Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR3

Comments

• liv4theroadliv4theroad Member Posts: 9
    Keep login into the website, you will get a pop up message to answer a survey, after I answered the survey I got their email with the coupon. Iam still trying to figure out if Palm Beach will let me apply the coupons for a lease. The bad weather in So Fl has set my dealing off. Today I got a quote from So Dade LR for 46000 ( I have not applied my 1500k coupon yet), .00107 MF and residual 71% residual on a 24 mo lease for a V8 SE with the lighting package. They told me the residual and the MF is non negotiable (but I am not 100% sure that's true) Still trying to figure out if it is a good deal or not. Will keep you posted
  • tjones39tjones39 Member Posts: 31
    Wow they must be able to change residuals!! I was quoted just 2 days ago on the same LR3 as you and they said the residual now was only 68% and MF .00127 in Orlando. We are in the same state and you are getting a higher residual and lower MF. So I know that is a good deal but I think you can get the price lower. On my quote they had a "MLS charge" of $750 that was subtracted right before the residual final line. My guess is this is a disposition fee that is profit along with the $595 acquisition fee.
  • tjones39tjones39 Member Posts: 31
    Liv4theroad, you didnt say how many miles they were allowing per year for the 71% residual, that maybe the difference? The told me it is 68% for 15k miles per year in Orlando. Still they quoted you a lower MF so we know thats negotiable. I still have the question about the MLS fee which I know is a disposition fee or turn in fee at the end of the lease which is pure profit? Between that fee and the acquisition fee that's $1300 extra dollars, anyone know about these?
    tjones: the 71% residual is for 10500, at 12000 miles is 70% and at 15k it drops to 69%
    this is for the SE V8 with the lighting package, bluetooh and Sat radio. they quoted me 46000 (which is 1900 below sticker w/o my coupon), I am trying to get them to drop the price to 45000 and then apply my 1500 coupon. I am not sure I will be able to, but for sure I think they will drop to 45800 and with my coupon then it will be 44300. I am comfortable with the residuals and MF they quoted. I still think I can do better on the price.Hopefully this afternoon I will have my new vehicle.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Residuals are NOT negotiable. They are set by the bank and we can't bump them up as some people have claimed.

68% is right for a 15k miles per year lease. 71% is right for a 12,000 miles a year lease and I think it it is 72% for a 10,500 mile a year lease.

Money factors are negotiable but only up to a point. There is a buy rate money factor that we cannot go below and it varies depending on the term of the lease. Sounds to me like you guys are being quoted pretty close to buy rate for the money factor but I honestly don't know what the different money factors are as that is not part of my job.

595 is the aquisition fee from Land Rover and it is also NOT negotiable. I have no idea what MLS is but it is not a Land Rover Capital Group fee.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    There's more in the Land Rover LR3: Lease Questions discussion.
    Going to the dealer this afternoon, got them to drop the price to 45700 which with the 1500 coupon will then be 44200 ($550 over invoice), i dont think I can do better than that.
    The Palm Beach dealer have not been able to match this. Their systems are down due to our recent bad weather. Palm Beach also wanted a security dep of 1K , which the south dade dealer waived. I will keep you posted, maybe you can use my #'s to negotiate with Palm Beach (which I believe its closer to you)
  • tzotzo Member Posts: 95
    Hi Roman,
    thanks, and I know about the Pirelli's, but the tire tread seems hopeless for the snow. The 18" tire options for the 18" wheels have much better tread and sipe design for snow.

The offer to swap still stands... you can email me at tzo at carspace dott com if you are interested. Again, I live in the San Jose, CA. area.

p.s. the tires have like 14k miles on them.
  • urs1urs1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everybody. I'm following your extremelly valuable discussions for almost a year. I was almost ready to order this great LR3 but I just heard that Ford is selling both Land Rover and Jaguar. This makes me very skeptical since almost all parts used in LR3 come from Ford, as well as production methods, quality control, etc. I'm afraid that without Ford's supervision, Land Rover will fall back the the poor quality and reliability of the past.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Where did you read that ford is selling Land Rover and Jaguar? It is all just speculation at this point and I honestly don't see Ford selling either one.

Secondly most of the parts in the LR3 do not come ford. Most parts are either Land Rover specific or shared with Jaguar some volvo parts sharing as well.

