, if you don't need leather than you can get in a brand new car for less than 18k. VW golf and Jetta are great deals if you like euro brands.They have ads for jettas at 15k with a stick. The best thing you can do re your credit is to go to a credit union and see what you can get pre-approved for in a loan. The dealers will kill you in interest if you are not careful.
  • keitho8keitho8 Posts: 13
    Thank you. Don't mean to go off topic but, my employer doesn't have a credit union. I thought dealers work out a good interest rate? So I figured instead of me getting pre approved and lowering my score a bit, it would be best for them to apply first. I'm looking at Saabs because of their 6yr warranty.
    If you like the 6 year warranty you'll love hyundai's 5 year bumper to bumper and 10 year power train. Test drive the sonata. Great deals. Good luck.
  • r34r34 Posts: 178
    You are comparing a Sonata with a 9-3? I may be ok or as "good" as an Accord but I don't want to keep it for more than a month. People who are looking for a Saab is not looking for daily commute. It is a fun car to drive.
  • r34r34 Posts: 178
    You can find independent shop specialized in Saab/Volvo repairs (much cheaper than what the dealers charge).

I bought my first Saab new in 2001 but I kept buying CPO Saab after that. My CPO Saabs were more reliable than my "new" Saab (esp the 9-5 Aero). You can save a lot by buying a used Saab but you really need a warranty (its CPO is a $0 deductible one, not like Audi or BMW).
  • My 06 93 sportcombi lease is up next month and GMAC want 18K for it (with 39K miles on the clock). I've seen 07's cheaper than this and with less mileage so has anyone had any success in getting GMAC to lower their end-of-lease price and if so, how did you do it?
  • I'm looking for a used 2006 9-3 with around 30k miles. I see these listed for around $16k. What is the best deal I can expect to get?

I'm thinking of offering $13,500 OTD. Is that doable?

I like the 2007 with updated interior but may be out of my price range. Any other reasons to go up to 2007 from an '05-'06?
  • There is supposed to be extra sound proofing as well but I couldn't really notice the difference.
  • I gave 500 deposit for 2007 saab 9-3 final otd cost $15,500 in Austin TX. Black with tan leather interior. $14,400 base price 190 total fees 6.25% tax. 34,450 miles 6 speed manual transmission one owned per carfax. Standard equipment with sunroof. Original purchase date april 2007. I called local saab dealer and they told me I do not have to do anything to transfer warranty. My understanding is the car has a balance of up to 4 years or 50k miles bumper to bumper and 100000 miles or 5 years powertrain warranty. Can anyone be so nice and confirm my warranty?
  • That's correct. How many miles are on it?
  • After bringing the car home from Austin it has 34,800 miles. I like it; it gobbles highwy miles with ease. At 65MPH rpm is barely over 2000. I did not measure exact gas mileage but it had to be 30 or better with average spped close to 80MPH. My wife noticed it remided her of volkswagen she drove long time ago. Now let's hope it will hold up mechanically.
  • Just bought a CPO 07 saab 2.0t from Connecticut dealer. The car has premium package with 32K miles. Settled with 17.5K+dealer fee and tax. It hard to negotiate the price with them, really hard. I had thought the price can drop to 16K, but seems no way. Maybe I am not good at fighting with dealers.
  • With 27800 miles for $18918 ($17000+1666 sales tax+$252 licensing fees. Got to love King County and Washington State). Car has all options except for the navigation system. Dealer also had to fix minor body damage to rear wheel well and a ding on passenger door. Brake pads were replaced by dealer in June. Factory warranty good until December of 2010. Love the car, my first Saab. Always feel screwed after leaving a dealership, but think I did ok on this one. Car had been on the lot since June, so they wanted it to go I think. Talked to the former owner (local trade) and seemed like a decent person, just needed a bigger car for the family and traded Saab in for a Honda van from the dealer I purchased from (Cadillac of Bellevue).
  • Anybody?
    So any recent 9-3 purchases?
  • jfm224jfm224 Posts: 1
    i've been looking at several demo 2009 9-3 2.0s w/ comfort. All have b/w 2-6k miles and are going b/w $24k and $25k depending on paint and mileage. Also saw a 2008 CPO 2.0 Touring w/ 8k for $21k. Was leaning towards the 2009 b/c I wanted the sunroof that comes along w/ the comfort. Thoughts? Has anyone else been quoted on a 2009 demo?
  • I am currently leasing a Saab 9-3 2.0T limited edition 60th Anniversary 2007. The lease is up in one month. I love love love the car this is my second Saab. I went to dealer to lease another. However, currently they are not leasing cars. They wanted to know if I wanted to finance. The car is in gret condition I am the sole driver it has 21,500 miles. They offered the car to me for $19,997 to purchase and finance. The loan and interest rate was ridicolous. I thought this seemed a lot. Way too much. I enjoy the car but feel to walk away from car and get a 2010 Subaru Legacy.

Any thoughts????
    Subaru is a great choice. If you like the eurocar feel -- check out the passat comfort or cc. Jetta is nice but smaller. Check the postings for leases on these cars. Acura tsx and honda accord should also be on your list.
  • The dealer probably doesn't want your car back, they just want to squeeze some more $$ out of your pocket. Saab has a low market share and is in a weak postion market wise now, depite trying to tout themsleves as a prieum brand like BMW or Audi they just can't command the kind of $ those cars do. Check out the Edmunds TMV on the car and offer to buy it for the trade in-value. Depending on your original lease terms I'm sure they'll still be making some money, and they don't have to worry about re-conditioning they car for resale. Also check finance terms through multiple lenders, I just got a 72 month loan from my credit union for 3.99%, the dealers was 6.99%. I plan on paying it off early, but the flexibility of low payments is a +.
  • Thanks that is what I thought. I have been looking at the 2010 Subaru Legacy. Test drove it yesterday. It was a smooth ride. I am going to let me lease run out and get the Subaru. i enjoy the Saab a lot. However, I feel they are ripping me off. For that price I can have a 2010. Thanks for confirming for how I already felt. Great forum!!!