Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2006 Chevrolet Impala

Comments

• charts2charts2 Posts: 618
    How current is that info about the Impala/Monte Carlo regarding rear wheel drive and V8 engines....Lately information that I have found indicates that Chevy has decided not to go with a V8 with their freshened 06 Impala coming out in May next year, Motor trend just indicated that and Automotive news had a story about that just a few weeks ago. No V8 for the next Impala/Monte Carlo..
    My information indicates that the 06 Impala will be basically the same structured Impala that we have now (you have seen the spy pictures) the rear and front of the car will be freshened as well as the interior to be upgraded..engines are suppose to be the 3500 and 3900 v6...there was suppose to be 5300 aluminum v8 but I understand that has been axed...possible 6 speed automatic not sure....I believe it will be 2009 when the Impala and Monte Carlo have major revisions possible rear wheel drive on different platforms..Thee is talk of the Camaro returning in 2007 for its 40th anniversary and also a Chevelle model (which is really a Malibu) kind of confusing!
  • Funny you should say that "you really don't seem to know ehat you are talking about". Same thing might be said about you (unless you are a GM employee who has inside information). According to a long time automotive writer for the Detroit News yesterday, the 2006 Impala will be on the same platform as the current Impala. Also, GM is not planning on offering a RWD Impala until at least 2010.
  • Anything on the horizon of an Impala wagon? I'd like to remain loyal to Chevy and the Impala when it comes time to buy another car (probably in a couple of years), but even with a hefty GM Card rebate, the Dodge Magnum is going to look pretty tempting (especially after it's been out for a few years, and incentives are increased).
    I doubt you will ever see an Impala Wagon again. Nothing on the horizon for 2006 and beyond that I have heard. I believe the last one was made in 1990 (Caprice)....The Aveo, Malibu Maxx and the Chevy Equinox fill the bill for the Wagons, (hatchbacks) as well as the Trail blazer and the new HHR coming next year. Chevy has a lot of sorting out to do with all the models they have now..but no true station wagon like the magnum.
  • Admittedly if I were buying today, I'd take a good look at the Equinox (Malibu Maxx is just too plain looking somehow). I'm intrigued by the HHR, but how will it stack up size-wise? I'm thinking it's closer in size to the PT Cruiser, which would probably be too small for my needs.
  • setzersetzer Posts: 127
    It will be interesting to see how Chevy responds to the success of Dodge. Maybe they will try copying them with an Impala wagon, but I doubt that they will.
    There is nothing in the works for an Impala wagon. I don't think chevy is going to compete with the new dodge magnum or the Charger coming next year..Impala is staying front wheel drive with two 6 cylinder engines...There was a rumor that the 2006 Impala SS was going to have a 5300 aluminum v8, but it appears that might not be the case..My understanding is the 2006 Impala will debut at the Detroit auto show in January or the California show in Feb 2005...and be in production in May of 05'...it shouldn't be long before we see better spy photos of whats coming.
  • bh628bh628 Posts: 100
    I just saw some 2005 Impalas, with the Onstar antenna on the roof. Looks ugly, like a man's whisker from a beard on top.

But the big thing is the windshield--it looks smaller because of the black lining around it! That lining is the Onstar antenna! It's actually making the usuable view smaller. For adding a safety feature, I think it's making the driving less safe!

I don't understand why some '05s have this configuration and some don't. Does anyone know the answer? GM told me Onstar is standard on all '05 Impalas. It was optional on the base one before. They can't tell me if I can see online which '05s have the Impala has the antenna on the top, and which one doesn't.

I am angry about this, I feel they ruined the car. GM has a financial agreement with Onstar, and they are pushing this on the public. You can't buy the car without this windshield lining, and can't remove it either.
    I don't know anymore about this then you do. My understanding is the 2005 Impala will be a short production only until May 95, then the 2006 comes out....The spy shots I have seen of the 2006 GM cars they all have the onstar antenna on the roof. I don't have any info on the windshield that you describe
    Hopefully Chevy keeps making some improvements to this car every year or so, or it will soon fall by the competition wayside. 6 model years was way too long for upgrades and improvements in the last Impala. From most of the tests I have seen on the 2006 Impala the brakes need to be made larger, to handle the extra weight the car has gained. 138 feet from 60-0 is last place by todays standards in its group. Also the front seats definetly need side support in the SS similar seats to the Pontiac GXP to make it feel like a super sport. Chevy needs to listen to the testers to keep this car a top seller.
  • hvan3hvan3 Posts: 630
    2006 Impala will debut at the LA Auto Show in early January. I can't wait to see what it looks like.....I'll post some photos for all to see.
  • crosley4crosley4 Posts: 295
    kool,

lookin forward to seeing some real photos.

These spy shots we see do not show anything worth looking at
  • ehaaseehaase Posts: 328
    I understand that the February 2006 issue of Car and Driver already has a picture of the Impala. I probably won't get my copy in the mail until late next week.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Yes, its one exterior shot. The vehicle looks more attractive, but fairly chunky/fat.

~alpha
  • vanman1vanman1 Posts: 1,397
    Can't wait to see this car. I'm really hoping for a high quality interior and some good nips and tucks.
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    I strongly suspect that the Impala will have the LS4 V8 because the GP will have it in the GXP model. I would expect the powertrains to include the 3500 and 3900 as well. If you want to know what features the Impala SS will offer you can look at the '06 GXP. I doubt the Impala will offer anything different from the GP, but it shold have a better interior. If the cobalt is any indication of where Chevy interiors are going I would expect the Impala to have a nice interior. The Malibu's interior isnt bad, it just needs better gauges and more color.
  • There's a pic of the 06 Impala up at C&G.
    One post at the chevrolet news forum indicates that the 2006 Impala engine lineup is: 3500 V6 210 HP......3900 V6 240 HP.......SS 5300 V8 303 HP......13 more then the Pontiac GXP...thats the latest rumour.
  • hvan3hvan3 Posts: 630
    I went to a Cadillac dealership to check out the new STS. While there, I decided to check out the new Buick LaCrosse. The exterior looks like crap, but the interior was impressive! I was really surprised. If GM can make the interior of the Impala look similar to the LaCrosse, GM has a winner.

Pricing is key. Sweet spot is $25K for a fully loaded LS. Anything more than that will require rebate to move them out! Nowadays, you can get a Maxima SE for under $25K with rebate.