Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legacy GT Limited vs. Acura TSX and TL

1192021222325»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Limiteds all have heated leather seats. So those two are resolved.

Heated steering wheel, no. You do get heated mirrors and windshield wiper de-icers, though. They call that the AWP, or All-Weather Package.

Audio isn't really a strong point, you could get a MacIntosh stereo on VDC Outbacks, but not on a Legacy GT.

06 had some safety upgrades that improved side impact scores measurably. 07s got satellite radio as an option plus an aux input for an iPod.

-juice
  • vsromanvsroman Posts: 95
    Guess I'll have to save some $ for my local stereo shop! My price range is leading me to a 2005. Not much money left after recently buying my summer car (2001 Vette! :)

I've seen some pretty nice 05's 30-40K mileage range in the mid to upper teens.

Seems like a fun car for the money with a fairly luxury interior. Exterior looks just so-so but that seems to be true of most Suburu's. They truly are wolfs in sheeps clothing...

Any thoughts on reliability? Will I be making many visits to the Dealer? Do they use standard oil (every 3K miles) or synthetic? It's been nice visiting the BMW dealer once per year on my leased X3.
  • Exterior looks just so-so but that seems to be true of most Suburu's. They truly are wolfs in sheeps clothing...

Absolutely true. I used to see a Legacy and not ever really focus on it - now that I know what's under the hood, I think it's got a geat, understated look.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I believe the intervals vary, 7500 miles for non-urban and if you don't do short trips, otherwise cut that in half. But 3750 makes it tough to remember.

Subaru had gasket issues up until about MY2002, but not since. The turbo engines (EJ257) have been great. Other issues (wheel bearings on 02 and earlier Foresters and 01 and earlier Imprezas) didn't affect the Legacy. It's a pretty solid car.

-juice
This discussion has been closed.