Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2006 Chevrolet Impala

Comments

• offerred in the Impala Yet?

Also, when you change gears, what on the Dash tells you what gear you are in. I saw this on a last gen Lexus GS and it looked cool. It looked like a grear follower with a light on what gear you are in, not just a few lights that show up when you change.

Thanks.
  • 06fasst06fasst Posts: 48
    WHAT kinda issue have you had i have an 06 ss with some issues i am just wondering if they are the same, i have filed a complaint with the BBB and GM
  • drat19drat19 Posts: 28
    My apologies for not responding sooner...for various reasons I haven't visited this forum in several weeks.

[quote="zjim"]Were the HuskyLiners for the '06 Impala a custom "drop-in", or did you have to trim them to fit? I hate to pay that kind of money for a "universal fit" floor mat. No offense, I know you said that they were a perfect fit, but I'm very fussy about this type of accessory. Do they have the "step plate" texture to them? I'm most concerned about covering the drivers side raised portion where your left foot rests while driving. Also, do they protect the raised floor just in front of the seat?[/quote]

No offense taken. They're a custom "drop-in" specifically for the '06 Impala and GXP (twins, at least in the floor areas), and they do have the "step plate" texture. They do cover where your left foot rests while driving. However, they do NOT cover the raised floor just in front of the seat, nor the raised floor right next to the door/entry. So, you still run the risk of stainage at those spots. But, it's still an excellent compromise that *mostly* does the job.
  • jz68jz68 Posts: 61
    What kind of issues have you had that led you to file a complaint with the BBB? I had the clicking behind the instument panel and have heard of others having problems with the heated sets and radio, but that's harldy cause to file a complaint with the BBB.
    sunroof sunshade warped, water leaks in truck via rear winsheild, rear window defogger not working gear shifter jammed passanger door not closing correctly key fobs not functional, tire pressure monitor not functioning, dealer not resolving issue in timely manner or ordering the right parts, bring car to dealership for the same items over and over again. engine is fine so far, car is fast i will say
  • charts2charts2 Posts: 618
    Did you buy this 2006 Impala brand new? You seem to have problems of a car thats been in accident. These are common problems of a car after a rear end collision. Water leaks in the trunk, warpage, rear window defroster not working, door won't close properly etc. During the past 2 months there have been a few 2006 Impalas on ebay for sale that have been in accidents and selling at a reduced prices. Buyers beware!
    no no accidents just one of the first off the line is what i am assuming and according to the vin that assumtion is correct
  • dispencer1dispencer1 Posts: 489
    I took delivery of my 2LT Impala the other day and stopped by the local Toyota dealer to talk with a salesman friend. He had three Avalons on the lot including a base model at about $27,000. My Impala cost $22,800. The specs are about the same except for the 4 cu ft difference in the Avalon trunk (the rear seat room had to come from someplace) and the bigger engine with better gas economy (22/31). The rear seats don't fold down though and I carry real estate signs. I told him that if I was still commuting and was trading every three years I'd have gotten the Avalon because of resale value but I'll probably keep the Chevy 5-6 years so it won't make much difference. Has anybody driven both cars or considered an Avalon?
    there is a new tsb on the seat heaters for those people having issues, fortunately i am not as of right now mine warm up just fine!

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/General-Motors/1141113600000_1141891200000_06-08-50-0- 02A/index.html
  • poncho167poncho167 Posts: 1,178
    Also beware of flood damaged auto's as well. There are over 200,000 flood damaged cars from New Orlean's out there.
    no not flooded either i met and spoke with the previos owner and he is just one of those guys that always trades like me
  • steve333steve333 Posts: 200
    Hello, I checked some other messages that mention a clicking noise coming from the dashboard. I don't know if this is the same thing but I noticed that after using the car for some errands after the third restart of the car or so I will notice a clacking or tapping sound coming from the engine at idle. The car before this time is quiet, and the noise only starts after I've started and stopped a few times, turning the engine off each time.
    Its a brand new car with less than 200 miles on it so I am a little surprised that it is making a noise at all. I just want to make sure it isn't a piston problem or something.

I also notice that the steering is very tight at parking speed, and that the wheel doesn;t snap back to center after making a turn, it almost seems dead. Regular steering seems fine if a little stiff.
    The interesting thing is that the brochure doesn't even mention what kind of steering the Impala uses-is it speed sensitive (if it is it ain;t wotking!), is it electric?
    Thanks for any info.
  • 66novss66novss Posts: 12
    Do you have the SS(with the V8) or the other models with the V6? There is a TSB on engine noise with the V6 engine. No electric steering on the Impalas, might want to have your dealer look at that.
  • jz68jz68 Posts: 61
    Here we go again. I'd just stopped thinking about the mysterious dead battery problem I had a month ago and my car gives me something else to annoy me. When I started the car after coming out of a store I had nothing but static on all terrestrial radio stations (XM was working fine). After shutting off the car and letting it sit for a few minutes it was working again. :mad:

Anyone heard of this problem?
  • jntjnt Posts: 316
    jr68,

Check posting #1205 on Impala Radio forum: there is a TSB on Impala radio relating to "start-up" problem with the DSP IC inside radio that may cause reception problem among other things. When you shut the car down, you basically restarted the radio again. That may fix the problem until next time.

jt
    I looked up the TSB on 2006 Impala's and couldn't come up with anything.
    I have the 2LT with the smaller V6 (211HP)
  • dispencer1dispencer1 Posts: 489
    I took delivery of my 2LT last week and so far so good. No static on the radio, no clicking sounds, etc. CU commented on the "unsettled ride" amd the wind whistle. I've had it up to 75 on a windy day and I get the normal wind sound I have in the Cadillac Deville and other cars I've driven. Nothing out of the ordinary. The ride is perfectly normal as well -smooth on good roads and you can feel bumps through the wheels on bad roads but the car itself is steady. I frankly don'y know what CU is talking about.
    Sales of the 2006 Impala/Grand Prix/Cadillac STS slowed in February increasing inventories from 55 day supply to 78 day supply on these cars. Sales expectations are lower then expected. DC & Toyota sales increased in the same time period.