The 4.0 V6 is direct from ford but that is really the only major component directly from ford. I am sure some various switch gear bits are shared with some fords but I can't think of anything off hand.
  • mac24mac24 Member Posts: 3,910
    Hasn't happened yet, but even if it does, as you're just about to order you should still get one of the good quality Ford ones. ;)
  • urs1urs1 Member Posts: 2
    You can find related infromation here :
    http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/25/ford-may-sell-jaguar-and-land-rover-to-jacque- s-nasser/

Moreover, the 2.7 TD is also a Ford/PSA engine. I'm in Europe, so I'm interested in the TD V6 model
    The latest rumor is that Ford is selling Aston Martin.
  • calsantafecalsantafe Member Posts: 1
    KKone, we jus bought a an lr3. i agree, awkward location for the aux input. questions: which power dock did you get for your ipod? What is a Proclip mount and where did you buy it? Also, having not connected my ipod yet to the lr3, once connected can you control the ipod through the steering wheel and/or touch screen?

thanks for your reply

CAL
  • dandrews1dandrews1 Member Posts: 184
    Hey Woodman - I'm looking to do a reverse camera for my 2006 LR3, and came across your post with the instructions, however your site seems to be down now (http://www.wood-man.demon.co.uk/lr3/Woodmans%20Video%20Guide.pdf) ... any chance of you posting it somewhere?

Thanks!
  • grommetgrommet Member Posts: 445
    No, it's just an AUX audio jack... it works with any device with an audio output, not just an iPod. So, no control from the streering wheel or touch screen.

The location isn't too bad... the Belkin combo charger and line-out works nicely there.
  • djcr1961djcr1961 Member Posts: 1
    Go to Ford.com you will find that Ford owns both Land Rover and Jaguar as well as Aston Martin, Volvo and Mazda.
    Prior to Ford buying Land Rover, Land Rover had many quality issues, namely electrical. I have owned Fords for over 20 years and rarely see my dealer. My F150 just turned 10 years old w/ 200,000 miles on it. It still drives like new. I am looking to purchase an LR3 as my empty nest present to myself. It is because Ford owns Land Rover that I am looking at them now.
    I've owner 4 fords before (1980 Thunderbird, 1982 Mustang, 1985 Cougar XR7, 1993 Mercury Topaz) All of them had sniggly little issues with regards to quality (rattling engine parts, weird suspension issues, idles that rev up and down on their own, clutches that burn out too fast - hehe, that last one may have been my fault, esp. wrt the Mustang and Cougar.)

Otherwise, nothing major ever went wrong with them, and it's a decade later, and I'm giving them another chance with my 2006 LR3 HSE. We'll see if they can put the nail in the coffin of their Fix Or Repair Daily reputation they've had around my household...

/DA
  • ssp1ssp1 Member Posts: 115
    All the rumors plus the Wall Street Journal show ford possibly selling ASton Martin because it doesnt share as many parts if any with Ford. With such high owner loyalty and satisfaction ratings (even Consumer reports - reports that Land Rover owners show high satisfaction ratings), and a recent profit should convince Ford to keep LR. But its about the cash and Ford needs cash for its operations.

Here are some quotes from the NY Times
    Selling some or all of Aston Martin, which was founded in London in 1913, would “allow it to reach its full potential, while enabling Ford to efficiently raise capital for its other brands,” Mr. Ford said in a statement.

“Since Aston Martin’s dealer network, product architecture and size are distinctly different from other Ford brands,” Mr. Ford continued, “it is the most logical and capital-smart divestiture choice.”
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Take a look at the number of LR3 posts (3900 in only a couple of years) and compare them to the number of Disco 1 and II posts (4500 over many, many years and far more vehicles produced).

What quick conclusions can you draw?
    It could simply be that this model has arrived during the heyday of the internet blog and forums... people use this medium to exchange ideas rather than older more traditional methods.

I see more Range Rover Sports around here than other other model..

Or, it could be that they have a hit with the LR3..

Only the sales numbers will tell...

/DA
    For thos recent LR owners out there - did you get a LR driving school voucher for 4 hours free?

Not sure I got mine, or if it should be arriving in the mail..

Thanks!

/DA
    Nevermind - found my own answer - the voucher comes after you pick up the vehicle, and they hand you a survey.

Cheers!

/Da
  • lr3maybelr3maybe Member Posts: 134
    I just returned from Ouray Colorado and a little 4x4ing.
    Took Yankee Boy to Imogene Pass from Ouray to Telluride.
    Yankee Boy is basically 2 wheel drive road. Imogene was no problem. Mostly there were jeeps on the trail though I did see a couple older Cherokees.

I drove Corkscrew Gulch from Ironton turnoff to Gladstone. It was easier than last year in a Jeep because there was no snow this time. I did get to a spot where I had to climb over a large rock shelf and as I edged the LR up to it I stopped. I tried to go over it and gave it more and more gas but it wouldn't climb it. It didn't slip, it just wouldn't go. Then I realized that when I had stopped earlier it had somehow come out of rock crawl mode and was in normal mode. I put it in rock crawl and it just crawled over the shelf and kept going.

Lots of confidence in this truck. It seems to go anywhere easily and comfortably.

For fuel mileage on this trip see the companion Edmunds real gas mileage site.

If i had to buy another truck tomorrow I'd buy the exact same thing.

:)
  • photodiscophotodisco Member Posts: 17
    Need some opinions...i am a disco II owner about to pull the trigger on a LR3 HSE. My dealer has offered me the
    following: 1)order an '07 at invoice and he will still honor any applicable discounts or incentives if they exist...or 2) about $4500.00 off invoice on a '06.

What would you do and why?
    If you can get $4500 of invoice, not MSRP that's a great deal. The 06 will be worth less than an 07 if you sell it or trade it in, but the difference will gradually diminish the longer you keep it. So if you're going to keep it only 3 or 4 years, you'll have to consider the lower value of the 06, if you keep it for 6 to 10 years, it won't matter as much.
    I'm not sure if you can get the options you want on the 06. If not, then you'd have to get either some options you don't want, or live without others you do want. I wanted specific options and didn't want to pay for the ones I didn't want, so I ordered mine. But I bought an SE V8.
    I did not want an HSE. I did not want 19 inch tires - its hard to find off road tires. And I didn't want the 3rd row seat or pay for it.
    If you order an 07, then an order placed in September would likely get delivered in November or December. You'd have to consider that if you can wait. And your current vehicle will be worth less if you sell it in Nov or Dec instead of now, or if you trade it in, more depreciation per month the newer it is and/or the more it's worth. Also, I don't know if 07 pricing is out but it may be higher than the 06's. I don't know if there are any advantages to the 07 over the 06 related to the vehicle itself, maybe a couple minor things like power to the seats with the key off or telephone or satellite related things. My 06 already has the tire pressure monitoring system.
    And I am happy with it. No problems, but only 5K miles so far. If I had to replace it tomorrow I'd buy the exact same truck with the same color and same options.

My 2 cents. Hope it helps a bit.
    What are the best off road tires for the LR3? I have an 06 SE7. I have the tires that came with it (the good years). I dont need monster off road tires. My question is how good are the stock tires as off road tires and if there is an upgrade what do you all recommend? Does the dealer have a recommendation (i havent asked mine but curious what LR people who are on here think).

Thanks
    lr3maybe - what month is your build date?

i have a spare car to drive until December but i agree with what you say about selling the car sooner rather than later...i have a disco II and have had it for 5 years and plan to keep many more.

I am getting $1000.00 owner loyalty and $1500.00 coupon and the rest is dealer cash.

Thanks.
  • dropper1dropper1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Could someone please share the current U.S. LR3 incentives and/or where I can find those listed?

I'm especially interested in the current amount of marketing support dollars.

Many thanks!
  • pmorenopmoreno Member Posts: 4
    The nav system in my '05 HSE is frozen. It won't advance beyond the warning statement "Agree" button at start-up. I have already taken it to the dealer once for this problem (they kept my car for 3 days!). They said they "re-configured the body control module" and it worked for two days then froze again. Has anyone else experienced the same problem - and what was the fix?
    Ask them to completely replace the BCM (fancy word for a computer, if you ask me).

The Nav system is fairly involved..

The Nav system, if I'm not mistaken, is the system that uses the 1.9 Gb/s fibre optic network in the vehicle.

