Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 2005+

Comments

• Is bluetooth standard on the 2005.5 A4s?
  • I don't believe bluetooth is an option on the 2005.5 but it's available as on option on the 06.
  • wco81wco81 Posts: 495
    Does the A4 2.0T really get that kind of mileage? Is that with manual?

I can see the A3 2.0T getting that kind of mileage since it should be lighter.

The mileage on the A4 3.2 is really poor, especially compared to a high-profile competitor like the 330i. Talk about high gas prices hitting you where you live.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    I don't think you can qualify 26-27 highway mpg as "poor" for an all wheel drive vehicle w/ a 255 hp V6 engine. The 2.0 Turbo gets 30-32 on the highway.
  • Since you work for AUDI, could you please get me a discount on the $440.00 airbag control module part needed to turn the "AIRBAG LIGHT" off on the dash of my '00 A6? Or how about something off the $400 3 hours labor needed to install? Anything to help with this $840.00 problem would be much appreciated!
  • kjm04,

I have a Treo 650. With any Bluetooth phone, you can turn the BT on and set it on "discovery mode." When I initially picked up my car, the dealer turned this on on my Treo, while sitting in the car, and the car picked up the signal. From there, any incoming calls would turn the music down automatically, make a ringing sound, and the number (or name) would appear on the information console in the middle of the instrument cluster. The phone doesnt have to be plugged into anything, just on your self. You can make an outgoing call by pressing the call button on the steering wheel and saying the name or number of the person. Unfortunately, the BT on the Treo 650 isn't "fully functional", which means I can dial out using Voice activated dialing by saying the number manually, but not by the name :( . I know for a fact that Motorola BT phones peer with the BT in the A4 perfectly and can use name based dialing. Its a great feature if you happen to talk on your cell phone often in the car, without using a BT headset. Worth $500 bucks? I'm constantly on my phone and I hate those headsets, so yea, it is worth it.
  • Bluetooth is only available on the Technology Package w/ Bluetooth. It costs ~$500 more than the regular Tech Package.
  • Please let me hear from others regarding your predictions about new Audi dependability. I am a former 1999 A4 owner, currently leasing a 2003 Saab. Lease is due to expire in November and I am trying to decide on a replacement. Considering 2006 A4, 2006 BMW 325i, or Acura TL (or maybe even a TSX).
    In April 2005, Consumer Reports said they can again recommend the A4 because dependability has improved. My personal experience with the 1999, was not too bad, but certain items failed before they should have, IMHO. My current Saab 9-3 has been terrible, also consistent with Consumer Reports.
    I'm once again tempted by the quattro and the favorable lease rates.
    Please let me know what you think.
    ***Mooselook***
  • I have bought a new A4 and when the air con is on and the vehicle is moving fast, the center vents push out a lot of cold air regardless of the temp setting. :cry: . If I shut the vents the wind noise in the cabin becomes very noisy, like having the windows partly open.
    The dealership cannot fix it...
    Does anyone else have the problem?
  • Certified Pre Owned :-)
  • Edmunds lists it, but audiusa does not...
    I am guessing Edmunds is wrong...
    If it's true, my current 2004 A4 is probably my last Audi then :-(
    ...not to worry, the 3.2 6 speed A4 is available for ordering in the fall.
  • I had a '99 1.8t A4 Avant. Drove the car for three years and had a few minor problems. The mirror heaters were set to activate whenever the temp got near freezing. Since I live in NE Ohio the mirror heaters were on for about three or four months a year and consequently I smoked three of 'em. My manually-equipped A4 also would occasionally "moan" when I engaged first gear. Didn't affect driving but it was loud and would cause people to give me a "look". Naturally the car only did this every so often and never when in for servicing. I even left it there over night (and got to drive a "C A M R Y"' (super big yuk).

Oh yeah, the control arms were replaced under a recall.

