Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,162
    No Mr Fusion on the Delorean?
  • jpp75jpp75 Member Posts: 1,535
    As @breld and @michaell noted we had a fun (albeit somewhat disappointing) time at Carmax. The M235i was a great little car and sounded great as @breld took off on the test drive.

Quick update on the TDI Touareg, they had trouble getting it to take fuel when they went to fill it up and are going to put a new gas tank on it as a fix. It's being shipped from Germany and will arrive sometime next week, so I have a loaner AllTrack for the time being. It was nice of the dealer (Larry Miller) to step up and provide the loaner since I sold the old Touareg back already. The AllTrack is a fun drive, lots of power when you hit the fun pedal. I'm anxious to get the new Touareg soon but this will be a fun drive for a few days.
  • tbirdmarcotbirdmarco Member Posts: 3,838
     Nice on the moon are all track that you have for the time being yes you get your new car probably but the end of this week coming up I hope thanks for the update I’m glad you all had fun car looking today 
     Nice on all of the partial highlights stick guy thanks for sharing was interesting reading I spent today looking at a bunch of different Meeks used online found a few interesting stuff like a Subaru Forrester fully loaded 2016 for low 20s in at the Nissan dealer going to go to the happy 2016 ford escape titanium for low 20s to only 10,000 miles better alternatives to the room which they have a few 20 1716 and 15 used with low miles 
     Sounds like a good plan to hold off world for a little while and trading in your type or for that p.m. W but I know will happen by April definitely I’m surprised car max give you such a strong offer with the Honda dealer didn’t who will keep on looking and find a used one that you like which I know will be sooner than later doing anymore car looking tomorrow glad you all had an awesome time today doing that 
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,537
    michael, not too much older. but we did not have our first until i was 29 I think.

who liked what? You know what the wife and I liked. Son obsessed now with the S5 sportback. Daughter just wants my elantra, so she decided her BF wanted a CX5 (he actually wants a 1/2 ton PU, but $ and nose ring....)

so the big change today was my son moving off the TTS.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    Our car show is in two weeks. But, it gets sadder and sadder, as time goes on. Only the domestics seem to put a lot of effort into it.

I understand locking up a Porsche 911, to keep the kids out of it. But, if you have a sub-$80K vehicle, it should be unlocked. Unless you don't really care about selling them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Q do you think $26,000 free forward escape titanium Eddie Nissan dealer over here it’s too much it’s within the budget my mom wants to spend free use car it’s silver with black interior it’s a legend Nissan in Syosset New York and I think it has close to 20,000 miles on it gonna try to get some money off anyway if she wants to look at this one was thinking more like 23,000 what do you think 
     A Nother one Q is at the Nissan dealer they were going to visit on Friday that we were going to go to last Friday it’s a 2016 ford escape titanium also this one is $21,000 and some change with lower miles in the silver one I posted above only has 10,000 miles and it’s black with a black interior also if she likes this one to try to get some money off that too as well just cause I can 
     And also Q if she does go for a Nissan rogue they have two or three 2017 Sbees models for around $20,000 with a few thousand miles on them pink one has 4000 miles another one 7000 miles I forget the mileage on the third one under 10,000 miles and they’re 2017‘s do you think we have room to negotiate on those two trying to steal her away from that sorry for all the questions but I knew who to come to and ask 
     Anyone doing any car looking today raining here so staying inside ha ha so worn out though enjoy your day everyone 
     And also queue at the local Ford dealer found a used 2016 Subaru Forrester fully loaded for low 20s think it has 32,000 miles on it or fax looks clean didn’t call to see if that one was available we’re just doing a lot of looking on dealer website on cars.com yesterday and last night 
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,940
    @tbirdmarco
    do you by chance have some links? There isn't complete info on any of the above. The fords and nissans can be fwd or awd. The fords can come with different engines, as can the subaru (not to mention trim level on the forester).

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    By the way, my wife and I also tried out a BMW i3 at the dealership yesterday. We agreed it'd be fun to try one out and see how the electric vehicle experience suits us. It doesn't seem too difficult to find a decent used one, even CPO, for sub-$20k.

