It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
MAZDA 3 ^ ^ ^ 2006 Wish List
IF you can get this forum sent to the Mazda designers & engineers, please do !
Keep in mind the pricing must stay below $20,000 US.
This is a list of several combined issues brought up in various forums.
1) Return to the Protege steering mechanism.
Will make it more fun to drive.
(This is a heavily discussed item) Users want a return of the awesome steering feel from the conventional belt-driven hydraulic assist. Users don't like the failed electrohydraulic steering "experiment".
2) *** Use the suspension from the Ford Focus SVT. Will add to it a Porsche level of handling.
3) The Protege had no body roll. It was flat in tight curves. Add some lowering springs.
This should help eliminate the body roll
that appeared as the Protoge evolved into the Mazda3. Ford SVT suspension would solve this.
4) Return to Protege seat adjuster cushion tilt knob
5) Redesign to eliminate the paint chipping
due to dirt "sandblasting" the side sill / skirt flares and rear bumber behind the tires.
6) Add alarm/remote starter
7) Better quality break rotors
8) Redesign the entire dash.
Current dash is too busy and harsh. Monitors are nnot pleasant to look at. The red lighting does not have mass appeal.
Radio/CD should allow owners to install their
own. Current dash design does not allow any other type. Very wierd.
7) Cold Weather Option: seats and mirrors
8) Safety Traction Control option
9) Bigger hatch handle and located above lisence plate. (People with snow gloves find small latch difficult)
10) Leather Seats are cheap plastic looking. Have the after market $900 seats become the standard leather.
11) Dampening noise in rear seat.
Find someway to do it!
12) Improve the visibility from drivers seat
out the back window.
13) 16" Wheels option
Less costly up keep than 17".
14) Add a less expensive 5 door entry model
Read this forum about steering and suspension.
mazdamp3 "Mazda3 vs. Protegé" Mar 13, 2004 2:44pm
PLEASE ADD TO THE LIST.