The car connection indicates March 13th that the auto workers in Canada have accepted the offer to GM to build the next generation Camaro. GM will decide soon to build the Camaro (Zeta) and the next generation Impala/Monte Carlo starting in 2009 at their Oshawa facilities as 2010 models. GM indicates the next Impala will probably be AWD. Interesting....
  • tacoman1tacoman1 Posts: 6
    Bought the '06 Impala SS a little under 2 weeks ago. Nothing else out there in the under $28k range with the power speed fun ratio. I love that the car isn't noticed really. That was a selling point for me. The wind noise wasn't a big detractor. Window tint greatly reduced the noise levels. Had to do that being here in AZ.
    Love the car already have 1000+ miles.
    Thank you very very much. I printed it out and will show it to my dealer.
    I guess Chevy doesn't tell people about TSB's unless they notice the problem.
  • I have had my LTZ for about six months. In that time I have had a tire replaced (twice), tires balanced 4 or 5 times, and the alignment redone 3 times. That is not even taking in the other times that message lights have pulled me to the dealership. I had used the remote start only to find that when I went to leave I had a light on telling me the engine had overheated. The temperature gauge registered NOTHING. I just had the service traction control message for the second time. The powertrain was an issue according to the diagnostic run by ONSTAR. The heated seats have yet to work properly, even though they were supposedly fixed with updated software and now I am waiting to see what is done when the car is in next week for the latest sensor to be replaced. The salesman (a good friend that I trust) is telling me that there is a recall on the seats now---guess they must really think they can fix them this time.
    I had an '03 Impala that I loved. This one, though, is one of the biggest car mistakes I ever made. I am seriously trying to figure out how to trade without losing too much. It is pretty bad when one can't pull out of a driveway without the car dying and message lights coming on.
    My other complaint is that only one of the message lights that I have encountered have ever shown up on the car's computer data.
    I guess the only thing good I can find is I have not had the clicking noises so many have complained about in these messages.
    I am very disappointed hearing of the problems people are having with their new Impalas. It seems that there are just as many issues with this 2006 Impala (just different) that plagued many of the 00-05s. Sure there will be glitches but with the number of problems continually popping up with this car, re; reliability/quality issues, its time that GM understands that quality is the key component in building a reputation that sells cars that encourages the consumer to buy again. You would think that after nearly 100 years of building cars Chevy would have it down by now. Its obvious Toyota/Honda not been around even half that time, continue to get thumbs up with every car/truck comparison thats made. They know what it takes to keep consumers happy and coming back. Quality/Reliability/Value. They learn from the mistakes that the big 3 continue to make. Come on GM you can do better then this!
  • bh0001bh0001 Posts: 340
    Just passed over the 2month and 5000km mark with my LTZ. I've had zero problems. I had an '01 LS before, and my new LTZ is head and shoulders above that car. I can't get over how much I love this car.

I guess the real question is did I get a uncommonly good '06, or have some of the others posting here gotten uncommonly bad '06s? I suppose time will tell.
    Actually the clicking sound (which from the TSB seems to be an easy dealer fix) is the only problem I have had. The rest of the car has been flawless.
    Its unusual for a new car to have zero problems. This one little barely audible clicking sound that there is a fix for is not a problem for me.
    Everything else is working great and the car feels like a tank, which is good driving over crappy NY roads!
    I didn't say that it should have zero problems. I said there will be glitches but it seems right now there are many experiencing the same problems. Its a known fact that first year models will experience more issues then later production cars, but GM has a history of not solving problems quickly when they arise. I hope that Chevy gets these issues resolved for those that have clicking dashboards and seats that won't heat etc., and have fixed these problems now for those Impalas rolling down the assembly line today. I am sure though by mid June when the 2007 production begins the next years models will have these problems figured out.
  • poncho167poncho167 Posts: 1,178
    There may some issues with this new model but keep it in perspective.

Check out the Honda forum for the new Civic and you will see several issues of complaints including noises in the front end, loud engine noise, etc. The Civic was delayed in it's introduction for other problems found before release. The Accord is notorious for bad transmissions. At the Toyota forum there was a couple who had problems with their new Corolla's steering locking up that required a new steering column, etc.
    Keep it in prospective?. Alright, Honda/Toyota have been higher rated for several years in quality/resale value by every car magazine & road test TV show out there. I know you will say they are all biased. Whats to be biased about? GM spends millions advertising in Motor Trend, Car & Driver, Road & Track etc. and still rated below Toyota/Honda when comparisons are made, and watch out for this Korean Sonata. I have always been a chevy guy but not afraid to give credit to car companies that have been around for less time, from foreign countries spanking the US manufacturers on their own turf, by American consumers who love Japanese products. Sure they all have issues but getting to be #1 and #2 in sales year after year the american public must know what they like. GM, Ford & DC have to do better then fitting in the middle somewhere. Thats where they have been the last 20 years. GM was the measuring stick for automobiles not too many years ago. My main complaint with GM is that when problems arise they take their time in fixing them. Nothing made up here. Sometimes the truth hurts.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,157
    Please check Odyssey, Pilot, Accord discussions for examples of things that don't "get fixed" fast.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,157
    Please check Odyssey, Pilot, Accord discussions for examples of things that don't "get fixed" fast.

>GM is that when problems arise they take their time in fixing them