Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• stickguystickguy Posts: 13,596
    just for the heck of it, go drive an RDX. I am curious to know what you think of it. I find the roadholding quite good, keeping in mind any SUV is going to feel less "planted" than your 328. But I can guarantee you will be just as happy with the thrust when you bury your right foot. This baby gets up and scoots.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,579
    Drove one of these to the Mercedes dealer today and was amazed at the smoothness of it, was like driving a magic carpet, totally incredible! Was about to go in and look at the new CLA but my coworker came out and we had to go. Think I learned a valuable lesson today in that I am probably going to move up into a more lux vehicle to get what I really want next time and an econobox is just not gonna cut it anymore. Might just have to spend a bit more and get a nicer vehicle but it'll have to be in the 180" range as I won't go into the midsize category as they are just too big for me. Right now, the VW Tiguan and Mini are starting to look very doable and the couple I saw at the Sixt outer lot today were absolutely beautiful...I fell in love again!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,198
    Sandman, don't you have back issues ? You might want to reconsider the Mini.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,111
    I can totally picture you "Rollin' in a Benz" Sandy;). Go for it when you are ready! You deserve it my friend!

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

Ok. RDX added to the potential test drive list. You guys are going to get sick of my ramblings at some point;)

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

it is OK. living vicariously is the only living I am going to be getting for the foreseeable future (car wise at least!)

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

Just did a quick search & found quite a few CPO 328xi Sedans for sale with less than 30K miles for $25K.

• breldbreld Posts: 1,131
    Ha! You got me there!

I guess to be specific, we have an E90 and an E91, so not totally redundant. : )

2014 Passat - 2010 328xi M-sport wagon manual - 2008 A3 - 2009 Ody

• breldbreld Posts: 1,131
    I can certainly appreciate you may be in the mood for something different when your lease is up, but for $25k, a CPO 328xi may be perfect - and may have a longer warranty than a new Honda.

And by the way, I for one don't get tired of your ramblings - it's gonna be fun hearing of your journey toward an eventual purchase.

2014 Passat - 2010 328xi M-sport wagon manual - 2008 A3 - 2009 Ody

• Agreed - don't stop the ramblings!
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,579
    Yes, and they are pretty severe at times but I love the look of the new Mini and want something totally not me. I'm sure I'll be changing my preferences a bunch of times before now and when I do eventually purchase. Logically i know that an econobox is the prudent thing to do and the wife agrees but the car lover in me wants more and I think I can make everyone happy with my eventual choice but I've still got a few years here, as I just rolled over to 45k this week. Hopefully my job will keep going strong, though with the lack of work lately I am a bit scared, and I'll be able to keep driving these cool vehicles so I will know exactly what I want...and can afford!

But I always have to keep my spinal issues in the equation as I need a vehicle I can get into and actually drive!

The Sandman

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• ohenryxohenryx Posts: 285
    I assume this is some sort of spoof? My first thought was spam, advertising of the worst sort, but after actually reading the two posts, I think it is some sort of spoof.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,986
    Just good old spam.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,489
    In my travels yesterday, did a lap of the local Cadillac dealer. See if the '14 CTS was on the lot. Didn't see one, but I did see:

XTS with the "Presidential Package!:" Black car, complete fake convertible roof (four door, with sunroof) and gold emblems and pinstriping! Guess Obama's coming to town to buy this? I mean, this car is obviously not for the hoi poloi, as the windshield was wildly and colorfully marked noting its Presidential Pkg!

There are flames on my BMW!

Of course, no offense meant to those of you who may find this a worthy option...

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• ohenryxohenryx Posts: 285
    Are you, perchance, in Florida? I would think most of the potential customers for this "fake convertible roof" would be in Florida.

Obligatory disclaimer: No offense intended, of course. (smile)
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,489
    No, Florida North: South Suburban Boston. You know, home of the Red Sox and (according to some, worst ever) 4-0 Patriots! But, better to be a bad 4-0 than a really, really good 0-4!

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

There's an "Auto Shopper" Insert in today's NY Post. A BMW dealer on Long Island is advertising some interesting cars that might catch my eye if I'm in the market say... less than a year from now:

2011 328xi 18K miles $27,997
    2011 328xi 25K miles $28,444
    2011 335xi 29K miles $31,997

I'm sure if I focus my efforts the CPO route, I'll be able to buy a 2011 with 1/2 or less than 1/2 the (50K) miles my car will have CPO for less than my car's buyout.

well, I am a Giant's fan, so I know what a really bad 0-4 team looks like.

and hey, Caddy had to produce something for the traditional buyer. Like Lemko.

I just have trouble thinking of spending that much money on a 3 MY old car. Just seems like if I am blowing that much coin, I should be getting brand spanking new!