Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Equinox Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• laserbluelaserblue Posts: 313
    My letter says...7 years warranty or 112,OOO km ( 69,595 milles) whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at "no charge" on the (DRL) resistor.
    The letter was sent to me by:
    General Motors of Canada Limited
    1908 Colonel Sam Drive
    Oshawa, Ontario
    L1H-8P7

Canada Customer Service Centre e-mail: gmac.csc@gm.com
    U.S. customers: 1-800-200-4622
    U.S. Contact Us e-mail: http://www.gmacfs.com/ca/en/contact/introduction.html

Please call 1-800-GM-DRIVE (1-800-463-7483) if you wish to obtain information relating to GMAC products or services.
  • rstellerrsteller Posts: 4
    Thanks laserblue!
  • clebo1clebo1 Posts: 78
    major problem with the vehicle,creaks like a haunted house.poor design and workkmanship...
    Yes they are,but the dealers has a list of service bulletins to fix it properly when pressed,otherwise nothing but problems with service,this especially includes,serpentine belt,brakes,coolant problems,and head gasket problems.do yourself a favor dump this vehicle for a foreign vehicle!!!
    STAY AWAY FROM THE CHEVY EQUINOX.IT'S THE WORTH PRODUCT CHEVY EVER MADE!!FOR FOREIGN AND STAY FOREIGN.IF THE US AUTO INDUSTRY CANNOT MEASURE UP TO QUALITY ISSUES WITH THEIR VEHICLES,THEN ALL SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS.THE HYUNDAI AWD SANTA FE IS NICE.
    please don't as you are receiving information from a person who spent over $4000
    out of his own Pocket for a equinox.To put it mildly,it's a royal picec of American JUnk,just think the 55 chevy,61 chevy impala,the GTO.ForGET about purchasing the 2005-2010 Chevy equinox.RIDICULOUS PIECES OF JUNK.
    please note mr. bad wrench could not figure this one out,seems this just happens to this untested vehicle.I just looked over a Toyota hybrid Highlander,gorgeous vehicle.runs great.great warranty.weel constructed.not a piece of junk as the Chevy Equinox!!!I'm sick of Chevys,who in the goverrnment is going to bail me out,I need money to fix this hunk of junk.$3000 should keep this vehicle together for another 2 years,then i can dump it.Please do not buy a Chevy equinox, any year, any any kind ,for any type money!!!
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    you are receiving information from a person who spent over $4000
    out of his own Pocket for a equinox.

If you spent $4K on your Equinox than you bought someone elses piece of junk that they ran into the ground. So quit your whinning and next time get someone with a little know how pick out your next car. There are thousands and thousands of happy owners of the Equinox. Sounds like you need to save your pennies and buy a new car next time. :P
    that what i thought, runs well when new,falls apart after 24,000 miles, I hope you got extended warranty...
    poor design and workmanship means you need to learn what to look for in a car. Instead of whinning about your lack of knowhow and got stuck with a well used piece of junk, quit badmouthing a car cause it could have just as easily been a Honda or Toyota and if you would spend a little time on the Toyota sites you would see people just like you crying too.
    Yes I Interacted , with Chevy customer Service at 1-800-222-1020 early for many of the problems I have had while it was under factory warranty, I was promised a lot of things from them in regards to sending the regional service manager out to check my vehicle.I am still waiting,Chevy opened up many case #'s on my behalf,but did nothing to help solve many of these problems.I have over a hundred pages of documentation for prove this,even e-mails from Chevy Customer Service Center.This is the worst Customer Service center I have ever encountered,they are worst than Microsoft and they have for years outsourced!!! In other word "They Promised me an Elevator;Then Gave me the Shaft".
    Would you like to see a stack of the the repair orders? give me your fax# and i will fill it up,also e-mails from Chevy Customer service center.If you make a good product I will give you credit for it,but if you make a piece of Junk I also will give you credit for an Inferior Product also.Please let me know on your first Mechanical Failure,I have had many. People wanted to know what type of Vehicle this was so I showed them all my paperwork.then they made their own decision which was totally negative.I wish you the best of luck with this Vehicle.You'll need it!!!! I just reeivd a letter from the NTSB on this vehicle.Would you like a copy of this also.give me your fax# and load it up with paper.Plese let me know when you areready to receive.Thank you..
    Please note this Fact.Chevy is bankrupt!!! Honda and Toyota companies are not.
    Drawn your own conclusion from the facts!!!!
    My good friend, this 2005 equinox is a lemon.I have over 100 pages of attempted repair plus my vehicle has been in the shop for one problem or another for approximately 50 days out of service!!!!
    GM DOESN'T WANT TO REPLY AND GIVE ANSWERS,THEY JUST BUILD FAULTY PRODUCTS.THEY OWE US THE AMERICAN PEOPLE 30 BILLIONS IN BAILOUT LOANS NOW ARE BANKPRUPCT.POSSIBLY THE CHINESE SHOULD TAKE THEM OVER,HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET A BETTER CUSTOMER ORIENTED COMPANY.GM HAS NO CLUE CONCERNING QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BUILDING A VEHICLE YOU CAN RELY ON!!!
    Sir , you are probablyThere are probably thousands of Chevy Equinox Owners out there,but thera vehicle is probably in the repair shop.I made you an offer,Give me your Fax# and i will send your over everything from GM if you think this vehicle is that great!! Would you like to buy mine? Many New parts!!!
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Posts: 191
    "IT'S THE WORTH PRODUCT CHEVY EVER MADE"

The worth product? GEZ
    his spelling requires a little bit of help. :shades:
  • colloquorcolloquor Posts: 482
    I would certainly agree; several who post in this forum need to make use of the browser's, or Edumunds', spell checker. When using Firefox, and others, real time spell checking is a reality. But, then again, perhaps they need a grammar checker too!

