Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    qbrozen said:

Congrats! Looks great. And what an incredible deal!
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,907
    Sandman.... your login still exists. If you find an old post of yours, it’s there and you can click on it.

The email associated with it is sandman6472@gmail.com

Do you have access to that email?

If so there is no reason you shouldn’t be able to reset your password and gain access.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    Congrats @qbrozen. A beautiful car, and a heck of a deal. $360 a month is really nice. I need to start trying to figure out how I can get lease deals here in Texas, I would definitely take a new (or almost new) BMW X2 for $360 a month sign-and-drive. Especially one as pretty as that!

Funny thing, I didn't use to like white cars.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    tjc78 said:

Sandman.... your login still exists. If you find an old post of yours, it’s there and you can click on it.

The email associated with it is sandman6472@gmail.com

Do you have access to that email?

If so there is no reason you shouldn’t be able to reset your password and gain access.

And if you don't have access to that email address, you can get it back. Reach out to the folks at google.

2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,907
    edited December 2018
    So I have a question... wife is watching bad television so I am browsing.

On BMW of Mt Laurels web site, There is a section for courtesy cars. Where do I find what the criteria is to be able to lease those?

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,517
    well, when I was there yesterday, the saleslady had a list of all the loaners, and it had notations for which were lease able. has to be a 2018, but not sure what the criteria is before that. Some were noted as CPO only.

QB, nice looking. I was over that way later in the afternoon but I assume you were long gone by then!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

took the wife (and daughter who is home for the weekend again) out to look at my short list. Surprisingly, they both gave 2 thumbs up. Now need to revisit the other 2 options (she had not seen today's before) to come down to a final decision so I can move on to haggling out the deal. I want this all done so I can take the new ride on our Christmas travels!

Sandy, TJC nailed it. For whatever reason, Edmunds forums are tied to an email address. So that seems to be your problem. If the one associated with it is dead, so is your ID. going under the covers to try and rework it is way out of the norm.

so, try and get that Email back and you should be ready to rock and roll.

not a bad price on the Volvo. Though a more loaded 2018 with 5,000 miles for upper 20s seems like a better option.

that one does have about 14 months CPO warranty left. And I prefer to avoid the 2015 early cars. The real killer is that one is low content. Auto failure for no back up camera.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,935
    really? Oh, ya know, I thought that was an inscription. must have gotten mixed up. oh well.

So, no, we were there a LONG time today. Didn't leave till 5:30.

Looking over the paperwork at home, I found they reduced the sale price even more since my OL code didn't work. 20% off before the $3750 incentive.

Full disclosure, I didn't ACTUALLY do sign and drive. We paid $2k out of pocket and the payment is $329.99.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

darn. I would have gone in to look for you. we were up there from around 4:30-5:00! Then stopped for Pizza at the Bertuccis right up the road.

Good luck with it.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    qbrozen said:

kyfdx said:

qbrozen said:

After much debate, we are signing for the loaner X2. It is a great deal and we LOVE it in white! Final numbers are effecitively $360/mo sign and drive for 36/15k. 0.85% payment vs MSRP.

So, it has Sport package and Xenons? Or, is that standard on an X2?

Looks great! Nice deal.

Where were the pictures, before?

Where were the pics? Not sure what you mean. I took those today, if that is what you mean.

Sport seats are not standard. I have seen one or two that had standard seats.

Just that we were all discussing options, and the listing didn’t have pictures.

Very nice, and a killer deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tbirdmarcotbirdmarco Member Posts: 3,838
    Q congrads
    stick guy what did you and  the wife look at and test drive thoughts on it all? Want to hear all about it lol lol lol we all do actually Type your comment
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,349
    Great deal!

