Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR3

Comments

• kscctsksccts Posts: 140
    $400 for Sirius is still too high but much better than the $600 BMW wanted for the Sirius setup in my wife's new X5...ABSURD! :mad:

Needless to say, we said no and stayed with our transportable Audiovox set-up.
  • My 2006 LR3 SE V6 is couple months old and received a letter from dealership for off road even next week. How long this event takes and is there any benefits of it?

Please tell me your experience if someone has attended this before. I'm from Sacramento, California.

BTW, what is Sirius?
  • I have 2006 LR3 SE, it rained here on monday 11/28/05, going home from work, as soon as i hit the brake, the water was leaking from the front windshield and poured inside, not whole lot. I was surprised and worried, spending $48k on this vehicle didn't expect this. Hit the brake on stop light, now the water came from where the sunroof switches are...crap.........called the dealer and they said they ran the sprinkler for an hour on top of my vehicle found nothing leaking, checked sunroof water pipe/drainage was rerouted wrong. They fixed it on 11/30/05. It rained very heavily yesterday, no leakage, so I guess the problem is fixed but it is scary. I had many cars/trucks in the past and they were half the price of this, never had any problem what so ever. I think they have over priced these vehicles, and the quality is not that great. Water leaking from 2 places on 2 months old vehilce is a shame on LAND ROVER. At last I'm glad the dealer fixed the problem, and hope it won't come back. Hope it won't happen to you but if it hapens, dealer suggested that bring the car to the dealership right away so they can see where the water leaks coming from.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,993
    Sirius is satellite radio. More here:

XM & Sirius Satellite Radio

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• kkonekkone Posts: 61
    sohna99:

If you have no off road experience I highly recommend that you go to the event with your truck. It will really show you what your vehicle is capable of doing off road. You will never know the power of a Land Rover unless you take it off road where it really comes alive. Most likely there will be instructors there to guy you through the rough sections.

The first time I took my Discover II to Hollister Hills OHV park about 1 hour from San Jose California, it blew my mind what the truck was able to do there, and that is considered to be a tame park. I now have an LR3.

Sirius is satelite radio.
  • once you pay for the factory Sirius option, are there any monthly or yearly subscription costs, etc.? Also, is there a place/site yet where i could check out the new silver you mentioned.
  • grommetgrommet Posts: 445
    Subscription? Yes. See http://www.sirius.com

I don't think there are any places you can "really" see the difference, but you can look at the not so useful web samples on the UK site:

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Vehicles/Discovery/Exterior/colours.htm

Remember to ignore the colors,err, colours that aren't available in North America. ;)
  • Our first Sirius equpied LR3's will start arriving in January according to my latest pipeline report. They are production weeks 49 and 50. The new silver is just a couple of shades darker then the old so I doubt most people will be able to tell the difference. The complaint was that at a distance the Zambezi silver looked like white zermat being a little darker should solve that problem.
  • ...was excellent. Locking centre diff, snow mode and raised mode were all needed when this morning I drove at my country home in 30+ cm (about a foot) of fresh snow. Boy, I was glad to have the LR3: ordinary cars would have gotten stuck.

In other words, I was impressed. And yes this was with stock tyres.
  • I purchased year ago. First vehicle never got off the lot. Current vehicle in operation since 30 NOV 04. Began showing coolant level warning 10 months in service. Dealer said fault sensor. Took in to dealer for 15,000 service four days later stalled in Rush Hour Traffic with full tank of gas - No explanation. Towed to dealer, in shop 3 days. Fuel tank replaced at same time. Driving home from work yesterday engine system warning light comes on. Any one have a clue?

I shopped around for this and really love the vehicle. But it's a joke to keep taking it in the shop for days at time and no diagnosis. No fix. What's up?

concerned

P.S. you have to mount your satellite antenna outside cabin to get decent reception.
    Did you ever get an update on the missing lumbar support from your rep? Or at least find out why "electric lumbar support" is even mentioned in the LR3 manual? :) Any other "changes" I didn't hear about?
  • mark156mark156 Posts: 1,992
    Hey Guys, I am "SO" on the fence about getting an LR3. I plan to drive one this week. I'm sure it will drive great but I CANNOT have a vehicle that will not be trust worthy as I drive across the country at least once a year and go on short driving trips quite often.

My brother's 2003 LR Discovery II has been very reliable and no trouble at all. I'm hoping that the 2006 LR3 will be the same.

I'll let you guys know how the test drive goes.

Mark :D
  • Hi lr3maybe: I have the 255-55R-18 Terra Graplers- I went smaller to avoid some of the rubbing issues with the larger tire-plus I did not want to have to air down the spare to get it to fit. The 55 profile means I lose 1/2 inch clearance. I have not noticed a perceptible change in the speeometer readings- and I checked them by a hand help gps unit. They are a little noisier than the stock tires, as one would expect- but not enough to worry about- especially given the gains in traction. As to wear- the jury is still out, although others on this and other forums have said that they seem to wear well.
  • Mark,
    Go for it! I have HSE 2005 12000 Miles no major problem. When I go to dealer for service the only LR3's there are in for service as well.
    Thanks for the encouragement Saileast... I'm going to the Land Rover dealer tomorrow to check on a Black LR3 HSE that I saw today. Actually, I'm pretty flexible on color as long as it has all of the options. I don't want a dark interior though.

My local dealer only had 3 LR3's that I could see.... a black HSE, a silver SE and a white SE... so, we'll see tomorrow what pans out.

Mark :D

PS. I picked up a Consumer Report magazine that tested the LR3 and it was not favorable. It makes me feel unsure about purchasing but I'll check them out for myself. Consumers Report gave it a black dot on reliability.
    Mark, you really expect Consumers Reports to give a Land Rover Discovery, err, LR3 a favorable reliability dot? :P

And I thought you were leaning big-time to the Jeep Commander...

Passed my 1 yr. anniversary... all is fine. I personally don't give Consumers Reports any weight on anything but mass market high-volume products.
    Grommet, yes, I was thinking strongly about getting the Jeep Commander but after looking at it for a second and third time it just started to look cheap. I don't like all of the "bolts" that are prevalent around the wheel wells, headlights and on the dash board. And, the third seat is WAY too tight; the cargo area floor is also too high.

I compared the Commander and the Volvo XC90 very extensively and the I have fallen in LOVE :blush: with the Land Rover LR3. I can deal with a few glitches as long as the dealer can fix them the first time.

I was just at the San Francisco International Auto Show and I compared all three vehicles that I mentioned above and the LR3, to me, just shines above the others in style, quality and fit and finish.

I like the fact that you can get front and rear bumper sensors and heated seats for front and second row.

I'm going to try and test drive an LR3 today, I'll let you know how it goes.

Mark :)
  • thanks grommet
  • jobiejobie Posts: 47
    Michael -
    Which stock tires to you have? Mine have the Goodyear Wrangler HP's and I was sliding all over in about 2" of snow. Thanks
  • Everytime I take my LR3 (05 Tonga/Alpaca HSE) on another 600+ mile trip, I expect the worst - having read all the negative crap on this forum - and am always pleasantly surprised because the thing is just so perfect for all occasions. At first I just thought it was just a nice vehicle, but now, at 8000+ miles, I'm in LOVE with it !!

I had my gas tank replaced yesterday, and the service was absolutely great. I drove a new 06 Loaner 250 miles and noticed that the rear seat headrests were a different design - otherwise it was just as mine - perfect.

All I can say is: WHAT A GREAT VEHICLE !!!