Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR3

Comments

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,971
    Is this the coupon Land Rover mails out when you visit their site and request a brochure and/or fill out the survey there?

I need to add this to the Auto Parts Bargains and Coupons discussion.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• lrguy44lrguy44 Posts: 2,197
    If it is a certificate mailed from Land Rover it is not transferable. The RDR name and address on the vehicle must match the coupon for the dealer to redeem the cash from Land Rover.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    Some of them are transferable. At least some of the ones I have seen.
  • lrguy44lrguy44 Posts: 2,197
    Really - everyone I have dealt with has been transferable only within the household - not to the "general public". The fellow who sits next to me hasn't either.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    I have had a few that said they were transferable to friends and business associates.

That covers just about everyone. Specificly we had a good customer of ours who had one but didn't have anyone she knew that was interested in a Land Rover. She gave it to us with her half filled out and it said it was transferable to "friends and business associates."
  • lr3maybelr3maybe Posts: 134
    This one expressly states it is transferable. There is a place on the certificate to designate who it is transferred to. And there is a cover letter that says I can designate who I want to transfer it to.

But you are right, some certificates are not transferable.
    Where did everybody go?
    No one's posting anything.
  • ssp1ssp1 Posts: 115
    I heard that all LR3s are running smoothly and those that purchased other non-LR vehicles are stranded in remote off road locations and cannot get to the internet.
  • morocco2morocco2 Posts: 43
    I have been too busy enjoying my trouble free ownership experience :P to right. Just got back from a 1100km trip that took me off road. I went fishing with my 8 year old son and 7 others. As always my 2007 LR3 HSE continues to impress me. I used the off-road NAV for the first time. Great.

I am off to LR's Driving School in Montebello, Quebec, Canada this weekend. My wife and I are looking forward to learn more and experience first hand what the LR3 is truely capable of in more challenging off-road conditions:shades:
    I guess it's good nobody's writing - that means no complaints.

I took my LR3 on a work trip when I couldn't get a company vehicle. My wife went with me. She was very surprised when I turned off the dirt road to head down an embankment without warning. She thought I was having a seizure or something. Then, she was even more surprised when I turned off the embankment and crossed the creek. I had to cross it a few times so she could get photos and then go back and pick her up. I've crossed it before in an Expedition and dragged the bottom a bit, but it was no effort in the LR3.
  • tdo123tdo123 Posts: 102
    Are the new changes for 2008 available to anyone yet? Do any of you dealers have an order sheet or anything that may show new options or perhaps a backup camera!!
    Just got back from the Land Rover off-road driving school in Montebello, Quebec :shades:

That was the most fun I have add in a long time. My wife greatly enjoyed the experience and is no longer questioning my choice of the LR3 ;)

After four hours of exciting and challenging off-road driving, I came out of it with a much better appreciation for the LR3's capabilities.

This morning I saw on TV a commercial that compares the LR3 against Hyundai's new Santa Fee :confuse:. They compare them doing slalom on a track. They would not dare to try the same stunt off road..... :P They would write-off the Hyundai in the process.

I am glad I went for the LR3 after what I saw this weekend
  • pfolkpfolk Posts: 70
    So tell us more about the off-road driving school!

As for the Hyundai ads: They get an A for having a good advertising agency who can help Korean carmakers with an inferiority complex. They also compared it to a BMW. What's next? "More storage capacity than a VW New Beetle?"
  • hellpiehellpie Posts: 9
    My LR3 recently hit 30000 miles and is running well. I purchased the car two years ago and still have the original tires on. I can get some more mileage out of the tires, but as the dealer service adviser pointed out, the passenger side front tire is exhibiting the often-talked-about uneven wear. During the life of the car, I didn't bother rotating or aligning the wheels, which is something I should have done. The tires have gotten noisier, but it is not to the point of annoying.

Last week I changed all four brake pads, which was quite a bit of work. The front calipers had rather large bolts (13/16") that must have been tightened by Hercules himself. The bolts were torqued so tight that in trying to loosen them, I broke two socket extenders and one socket wrench, which required multiple trips to the hardware store. I was finally able to devise a method to loosen the bolts and remove the calipers, but what should have been a relatively quick job turned into a lengthy ordeal.

Overall, I am very pleased with the vehicle. The LR3 is well designed and well built and has given me trouble free performance. There are some slight interior squeaks and rattles that are starting to emerge, but I believe that is normal for any car as it ages, especially one as large as the LR3. I put a couple of small dents in the roof, the area right behind the sunroof, while washing the car a few months ago. My suspicion is that the roof metal is rather thin, as I have climbed atop of many vehicles before without any denting problems.
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    The front calipers had rather large bolts (13/16") that must have been tightened by Hercules himself

They may have been heavily torqued originally, though it's just as likely that a thread locking compound had been used.
    Did you check on the correct procedure for their replacement?

My suspicion is that the roof metal is rather thin, as I have climbed atop of many vehicles before without any denting problems.

I suspect that you weigh somewhat less than I do! :blush:
    Land Rover Ottawa gave me a voucher for a 4 hour session. I had to use it before the end of June. I combined it with an overnight at le Chateau Montebello for a little romantic get away from the kids. Montebello is about 65 kms from where we live.

If you are and Land Rover owner they will provide you with the same model you own. The first two hours are spend practicing different off-road driving skills and getting to know the full range of the off-road capabilities of the LR3. My wife and I use one hour each. I actually used a little less time because my wife went first and the instructor does not have to repeat everything for the second driver ;)

After completing the driving course which consist of a mixture of natural and man made obstacles designed to bring out the off-road capabilities of the LR3 we headed for the trails. The trails are located on a 65,000 acre property that belongs to Fairmont Hotels. The trails are in the mountains.

I am still amazed at what this vehicle can do :shades: I learned to brake using my left foot. The technique of using your two feet to balance braking with fwd or backward movement to keep the vehicle moving under control takes a little to get used to.

The terrain was relatively dry which made it a little easier. The LR we used was an HSE with heavy package and a winch with the standard Goodyear tires. I have some cool pictures but I am not sure how to show them here. :confuse:

I highly recommend it to any LR owners. Even if you never take your LR off-road just to know what it can do provides you a better appreciation for the LR's off-road capabilities should you find yourself in a situation where you need them.
    The easiest thing to do with your photos is to upload them to your CarSpace album. Then you can link to them or put them in a message using the handy link boxes there.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Thank you :blush:
    I have uploaded some pictures of my off-road driving experience at

http://www.carspace.com/morocco2/Albums/morocco2's Album/Land Rover Experience 002.jpg/page/photo.html#pic :sick:

I hope this works :confuse:
    Looks good - I like the shot with the left rear wheel a few feet off the ground. :shades: