Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Sonata 2006-2007

Comments

• ckellerckeller Posts: 6
    they claim that this engine needs diff service than my 03
    sonata lx did.but my big concern is the vibration in seat
    and steering wheel when stopped at a light.I have had it to
    another dealer for this problem and they think Iam nuts.
    But friends who ride with me say i am correct.I just hate to go in and have say i don't have a problem.If this happens i will trade the car and never buy the azera or any other hyundai again.
    ckeller
  • tb88tb88 Posts: 242
    Do you use the same Gas Station... it could be contaminated fuel. Try a different station/grade and see if the problem goes away!
    Just a thought!
  • mamamia2mamamia2 Posts: 698
    V6 engines should not have ANY vibrations at idle speed. The 4 cyl. have SOME (like mine), which is the nature of 4 cyl. engines. But not the 6.

You need to check it and fix it. It may be a faulty fuel injector. Or yes, it might be bad gas....
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,623
    Could also be something like a bad hydraulic motor mount. In any case, it's not normal. The V6 engine on the Sonata LX I drove was glass-smooth at idle and on the road.
  • djdublmdjdublm Posts: 19
    Im looking to find a set of 2006 LX wheels i currently have a 2006 GLS 4cyl with the 16inch rims and like the look of the 17"s any help would be appreciated..
  • bobadbobad Posts: 1,587
    dj, someone will probably trade you straight up. Quite a few people like the 16's because they ride a little quieter and smoother.
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Posts: 804
    Hyundai has just posted their incentives for April.

April Incentives

The rebate on the V6 is now $2000, the financing rebate on the Sonata is $1000 with advertised interest rates of 2.9% to 4.9%. The valued owner rebate is down to $500. There is a lease offer of $199/mo on all Sonata GLS models and a "see your dealer" on the LX.

And Backy, $1000 rebate on all 2006 Accents! ;)
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    17.5K units moved - Nice!!!

:)
    Great deals on those V6s! It's clear Hyundai is trying to move those. Only $1000 total incentives on the I4s.

Do you realize that if you can get invoice pricing on a GLS V6, that puts the price at $16,331 and 2.9% financing for 60 months if you take HMFC's financing and qualify for the loyalty rebate? Wow. That means for just a few hundred bucks more than an invoice + rebates deal on a GLS I4 (no options), you can get a fully loaded GLS V6 with moonroof, power seat, 17" alloys, and Homelink.

There was $1000 on the Accent last month too... they need to add a loyalty rebate! :)
  • johnap2johnap2 Posts: 105
    A common misconception is invoice price is a good deal. The dealer is still making plenty of money at invoice (not true dealer cost) price. Always start negotiations at true dealer cost, not invoice :D
    I was using invoice because it is a known figure, easily researched. Lower is better of course. "True dealer cost" is not as easy to pin down. Can you tell us the true dealer cost for the Sonata?
  • tbear503tbear503 Posts: 70
    OMG! Take a look at the Lexus pictures under "Car Reviews" on this site. The Sonata looks better all the time!
  • averigejoeaverigejoe Posts: 559
    http://www.hyundaiusa.com/financing/specialoffers/special_offers.aspx

Looking at the incentives there, it appears a buyer of the LX Sonata can get the factory rebate of $2000 OR get the super financing (which includes not only the low rate, but also the HMFC financing rebate of $1000). Then after choosing which of those you want, you can also get the $500 valued owner rebate if you can qualify. So, for valued owners, that's either $2500 or $1500 available, but NOT $3500 for April purchases.
    Am I confused about the meaning of the incentives as shown in that table?
    From reading about purchases last month, it seems buyers got the factory rebate of $1000, plus the finance rebate of $1000 (but maybe not at a low rate?), plus (if qualified) the valued owner $1000. That is $3000 total for March purchases.
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Posts: 804
    You hit the nail on the head. Overall the incentives compared to last month seem a little down, but you don't have to jump through the HMFC hoops to get some of the money this month. Although if you do finance, the interest rates are definitely better. ;)
  • tinatinatinatina Posts: 388
    Hello,

For the GLS V-6, is it $2,000 cash rebate plus $1,000 rebate if financing through Hyundai, or is it $2,000 or $1,000 plus 2.9/4.9%. At Carsdirect.com, they indicated a total rebate of $3,000 (2k+1k).

Thanks,
    Shoot you are right--only $2500 maximum incentives, although the interest rate is better than last month. And Hyundai had almost sold another Sonata! Too bad.
  • tb88tb88 Posts: 242
    I think they started to realize how stupid they were with the $1,000 giveaway and 9% rate.
    They thought buyers were as smart as they were, and will therefore go along and pay the HIGH rate, to get that 1000!

Found this:
    FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. — Hyundai Motor America on Monday posted higher U.S. sales for March, helped mainly by a 53.8 percent jump in sales of its Sonata sedan.

The auto manufacturer, a unit of Korea's Hyundai Corp., sold a total of 41,766 units in March, up from 40,063 in March 2005. Hyundai's Sonata sales during the month leaped to 17,487 vehicles from 11,373 sold in the year-ago period.

The XG350 also proved popular, as sales grew to 2,401 units from 1,364 units in the prior-year quarter.

Sales of all other vehicles, including the Accent and Elantra sedans, declined.
  • johnap2johnap2 Posts: 105
    True dealer cost can vary depending on holdback, manufacturer-to-dealer incentives, and Hyundai finance to dealer incentives. These change fairly often and it requires a bit of research to figure it out. I bought my car in August, so if I remember right the true dealer cost for my I4 GLS with option package 4 (sunroof/power seat) was around 18,500. I believe invoice was around 19,500 or so, but it has been 8-months so I do not remember the exact amount.

If I get some extra time I will figure out an updated figure and post it for you.

John
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,563
    Also a common misconception is that every car should be sold at the dealer cost plus a "reasonable" profit. Many more variables come into play such as market factors.

There are three types of people in this world. Those who are good at math and those who are not.

On the average, a dealer must sell cars at their cost plus a reasonable profit or they will go out of business. But they don't have to get the same amount of profit from everyone. ;)