So come 2002 and I find myself in another 1.8t Avant. This car seemed to have better build quality and there really weren't any issues over the 3 1/2 years of ownership (but I do dump them before the four year coverage ceases :P ). Oops... forgot about one CEL incident. Took the car to the dealer and they simply reset the light and that was the end of it.

About a month ago I picked up my '06 2.0t Quattro sedan (manual, sports suspension and a bunch of other stuff). The fit 'n finish of this car is beyond reproach. Just got back from a sixty mile scoot at 70 to 78 mph with about 5% city driving mixed in. The trip computer indicated 33.6 mpg!

Before this purchase I considered the BMW 330i. Drove it. Loved it. Still want it... but, like I said, I live in NE Ohio and Quattro is pretty nice. The 330i is also more expensive and winter wheels are a "must have". The 325 is closer in price to the 2.0t A4 and certainly is a good alternative.

But the TL surprised me. I know that the TL generates very good numbers for handling & acceleration but I just didn't like the driving dynamics at all. In fact I was surprised by how little I cared for the car. However that's me and you may find it to be the perfect match for your tastes.

So in conclusion, you seem to dump your rides before the warranties run out. Until proven otherwise that's probably a good idea with Audi as even routine replacement items are likely to be big bucks. Audi seems to have been doing a much improved job with its initial quality and I doubt that a new A4 will leave you stranded in Death Valley. But any of those three vehicles should do nicely. So drive them all and go with the one that works for you.

Byron
  • "The 2.0 Turbo gets 30-32 on the highway."

I think if you put it on cruise and keep it in the 60's it'll get an honest 35 during extended highway driving. I get between 30-32mpg over a tankful, in mixed driving that includes a decent highway leg on my daily commute.
  • I just bought a 2006 A4 Avant S-Line with the Tech Package w/ BT. I have a Blackberry 7290 with Bluetooth v4.0.0.219 operating system but was told by the dealer and by Audi customer service that it would not work and was not on their list of compatible devices. But I tried it and it works perfectly! I never have to take my phone out of my belt clip. I use the voice commands for dialing by name or by number without any problems, but it took some tinkering with the options on my phone to get it to work.

At first, it would sync up but then freeze up both the screen on the car and the BB when I tried to dial a number.

Anyway, here's the configuration that I used to make it work.

Device Properties:
    Trusted = Yes
    Encryption = Enabled
    Services = Hands-Free unit

Options
    Discoverable = Yes
  • dino001 wrote:
    Just ridiculous, but hey if a 19-yr old college boy/girl or fresh foreign PhD starting his professor job thinks it is a good deal, why not at least try?

I had to smile when reading this one. I have met many spoiled 19-year olds who could afford a brand new Audi - but a fresh foreign PhD with a teaching job? You would have to have a really lucky combination of unusually high salary and low-cost location. Most colleges and Universities where starting salaries are significantly above 40-50K, you would also have to deal with $750K to $1M home prices, similarly high rents, and high costs for everything else. And I know families with twice that income who cannot afford a new Audi...
  • dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 3,428
    That comment was about the Tallahassee Mazda dealer trying to charge an ADP on a last-year Mazda 626 (anybody who knows anything about cars would know those cars were going for deeeeep discounts), as an illustration for possible local market conditions. Some fellow was complaining that he/she could get only $1000 off the sticker on his A4 and I tried to comfort him/her saying not every market allows people buying for invoice price. Please read that post again in its entriety (esp. a sentence preceeding the quoted one) and the post it was a response to.

2012 BMW 328i wagon, manual and sports package. No. sold in the US: 1. Probably.

• I thought I read somewhere that Bluetooth was a standard feature. I guess that's a sacrifice I have to live with for getting the 2005.5 model, but I got it at invoice, so it was well worth it.

I noticed that the Nav has a phone option, which is not installed, can anything be done with this???
    Bluetooth is a part of the technology package that has the xenon lights and memory seats.
  • Actually, I got mine at invoice, too. There are two technology packages. Bluetooth is a supplement to the technology package, and is about $500 more than the standard tech. pkg.