If you're really curious, go to www.landrovertechinfo.com and buy a 1-day subscription (12$) and they have diagrams of everything on your car. (I downloaded everything for reference)

The components in your nav system are comprised of the following:

Touch Screen Display (TSD)
    Microphone
    Traffic Message Channel (TMC) receiver (where fitted)
    GPS antenna
    Clock spring
    Navigation computer
    Speaker
    Steering wheel controls
    Audio amplifier
    Integrated Head Unit (IHU)
    Speaker

The only real computer I can see in the diagram is the one under the driver's seat.
    Ultimately, your dealer knows these things best, but perhaps asking them to run a diagnostic on the Fibre network, with possible replacement of the DVD/Nav Computer may help?

/Don
    I think it was March. I ordered in Jan I think, was told I'd get it in May or maybe June, but got it April 26.
    want to get some opinions...dealer tells me that the $1500.00 coupon i got emailed to me for filling out the survey. What the dealer is telling me is that i am eligible for the $3750.00 dealer ASP and the $1000.00 owner loyalty. (british rover) does this sound correct?

They are offering a fully loaded HSE '06 for about $47600.00 with rubber mats out the door including all discounts.

Finally, i am told that the 3.9% rate is not applicable if i use the $3750 ASP cash.

How does this sound??
    You may want to move / copy this discussion to the Prices paid forum?

/DA
  • sohna99sohna99 Member Posts: 50
    As we know LR3 V6 SE doesn't come with navigation system. Has anyone install it later? How does it work? What brand? Was it installed permanently or temporarily?
    Thanks.
    Very difficult to answer question - did you mean try to install an original Land Rover GPS unit, or an after-market one?

I've used a TomTom PDA (Palm pilot) navigation unit extensively for the last year, and it is excellent at road navigation and verbal directions. I've also used an Alpine in-dash unit with a flip-up screen that worked well too.

Ironically, when I test drove an SE with the V8 and no NAV, I got lost with the sales guy in some weird suburb of the city, and only my handheld TomTom unit got us back to the dealership.

/DA
  • sohna99sohna99 Member Posts: 50
    Thanks DA.
    I'm sorry its my fault, I didn't clarify enough. Yes, I meant I don't have a navigation in my 2006 V6 SE and I would like to buy one after market. Any ideas? Which one I should buy and which will fit in the cubby. Should it be installed permanently or just connect to cig lighter?
    Then I would recommend a portable unit. As for which one, it kind of depends on what you want to use it for..

The portable I have (TomTom) is useful for only road navigation, and is practically useless offroad. That may seem like a big deal, but for 99.9% of the time, I don't need it for offroad, and as far as road navigation, TomTom is the best I have ever used. Plus, as a portable, it can go from car to car - it can go on vacation with you, and you can loan it to your wife when she goes away on business (sorry, my wife just did that, so I added it in - she found it invaluable!)
    Garmin make some nice generic GPS units, but they have no navigation (turn-by-turn) functionality - although I have only ever used the handheld sport units - I'm not sure of they have a higher end model that does turn by turn. I do know the sport ones do breadcrumb marking though.

TomTom makes several different products, including stand-alone portables, but I personally use the TomTom for Palm and for Nokia Smartphones. With the unit I use, I have to buy a separate BlueTooth GPS receiver to track the Satellites..

They make maps for all over the world ( I go to Europe several times a year), and their coverage is better than excellent.

Anyways, let me know what you want it for and maybe I can help out a little better.

/DA
  • ceperryceperry Member Posts: 13
    Hello, all -

I am interested in leasing an '06 SE with Navigation, bluetooth, and Lighting package. The MSRP for a so-equipped vehicle is $50,150. Invoice is $45,701. I'm looking for a 24 or 36-month lease. 36 months is fine with me, but the dealer I've been speaking with brought up the 24, saying it's a Land Rover Capital special and the best deal going right now. (Anyone know any details on this?)

This dealer has a truck with the options I want, plus $2000 worth of options I don't really need and don't want to pay for (MSRP $52,575) and offered it to me at a cap cost of $48,916. 15k miles/yr, 24-month lease, with only the minimum drive-offs for a pre-tax monthly payment of $694.40. I think they can do better, but of course ideally I'd rather find a truck with just the options I want.

