Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR3

Comments

• british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    They were made in Italy but I can't remember the name. They were a limited production run just for gringots.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,861
    Any idea if the fog shields will help prevent hazing or yellowing? Maybe that's not an issue with Land Rover headlamps anyway.

In any event, good tip about Griots - I gave them a little plug in the Healing Hazy Headlamps Guide.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Never really noticed any hazing on Land Rover head lamps at all. Even the late 80's early 90's Classic Range Rovers normaly have fairly clear headlamps.
  • bgsntthbgsntth Posts: 77
    Last update.

At my insistence, the dealer checked the alignment again, and NOW found that the "toe" was indeed way out of specification. Imagine driving down the road with the tires being pigeon-toed.

I now doubt that they originally checked the alignment or road-tested the truck to verify my complaints regarding the erratic steering. The truck drives great now, but this is not how I wanted to begin my relationship with Land Rover. Yes, letters have been written.
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    It's interesting that the toe setting was out of adjustment, but an incorrect toe will not cause the tires to go completely bald in 2500 miles.

What it will do is cause excessive wear on the inside or outside edges of the tread, maybe an inch or three.
  • mark156mark156 Posts: 1,992
    Mac... if a man has no hair on the top but some on the sides he is still called bald. :P
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    no hair on the top but some on the sides he is still called bald.

Some prefer to call that "thinning!" :shades:

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    Not when it's the other way round though. ;)
  • lr3maybelr3maybe Posts: 134
    On a 2006 LR3 (USA model)
    I removed both front seats to swap seat bottom coverings because the was a small damaged area on the left side of the drivers seat. (I swapped the leather cover and foam but not the metal pan and sensors).

Everything seems ok but am unsure about the Passenger Airbag Warning Light. This light on the dash to just above and right of the radio is lit when no one is in the passenger seat - it says Passenger Airbag Off or something to that effect. If I sit in the passenger seat and buckle up, the light goes off as expected (airbag is activated). But I don't recall if this light used to stay lit on the dash all the time when no one was in the passenger seat. Could some one tell me what their's does please?
    Thanks
  • morocco2morocco2 Posts: 43
    Mine works exactly as you stated but it remains off if nobody is in the passenger seat. It will only come on if an object of person occupying the seat is below a certain weight. The weight sensor de-activates the passenger airbag to avoid injury to smaller passengers.

At least this is how I understand it after having read the owners manual :shades:
    Thanks for the reply.
    But your light is not lit when no passenger is in the seat right? I don't recall seeing it lit all the time but it is now.
    It seemed like the only time it used to light was when I put a backpack on the seat.
    Yeah it is supposed to only light up if something to light(hehe pun) is in the passenger seat or if someone leans to far forward. It shouldn't stay on all the time.
    You are correct the light is off when the seat is not occupied and will only come on briefly when the vehicle is started unless I place an object on the seat or one of my smaller children happens to be in the front seat.
    Thanks both of you. I think I must have bothered it pulling all the connectors. I'll check them over the weekend.
    It does seem to light on start up, then flicker off and come back on, probably when the computer checks to see if the seat is occupied. It isn't right. Not a big deal but I'd like it to work correctly.
  • pfolkpfolk Posts: 70
    If you can remove the stain with a leather cleaner, it's dirt. If you can't, it's patina, the mark of a well-used Landy.

Make up a story to explain it and enjoy driving your truck. They drive better when they're dirty anyway.
  • gillzgillz Posts: 15
    The cooler box has a feature that despite the vehicle being switched off, the cooler runs on battery for a brief period of time. I am finding that the time the cooler box runs in this mode is far too short (maybe 2 min).

Is there a programming function that the dealer svc dept can tweak that will permit the cooler box to run for say 10 minutes or so. Would make the unit much more functional and am sure not drain the battery too much..

By the way....just returned from a 1500mi tour in my '07my LR3 round Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, northern Calif. Went over mountain passes without worry and the LR performed impeccably. Very secure and comfortable vehicle and when we got home, my wife commented that despite a 600mi final leg of the trip, the fatigue was less than driving in any other car we own...incl BMW 7 series!

Thanks.
    Almost anything can be adjusted using T4 or ISDN so maybe but you would have to call them and see.
    OK, the passenger seat airbag light fixed itself and has now been operating correctly for a week or more. It must have take the computer a few starts to sort itself out.
  • macc24macc24 Posts: 20
    Does anyone know where the event data recorder a.k.a. "black box" is located in the LR3? Will the car still work with it removed?
    I have a certificate that will save you $2000 or $1500 I will sell. Make your email address public and reply and I will email to you. I can send you a scan of the certificate and the cover letter if you would like to see it.

There is a place on the certificate where I can sign and transfer it to a friend.

Exact wording on the certificate is as follows:

Save $2000 on a new 2007 Range Rover HSE*
    Save $1500 on a new 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE**
    Save $1500 on a new 2007 LR3 V8 HSE, SE, or V6 SE

*Offer valid on purchase or lease of a new, previously untitled 2007 Range Rover HSE (excludes Supercharged model) from 4/16/07 to 6/30/07. **Offer valid on purchase or lease of a new, previously untitled 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE (excludes Supercharged model) from 4/16/07 to 6/30/07. Offer valid on purchase or lease of a new, previously untitled 2007 LR3 V8 HSE, SE or V6 SE from 4/16/07 to 6/30/07. Present this certificate to Retailer and take delivery from Retailer stock by 6/30/07. These offers may not be combined with any other private purchase offer. Limit one redemption per household. These offers exclude demonstration vehicles and service loaners. For current lease customers, these offers may not be combined with the Early Lease Termination offer. See Retailer for complete details.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,861
    Is this the coupon Land Rover mails out when you visit their site and request a brochure and/or fill out the survey there?

I need to add this to the Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons discussion.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• lrguy44lrguy44 Posts: 2,197
    If it is a certificate mailed from Land Rover it is not transferable. The RDR name and address on the vehicle must match the coupon for the dealer to redeem the cash from Land Rover.
    Some of them are transferable. At least some of the ones I have seen.
  • lrguy44lrguy44 Posts: 2,197
    Really - everyone I have dealt with has been transferable only within the household - not to the "general public". The fellow who sits next to me hasn't either.
    I have had a few that said they were transferable to friends and business associates.

That covers just about everyone. Specificly we had a good customer of ours who had one but didn't have anyone she knew that was interested in a Land Rover. She gave it to us with her half filled out and it said it was transferable to "friends and business associates."
    This one expressly states it is transferable. There is a place on the certificate to designate who it is transferred to. And there is a cover letter that says I can designate who I want to transfer it to.

But you are right, some certificates are not transferable.
    Where did everybody go?
    No one's posting anything.
  • ssp1ssp1 Posts: 115
    I heard that all LR3s are running smoothly and those that purchased other non-LR vehicles are stranded in remote off road locations and cannot get to the internet.
    I have been too busy enjoying my trouble free ownership experience :P to right. Just got back from a 1100km trip that took me off road. I went fishing with my 8 year old son and 7 others. As always my 2007 LR3 HSE continues to impress me. I used the off-road NAV for the first time. Great.

I am off to LR's Driving School in Montebello, Quebec, Canada this weekend. My wife and I are looking forward to learn more and experience first hand what the LR3 is truely capable of in more challenging off-road conditions:shades:
    I guess it's good nobody's writing - that means no complaints.

I took my LR3 on a work trip when I couldn't get a company vehicle. My wife went with me. She was very surprised when I turned off the dirt road to head down an embankment without warning. She thought I was having a seizure or something. Then, she was even more surprised when I turned off the embankment and crossed the creek. I had to cross it a few times so she could get photos and then go back and pick her up. I've crossed it before in an Expedition and dragged the bottom a bit, but it was no effort in the LR3.