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    @qbrozen ....Sweet! Big Congrats!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring

@qbrozen

So, was it $3750 or $3250?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    qbrozen said:
    really? Oh, ya know, I thought that was an inscription. must have gotten mixed up. oh well. So, no, we were there a LONG time today. Didn't leave till 5:30. Looking over the paperwork at home, I found they reduced the sale price even more since my OL code didn't work. 20% off before the $3750 incentive. Full disclosure, I didn't ACTUALLY do sign and drive. We paid $2k out of pocket and the payment is $329.99.
    Awesome job!  Whether you pay the $2K up front or over the course of 3 years is irrelevant!  You got a very unique and cool SUV at a very palatable monthly payment.  Oh, and your wife is happy.  That makes the transaction 100% worth it!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Nice on the above.  Agreed    On  the comments  above.
    kyfdx said:
    @qbrozen So, was it $3750 or $3250?
    $2750 lease cash plus $1k conquest. 

So 20% plus $3750 off. Made it right about $30k ($30,0xx). 56% resid and I believe they used .00192. Can't seem to find that number on the paperwork.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

qbrozen said:

kyfdx said:

@qbrozen

So, was it $3750 or $3250?

$2750 lease cash plus $1k conquest. 

So 20% plus $3750 off. Made it right about $30k ($30,0xx). 56% resid and I believe they used .00192. Can't seem to find that number on the paperwork.

Oh.. it's FWD? AWD models have $1000 more.

You won't see the money factor on the paperwork, just on the computer screenshot. You can back into it with the rent charge. .00182 MF is base. Did you waive the acquisition fee, or roll it in?

Check out my avatar!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

That’s  ausam. Carsty.
    edited December 2018
    kyfdx said:

You won't see the money factor on the paperwork, just on the computer screenshot. You can back into it with the rent charge. .00182 MF is base. Did you waive the acquisition fee, or roll it in?

Check out my avatar!

nope. AWD. But loaners had $1k less per multiple sources.

qbrozen said:

kyfdx said:

Check out my avatar!

nope. AWD. But loaners had $1k less per multiple sources.
    Ah... makes sense.

It's very cool. Especially with the Sport seats.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited December 2018
    So now that I'm chilling on the couch, I can share a bit more of yesterday's happenings.

We left the house just after 9am. The wife was originally objecting to driving around test driving things, but changed her tune quickly. First went to our closest BMW dealer. They had a pre-owned 2015 X1 for $20k. Neither of us cared for it. Very low-rent blah interior, didn't ride smooth, didn't feel like a luxo car at all. Actually made me a bit nauseous from the passenger seat. We were there for a while, though. Took him a good half hour just to find the key.

I asked if she wanted to head to princeton for the CPO S60. It was just then she decided that payment wasn't as important as she first stressed and would rather get what she wants. So we got back in the car for the hour drive down to Mt Laurel. Quickly chatted up the salesperson, who was busy with another customer, and explained we wanted to see not only the X2 loaner but also the CPO 3GT. Said he'd dig up the key but the X2 was sitting on the sidewalk and "here is the key."

We went out and started poking and prodding and sitting. Almost immediately, we recognized the HUGE difference between this vehicle and the old X1. It is like an entirely different manufacturer. Wife said "I LOVE IT!" While sitting in the car, we started discussing the pros/cons/finances of leasing this vs buying a CPO. At about $22k for a 3-yr-old vehicle with 40k miles vs a practically new one for $30k, it made no sense. She then asked "what about buying this now?" So we went back in, told him to forget the CPO car, and let's compare lease vs buy on this. A finance guy quickly ran it and gave us a comparison sheet to ponder. After doing the math, it turned out that leasing for the next 36 mos would cost us just $1k more than if we financed. I consider that rather cheap insurance against depreciation and potential reliability and maintenance problems. So that was that. No games in finance. They honored the price I got via email, even though the OL code failed, which is why I decided I wasn't going to fight the .0001 bump in MF.

I got to drive it around this morn. Vs my Alfa, it just depends on your priorities.
    BMW advantages: seats, interior quality, quietness, smoothness, curb appeal.
    Alfa advantages: everything that makes a driver's car: braking, handling, road feel, acceleration, responsiveness.

The bimmer feels and drives like a much larger, heavier SUV while the Alfa drives and feels like a sportscar. So if you want something to spend a lot of time in, pick the bimmer. If you want something that is fun to drive, nod goes to the Alfa. The fact that I have the latter and the wife now has the former is totally appropriate.