I really only need 12k miles/year (do they offer 12k? If they don't, 10k would work.)I want all this with $0 down.

Because it's coming up on the end of the year, I'm flexible on color, and most of the dealers around me (there are many) have plenty of SEs in stock, I am obviously shopping hard for the best deal I can get.

So my question is this - from your experiences, and any other knowledge of incentives, discounts, etc, what's the best price I should expect? I'd ideally like to negotiate a pre-tax monthly lease payment of under $600? Sound realistic?

I greatly appreciate any advice!

Cheers,
    christina
    Hi Christina, you should cut and paste this over in the Land Rover LR3: Lease Questions discussion. Car_Man and some of the other leasing experts won't see it here.
    For what its worth your lease package sounds similar to mine with same options, although I have a few more including the front A protection bar and lights - rear lamp guards plus roof rack and my msrp was 56,000 somthing - which they offered the lease at a cap value of approx 53,500. My payments are higher. Sounds like a reasonable deal to me.
  • cxvargascxvargas Member Posts: 30
    I am interested in getting an LR3 but never owned a LR product. Since this is a premium brand I would like to know how is LR customer service and dealing with the dealership after purchasing the car. A friend of mine purchased a Volvo S80 and his experience with various dealerships in NM and Lubbock, TX were not great. Please advice.
  • roverrichroverrich Member Posts: 5
    cxvargas, service can be a hit or miss thing. I used to service my Rover at a very well know (in the area at least) dealership. Although they were very polite, the quality of the work was hit or miss. Now I go to the new dealership in the area and they are really awesome in all regards. I'd suggest you solicit opinions from your local LR owners' club and see what they say. I've had three Rovers that of which is my 2006 LR3 and of all those trucks, the LR3 seems to have the least issues. Good luck and welcome to the world of Land Rover.
  • toddetodde Member Posts: 10
    I know some have put the Nitto 285/65 18's on the LR3, but has anyone tried the same size BFG's?
    For example: In the San Diego area We only have LR Miramar. I have purchased two LR vehicles (01 disco and 06 LR3) and both from LR Mission Viejo. I drive the 60 miles to Land Rover Mission Viejo because of the service. Its worth it to do your homework, because on these vehicles it will make the difference. Find the most knowledgeable sales person and I would ask to speak to the lead service person and ask tough questions as well during the sales process. LR MV has been great on service and warranty issues so far. There are a few sales people there who really know LR and the service guys have been fair and never challenged me on requested repairs. Its also always good to find the local independant Rover service center because the rights techs can be real helpful about your needs post warranty. If there is a good independant service center in your area those folks may have a good recommendation on which dealer to go to. I walked up to people with LRs in parking lots etc and asked them their experiences to get advice because the local LR dealer appears to be active in the local club (i think the meetings are there!) so I didnt think I would get unbiased advice
  • mmac1mmac1 Member Posts: 11
    I saw that General is going to start producing the Grabber AT2 in the 255/60 r18 this fall. They already make this tire in other sizes and the reviews on tirerack from Disco owners are very good. The tire appears to be what many of us have been hoping for....
  • lzmlzlzmlz Member Posts: 7
    I have 05 RR with only 28k miles on it and the BRAKE light lit up on the dash. Dealer told me that I need to replace the brake pads, about $650. Is this normal for RR? I had BMWs before include X5 and brake pads were good for 40K and beyond. I do realize that RR is much heavier. How about the price? Can I have my mechanic in a local shop to do it for half of the price, even though IT IS a leased car? Thanks for any input.
  • nktankta Member Posts: 8
    Just released. thinking of adding the backup camerea to the truck. Any thought on the module?
  • killerphishkillerphish Member Posts: 7
    When I fold down the center seat in the middle row, the seat belt locks up and does not allow me to unfold the seat.

Anyone know what to do about this? Is this a common problem?
    What do you mean by 'locks up'?

Also, do you mean folded up in just the first position or completely down into flat-mode?

The only time I have had this happen is when I did not return the seat from flat mode completely, and after I pulled it up hard, it locked properly, then I could unfold it..

Other than just getting use to it, I have no issues with mine so far - only put it down to check it out though - I haven't had to opportunity to actually use all that space yet.

/DA