@roadburner - how has your practical experience been with yours? I assume the range extender is pretty much a must-have, especially to reduce any range anxiety? Did you install the appropriate outlet in your garage?

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

Sorry to going to post some links right now for you should’ve done that I know I’m leaving out some information making it harder for you ha ha will do it right now 
     Very nice world that you pastoral that I three electric BMW nice nice 20 more looking today? 
    the 2 ascapes I had sum intrest in are sold not on line as of this morning wher on last night! lollol
    Q thank you for all of the help when you get an chance does not have to be today going on Friday to do sum looking after I get out of work with Mom!
     How’s the job hunting been going to? 
    Guess I'll do some of these in batches.

'17 Rogue S AWD = $18k
    '15 SL = $17k
    '14 Q50 Awd = $18.5k

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

'16 Terrain 4-cyl AWD = $16k. Do yourself a favor and spring the extra $1k for the v6.
    '16 Forester 2.5 Touring = $21.5k

edited January 2018
    '17 Escape SE AWD 2.0 = $20k
    '18 equinox = $22k
    '17 equinox = $21.5k

Assuming clean histories and clean cars with no immediate needs, all prices provided are auction prices. Add $2k-$2500 to get to fair retail for used and maybe $3k-$3500 for CPO.

Thank you Q for all the help it’s very appreciated 
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,265
    I second the recommendation for the V6 on the Terrain and Equinox. I think the 2014 and newer models have the 3.6 liter V6, which should be ideal. Those drive really well but they are heavy and need the V6.
     I agree with you or fight and Q about having the V-6 in the terrene or equinox don’t think my moms gonna go for those but we shall see 
     Going to one of the local Nissan dealers here on Friday when I get out of work she’s pretty picky on color to and I told her mom it’s a used car it’s not like when you buy a new one you have more of a choice we shall see what’s what she wants another white car I told her no don’t do it boring ha ha but whatever it’s her money in her car I just like to bust chops 
     Good morning all anyone 20 corner looking yesterday? 
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,425
    I'm definitely happy with the new Pilot. Yesterday I drove 256 miles between the away hockey games my 2 sons had. The adaptive cruise, rear Blu Ray player, smooth ride, & cargo room all came in immensely handy yesterday (even though it was me & 1 child).

Game 1 was an hour away in Pawling, NY (Dutchess County) that started at 7:50 AM. Trying to get my almost 9 year old son out the door before 6:30 AM wasn't easy. Once I told him to pick a movie to watch (while I load up), he sprang into action. I know what you're thinking. "Bradd, with 1 kid why didn't you just take your Infiniti?" My son played 4 mini (24 minute) games. He was a goalie for games 1 & 4, a forward/defense for game 2 & 3. So I had 2 hockey bags, 1 stick, 1 goalie stick, & a set of goalie pads. Fold down the 3rd row & tossed it all in.

Game 2 was an hour and a half way in South Windsor, CT (near where @explorerx4 lives). It was just me & my 11 year old. So I could have taken the Infiniti, but he got to chill and watch a movie. The ACC makes the highway trips so much easier. I set it at 70 - 75 (depending on the speed limit) and it does it's thing. When I see I'm approaching a slower vehicle, I just move over and it will bring me back up to speed.

The games were fantastic. My almost 9 year old scored the 1st 2 goals of his career & had an assist. My 11 year old has started to block shots and his defense gets better every game. They won 1-0.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,355
    breld said:

By the way, my wife and I also tried out a BMW i3 at the dealership yesterday. We agreed it'd be fun to try one out and see how the electric vehicle experience suits us. It doesn't seem too difficult to find a decent used one, even CPO, for sub-$20k.

@roadburner - how has your practical experience been with yours? I assume the range extender is pretty much a must-have, especially to reduce any range anxiety? Did you install the appropriate outlet in your garage?