Q nice nice on your posting above I did in joy reading .
  • pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,555
    It's such a great feeling when everything just falls into place like that. I enjoyed following along too. 

Pressure now goes to @stickguy ;)
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Congrats! Sounds like you’ve got a good combination of vehicles!
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • DrivingfoolDrivingfool Member Posts: 227
    A bunch of us would also have a bunch more posts in here if not for the screw up that Edmunds.com with the last few tech updates. Don't quite get that still to be honest how a big company like this can not once, but twice, screw up this sort of thing and just loose folks accounts!! Makes no sense at all!

I don't do well under pressure....

Sandy, you still exist. That's what really counts.

I just got back into my old Yahoo account but there's about 18K emails since I last used it. Have been going backwards but taking a long [non-permissible content removed] time!!
    Q, congrats. We are kinds in the same boat in terms of figuring out which of a bunch of options is right. But like your wife, when we sit in something we want, it's obvious. Usually expensive too of course, but that is something to deal with. Thankfully budget is a little flexible. There is what I want to pay, what it way too much to do, and a sliding scale in between.

would be nice if it was cheap enough to buy, but I don't think the cost of what we want on a CPO is going to get low enough for that.

Found an old post of mine but when I hit it, brings me right back to my "Driving Fool" sign in page. So guess I can not go back to those old posts after all as my old screen name automatically brings up my new screen name. Strange that I couldn't get the old and new back together. Well, guess the "Sandman6472" is gone forever!
    Anyways, since my wax guy is no longer around, found a local guy to come over Thursday and do both vehicles for $50 each. The A3 is filthy as she drove through some mud or something and the bottom is just covered in the mess, just not something I want to mess with. Mine is always in good shape so it'll be easier for him to do. She starts up with Turbo Tax tomorrow so will be home everyday for months.

I just got back into my old Yahoo account but there's about 18K emails since I last used it. Have been going backwards but taking a long [non-permissible content removed] time!!

log out entirely. then sign in new using the sandman Email address (you probably need to follow the steps from the initial cut-over) since you have the Email active, no reason you shouldn't be able to do that.

Agree with all above stick guy.
  • au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,381
    Congrats Q! That’s a great deal on a great car!

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

Good morning all have an good week
    Carvana coming for the LR tomorrow. Hope they don't mind my wife won't be here.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085
    For many people, getting rid of a Land Rover might be a cause for celebration! ;)

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

@jpp5862 - Did you take your Tacoma on any off roading adventures this weekend? Thoughts at the 200 mile mark?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

qbrozen said:

Carvana coming for the LR tomorrow. Hope they don't mind my wife won't be here.

Went quick. I’m considering having them come early next week. I can do without a car through year end, and being housebound would definitely get me moving to Purchase!

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,388
    @stickguy - did I miss the post where you told us what the pool of potential options was down to?
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    Nope. It’s like the finalists in the miss America pageant. A closely guarded secret.

I can say that jaguar E-pace was briefly on the short list, but after more thinking got removed.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,388
    The suspense!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    I think the QX50 is dead too. Was a good deal, but really didn’t “speak” to either one of us.

My MO however is to analyze, then over analyze, and do a spreadsheet to nail down a short list (3-4 tops).

Then randomly buy something not on the list because I felt like it.

stickguy said:

I think the QX50 is dead too. Was a good deal, but really didn’t “speak” to either one of us.

My MO however is to analyze, then over analyze, and do a spreadsheet to nail down a short list (3-4 tops).

Then randomly buy something not on the list because I felt like it.

A lot of pressure now, since your fellow Jersey resident scored the $360/mo. deal on the X2. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Since it was sunny yesterday, I took the Prelude to pick up 2 of my kids from Hebrew school. I liked it so much, that I piled all 3 of them in it plus my 9 year old's goalie equipment. Dropped my daughter off at a play date & headed to an away game about 1/2 hour north of me (Bridegport). The car drives great!

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    ab348 said:

For many people, getting rid of a Land Rover might be a cause for celebration! ;)

I think "dodging a bullet" is the term that comes to mind.