For those who are complaining about the Equinox, somehow I feel that some posters may not actually own one, rather they're simply blasting the product. And, for those who don't know, the V6 commonly found in the Equinox is built in China, not the USA. So, for those who think Chinese products are superior, you may wish to reconsider.
    PLEASE EXPLAIN ME WHY SHOULD ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD BUY A CHEVY ESPECIALLY THIS ONE. THE 2005 CHEVY EQUINOX LT SUV IN MY OPINION IS THE WORST PIECE OF JUNK EVER MADE. I :lemon: HAVE NUMEROUS REPAIR BILLS AND OVER 50 RETURNS VISITS TO MANY CHEVY DEALERS ATTEMPTING TO FIX. IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE ME TO FAX THIS TRAIL OF HORROR FOR THIS VEHICLE AND IT'S MANY PROBLEMS PLEASE SEND ME YOUR FAX# AND I WILL FAX THIS LEMON PROBLEMS TO YOU.PLEASE HAVE ENOUGH PAPER IN YOUR FAX.CHEVY HAS IGNORED ME,STONEWALLED ME,REFUSED TO SETTLE BY USING ARBRITATION IN SETTLING THIS ONGOING MATTER. DO YOURSELF AS FAVOR,STAY AWAY FROM THE EQUINOX. NOT VERY RELIABLE!!!!!WORST THAN THE YUGO!!!
    Why don't you go spread your garbage somewhere else. You bought a USED piece of junk that someone else abused and just because you don't know anything about buying a good used car we are all tired of listening to you cry over your own choosing. Go buy a Yugo and then you can go cry somewhere else. :P :cry:
    Your CAPS are becoming a major bore. Few, if any are interested in helping someone or feeling sorry for someone that shouts ALL THE TIME!
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    PLEASE EXPLAIN ME WHY SHOULD ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD BUY A CHEVY ESPECIALLY THIS ONE.

Considering that YOU bought one I'd think you would phrase that a little differently! ;)

But seriously, typing in ALL CAPS tends to irritate people as you can see from some of the replies.

With respect to the problem you reported, ANY vehicle is subject to head gasket problems. I don't own a Chevy but I did recently have to pay for damage caused by exactly the same problem (yes, it's damned expensive!) but I wouldn't crucify the manufacturer over it. These things happen and used cars are probably a little more prone to these kinds of problems.

If your problem had occurred right after you bought the vehicle rather than four years after the fact, then you might have a case - but not against Chevrolet. The person who sold it to you would be the appropriate target. On the other hand, I have to ask, what exactly have you been doing with your NOX over that last four years? Surely, you had some clues that things weren't quite right?

In any case, good luck!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • packer3packer3 Posts: 277
    celebo is right no matter how you look at it. I posted my laundry list many times in this blog and I got the 05 Nox brand new thank God it was a lease.
    As far as the caps go you seem to miss the point in a way this person is venting and the problem with a blog is that you cant yell out loud.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    As far as the caps go you seem to miss the point...

We get the point but CAPS are best used sparingly to have the greatest impact. Writing in ALL CAPS, as I said, tends to irritate people and makes them less likely to help out. But that's neither here nor there. I only recommend not typing in ALL CAPS for the reasons I've stated.

In any case, I am totally sympathetic with people who are plagued with car problems. I've had enough experience with them myself to know it's not much fun.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jnd1022jnd1022 Posts: 1
    Between 72 and 75 mph I hear a rattle or vibration. RPMs climb normally like in a passing gear. When I get to 76, RPM drop back to around 2000 and noise stops. When I slow down under 75 it starts again until the speed falls below 72. Anyone have any idea?

I took it to the dealer today. They said they cannot test the car above speed limit. Of course that did not sit well with me.

Thanks!
    John
    You expect the dealer to have one of his people speed? That's about as foolish as anything I've read for some time.

We know how much you respect others.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,012
    The speed limit on the freeway out here is 75. Maybe you need to try one of our dealers.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• laserbluelaserblue Posts: 313
    Take the technician with you for the test drive.
    You drive the Equinox then you can go over the speed limit as you wish and he will still be able to hear or fell the vibrations, rattles and noise sitting in the passenger seat just as well.
    What you want is that he detects the problem, so no matter who drives, you'll get the same result at the end.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,116
    Sounds RPM related, as rpm drops when you hit 5th gear (overdrive)....so I'd say either exhaust rattle or CV joint vibration. Not wheels because the car stays at same speed even if RPM drops because you are in a higher gear.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!