Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Equinox Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• I have an 08 equinox lt awd with 16000 miles. This winter, when the temps dip below 22 degreese, I hear a scraping or grinding noise everytime I go over a dip or buckle in the road. The colder it is the louder the sound. Its coming from the front end. At first, I thought something was dragging but nothing. I took it to the dealer and they checked under the body and did not find anything abnormal. They said "Noise hearing is the strut gasses moving thru the orfices of the tower -no problems found, this is normal". It has to be something else - a $28K should not be making a noise when going over dips in cold weather. They said other owners are having this issue but GM not doing a recall. Im trying to push for new struts but am clueless if it could be something else. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
  • Have 2008 Equinox with 2700 miles ,inside the rear doors after driving on a dirt road ,road dust and chloride dust from road salt along with snow and water accumulate on the rear fender wells.. If you open the rear doors to put anything in rear or get anything out or attempt to get in or out of rear you rub against the fender well and have the greasy chloride from the winter salting of the roads on your clothes which ruins them.. Has anyone else tried to get problem corrected.. I tried and was told no corrective action available at this time..
  • Because of the position of the door seals that's just the way it is. My girlfriend has a 06 equinox and it is the same way. Washing the car and the door sills is the only solution.
  • packer3packer3 Posts: 277
    Got that right had a 05 Nox and I have a 08 Torrent, it's just the way, the only cure would come from the rocket scientist engineers at GM, and I dont think they really care about this right now.
  • poppy9poppy9 Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 equinox. I drove all around town today with no issues. Then my last stop of the day I parked the car and when I came out it would'nt start at all. I have power, every comes on but nothing happens when I turn the key. They sent someone out to jump it. There is nothing wrong with the battery. I had to have it towed back to the dealership. This is the 3rd time they have had my car and I bought it in december of 2007. First time was for the CD player, Second time they had to replace the 6th cylinder and now this. It is one month past the year mark so now it's not covered under the lemon law in my state.
  • poppy9poppy9 Posts: 2
    My husband says," that's about right!"
    My swag guess is that there's is a short somewhere near the steering harness
  • Don't want to sound like an idiot BUT I can't figure out how to remove handlight to change bulb on driver side - removed 3 screws but must be another 1 I can't see - where would I go for directions or schematic - I'm really losimg points with my wife - HELP!
  • I just changed mine in my '07 nox. MAKE SURE you change both headlights because it's really a pain in the butt and the other one WILL go out shortly. Mine did and I learned the hard way!! First of all, you have to remove the screws (bolts) on top holding the front grill on. Then remove all 3 of the bolts holding the light casing on.While pulling slightly outward on the grill, you have to lift up and pull the whole light out. Change the bulb(Do not touch the bulb with your hands). Hope this helps!!
    Kim
  • rvothrvoth Posts: 147
    After removing the three screws, lift the light up a little and rotate the headlight forward. There is pin on the base of the headlight that centers it in the metal header. You may have to wiggle the light while pulling it out. I changed the headlight halogen to Super Plasma PIAA GT-X (9007) , they produce light at 5000 K which is a truer white light with just slight blue hue. They are great, hope this info helps.
    If your not over 36,000 miles GM will replace the bulb or bulbs in your Nox. at no cost. 3-36 bumper to bumper
  • well, isn't that funny!! I went to chevrolet and asked them that. They said no-my lights werent covered. They were going to charge me $68.00 and I told them they were crazy-I'll do it myself.
  • just yesterday feb7, I started having acelerating problems and some slight hesitations in power. Could it be fuel injectors or something else..

I have a 2008 chevy equinox fwd with 9400 miles on it. I deliver newspapers every
    morning so it gets abused with stop and go and the engine always on.

The check enginelight was blinking and only coming on when I acelerate up to moderate speeds like 40 mph and more.

Now today Sunday feb 8th, the check engine light is on steady all the time and the aceleration is still the same.

Any body have a thoughbt.
  • Should still be under warranty, Take it back to the stealer. Let them figure it out.
  • If fuel injectors are clogged, is that under warrenty?
  • Don't take any chances with this, go straight to the dealer. The problem is only a couple of days old, if something happens and it's because you over did it, (drove you vehicle a couple of weeks like this) G.M. will tell you that it's an abuse and it won't be a warranty claim. No time to lose, go NOW.
  • I took my 08 equinox to a chevy dealer and the found the # 1 spark plug wire was cracked internally. The had a hard time tracking down a part since many parts manufactures had been shut down across the country. It sat at the dealership for 7 days and finally got the equinox back yesterday and is fixed. All is well for this equinox. The warenty covered everything and a rental car.
    Why didnt they just take a plug wire out of a car sitting on there lot, I know they give a free rental but thats not the point, I don't think it was the wiwre other wise you would have had that problem from day one. Did you have any service work ie oil changes done previously to your problem.
  • I have narrowed my car purchase to a (2005) Equinox. It was comfortable ride and has all the amenities. This site is interesting in that I can not get a feel from what I've read. Pls let me know if you are a owner of a Equinox would you do it again? Would you recommend your family and friends to make the purchase? What are some the highest mileages that people are recording. Example I currently drive a Volvo and though she is getting older she still has @ least another 100,000 to go :blush:
  • I noticed this morning (engine cold) that my coolant in my tank is about 1 inch under the "cold fill level" line.
    I can't see anything on the ground, nothing is wet, my radiator doesn't seem to be leaking. Last time I used the truck my temperature gage reading was normal.
    Is it possible that the level comes low and then goes back to its normal level while driving? If so, I don't want to add some and then it's going to be over filled.