Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legacy GT Limited vs. Acura TSX and TL

Comments

• It's funny you say that about the pedal. I took the plunge and test drove a BMW 325i and 330i today. I didn't notice the pedal beeing as stiff as it was on that TL.

I know this isn't a BMW comparison board, but I have to say that I've always thought that all the talk about BMW was just hype. I found out today that it is not. The 325i had a good feel to it, but the Legacy GT would blow its doors off. (Yes, I'm a bit of a speed junky.) Then I got behind the wheel of the 330i, and now I have a problem. The feel of the car was almost a perfect blend of luxury and performance. Now I have to decide if it is approx. $10k better than the GT. :confuse:
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    "I didn't notice the pedal beeing as stiff as it was on that TL."

Hmm...maybe the Japanese have out-Germaned the Germans. ;)
  • krzysskrzyss Posts: 843
    When I have enough money I will buy myself BMW 330 or M3.
    For now Legacy GT must suffice.

Krzys
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I'd add the MazdaSpeed6 to your shopping list, though it didn't do well in a C&D comparo (the TSX beat it in the group ratings) and in a Motor Trend comparo (the Legacy GT beat it head-to-head).

Still, try one out and form your own opinion.

C&D's group was odd to me, they put an Accord and a G6 in the group?

-juice
  • Part of the dilemma is that fact that you could literally go to Europe 3 times for the price difference between the two.

Gotta weigh the opportunity costs...what items/experiences do I value more than a car, and vice versa.
  • Not only is the out the door price going to be way different but the "out the door again" and again and again price of the service shop visits will be significantly more for the BMW vs. the LGT or the TL.

I thought it was worth noting that in the recent MT comparo of the BMW 330I ($42.3K), the Lexus IS 350 ($45.5K) and the Mercedes C350 Sport ($40,795)only the IS 350 was quicker 0-60 than the Spec B they tested in the same issue. The Spec B was in a seperate article(compared against the Mazada Speed 6). Now the Bimmer did beat up on the Spec B in the slalom 67.5 mph vs. 66.5 but in their figure 8 the Subie put up 26.4 sec @ .66 g ave. versus the Bimmer's 26.5 sec @ .68 g ave.

I understand the feel may well be different in these cars but I think you could hang with any of these cars in an Spec B or LGT and not be "way" out of place. Also worth noting (since the fuel prices seem to be headed up again) MT observed 20.8 mpg in the Spec B compared to 19 in the BMW, 18 in the Lexus, 16 in the Benz and 19.8 in the Mazdaspeed 6.
    To be fair, 4 years of free maintenance are included, but it is basically built-in to the price.

-juice
  • you should seriously consider Bridgestone S-03 pole position tires.

AMAZING. Read about them anywhere
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    September 2004!?!?

Yes, I've heard that the S-03's are excellent tires. However, I sold the Acura 8 months ago... :blush:
    Check out the new R&T magazine, yowsah, the spec.B is for real! 0-60 in 5.1s, the only car to hit 120mph, and the best autocross times.

This in a field of Bimmers, Audis, and Lexus cars.

It took 2nd overall to the Audi, but it won their price-sensitive pick easily.

-juice
  • johnny420johnny420 Posts: 473
    Only 500 to be available in the U.S. though, right? R&T really did like this "sleeper" car.
    Yep, just 500. They are still a few left around me.

Next year it's supposed to get a 6 speed manual and some other minor upgrades. Probably this fall.

-juice
  • I'm considering purchasing a Spec.b (or a Mazdaspeed 6) and I'm interested in knowing more about the possibility of the Spec.b being "offered with a 6 speed and other upgrades." Do you know where I can get any more info on this? -Much appreciated, m.
    I just saw it in person yesterday. Looks great.

It got the 6 speed from the STI (near bullet-proof), the Torsen rear diff, and SI-Drive.

That last one sounds like a Honda model but it's basically a throttle mapping software.

That black/blue leather look and feel great. Grippy, too. I loved it.

-juice
  • krzysskrzyss Posts: 843
    about gear ratios? For the 6 speed, of course.

Krzys
  • kenskens Posts: 5,869
    No info that I know of but it is most likely modified from the STi. I think the press release mentions that much.

Ken
  • sglsgl Posts: 6
    I had a 2005 GT limited 5spd. It was a great car and a blast to drive. Unfortunately, most of my driving was to the shop. Problems with the steering, problems with the computer module, problems with the fan regulators. I just got tired of bringing it in. I bought a TSX (which I originally drove in my comparison when shopping for the GT). It may not have the performance of the Subie, but it's a great car and if Acura/Honda reputation is true, I'm done going to the shop. I just wish I bought it to begin with.
    Sorry to hear about that, you did have a v1.0 model, FWIW. Most of them are reliable, though we hear a lot of whining about HAL the climate control-freak.

Better luck with the TSX.

-juice
  • vsromanvsroman Posts: 95
    Any thoughts on how far back I should go in Model Years? This will be my "bad weather" car and what is most important to me is:

Heated Seats
    Heated Steering Wheel (do they offer this?)
    Leather
    Great Audio (how is the stock audio on a GT limited?)

Is there a specific package that you'd all recommend?

Were there any major fixes in 06 or 07 that would prevent you from recommending a used 05?

Thanks for your recommendations.
This discussion has been closed.