I have had absolutely no issues with it whatsoever. I popped one of the 20" tires on a pothole, so I'd go with the 19" if I had a choice.
    I'd probable forego the Range Extender on a new i3 with the 94 Ah battery pack. If our i3 had the higher capacity battery pack we would never have activated the Range Extender. I think I've only had the motor kick on 3-4 times.
    I was going to install a Level 2 charger in the garage if the Federal tax credit had been renewed, but so far all we've done is plug it into a standard 110V outlet. We rarely put more than 50 miles a day on it, so as long as it is plugged in by 9:00 pm or so it is ready to go by morning.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    That’s also what I do with the Volt. It has a 50 mile charge radius, and you can go another 250 miles in hybrid mode. Around town it’s perfect. Until the charging station infrastructure improves I wouldn’t want to drive a totally electric vehicle out of town.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,425
    My cousin in CA leased a Bolt.  He loves it!  Charges at work 2 x per week.  Loves using the HOV Lane.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    I’m very intrigued by the Bolt. My concern at the moment is taking a weekend drive of say, 150 miles, and being able to charge it once you’re there in order to return. Locating charging stations (and whether they are in working order) is still not as easy as it could be. In a couple of years when the Volt lease is up that might change.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,555
    kyfdx said:

Our car show is in two weeks. But, it gets sadder and sadder, as time goes on. Only the domestics seem to put a lot of effort into it.

I understand locking up a Porsche 911, to keep the kids out of it. But, if you have a sub-$80K vehicle, it should be unlocked. Unless you don't really care about selling them.

That aligns with the Pittsburgh auto show. It's sort of meh to me. We'll go because we'll probably be in the market later this year for my wife and my dad is hoping to give the new Ranger a thorough lookover.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
    Shame a lot of the kilocalories  shows  are going  that way
     Glad to hear the games went well with your son   My  car guy
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,793

Shame a lot of the kilocalories  shows  are going  that way

Tell me about it. I love watching kilocalories burn! :D
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250

breld said:

I have had absolutely no issues with it whatsoever. I popped one of the 20" tires on a pothole, so I'd go with the 19" if I had a choice.
    I'd probable forego the Range Extender on a new i3 with the 94 Ah battery pack. If our i3 had the higher capacity battery pack we would never have activated the Range Extender. I think I've only had the motor kick on 3-4 times.
    I was going to install a Level 2 charger in the garage if the Federal tax credit had been renewed, but so far all we've done is plug it into a standard 110V outlet. We rarely put more than 50 miles a day on it, so as long as it is plugged in by 9:00 pm or so it is ready to go by morning.
    Thanks for the feedback regarding the i3. I'm definitely intrigued by a used one given what seems to be pretty drastic depreciation - doesn't seem difficult to get a decent one with a bit of warranty left for around $20k:

2015 i3 15k miles

2014 i3 18k miles CPO

So, excuse my ignorance, but you can simply charge it via a "normal" electrical outlet (understanding it takes a lot longer than other methods)?

Based on those prices, it's something I'm intrigued to "try out" to see how we like the experience - it's not like I'd use it to haul around my boys and their baseball stuff to games and tournaments. But for our routine 50-60 miles commute to and from work on a daily basis, it'd be interesting to see how it worked for that.

@qbrozen - what are 2014-2015 i3's fetching at auction?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,232
    breld said:

breld said:

Thanks for the feedback regarding the i3. I'm definitely intrigued by a used one given what seems to be pretty drastic depreciation - doesn't seem difficult to get a decent one with a bit of warranty left for around $20k:

2015 i3 15k miles

2014 i3 18k miles CPO

So, excuse my ignorance, but you can simply charge it via a "normal" electrical outlet (understanding it takes a lot longer than other methods)?

Based on those prices, it's something I'm intrigued to "try out" to see how we like the experience - it's not like I'd use it to haul around my boys and their baseball stuff to games and tournaments. But for our routine 50-60 miles commute to and from work on a daily basis, it'd be interesting to see how it worked for that.
    Would you have to put snow tires on these, since they are RWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

breld said:

breld said:

2015 i3 15k miles

2014 i3 18k miles CPO

Would you have to put snow tires on these, since they are RWD?
    I wouldn't drive it in the snow - I have other options. :)