Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S80 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    Please visit our regular Volvo S80 discussion, as this one is focused on pricing. You'll find current owners hanging out in the topic linked above.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I have a similar problem with my 99 S80. Through a process of elimination, my mechanic and I figured out that it is the stepper motor that sits on top of the rack and pinion that is blown. Also called the variable assist motor. Costs $75 to buy but labor is very expensive for this job. You do not have to change the entire steering rack.
    Good luck.
  • finnerfinner Posts: 10
    Just picked up my New Volvo S-80 from Bill Kidd's Volvo in Cockeysville, Maryland. Now is the time to purchase. Volvo is giving it's dealers $5000. rebate to move the S-80 In addition, if you are a current Volvo owner, (Volvo Loyalty S-80 Program) they will give you an additional $2000. Not necessary to trade a Volvo in, just be a Volvo owner.
  • Finner, How did you know about the $5K rebate and additional $2K loyalty.

Has anyone else seen these rebates?

I purchased a new XC90 in mid-April with similar rebates and managed to purchased the vehicle for more than 27% off MSRP ($13,700 off sticker). I've been happy with the XC90 and would love to replace my '01 buick regal with a S80 at similar savings.
  • lgj069lgj069 Posts: 7
    My 85 accord will not start.I replaced the fuel pump and it ran for one day.I have tested the sensors,ignitor,coil,distributor,alternator,main fuel relay
    and some other items I cant think of right now,still no start.It turns over just fine,but will not start!!HELP!!!!
    Thanx Larry
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,914
    Hi Larry...

Since this board is specific to Volvo S80 pricing, you might have better luck posting here: "No Start" Problems

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Finner, I also would like to know about the $5K rebate and $2k loyalty? My 2000 S80 was just totaled so I will be looking for a new car. Considering that according to both the police and body shop, the Volvo was responsible for me walking away with no injuries, I would like to get the same. The rebate and loyalty monies would very helpful!
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    For the loyalty rebate you need proof that you currently own a Volvo. so a current registration.
    The $5k is combined w/ the loyalty rebate,so total incentive is $7,000.
    Sorry it took so long to get back but, I was on vacation. I saw the car on another dealers lot with the price on the windshield. I spoke to the salesperson :) at this location but, wasn't impressed with the dealership. When I went to the dealership where I purchased, the dealer matched the price with no haggle.
  • johnjohn2johnjohn2 Posts: 2
    I just picked up a S80T with 78,000 on it froma a local dealer, not volvo, and I need to know what work should have been done or should be done soon...Car rides/looks awesome.
  • Finner, Best of Luck with the new wheels. Don't forget to report back after you have driven for a few miles.
    Shoresailing: Had the car for little over a month and has 1100 miles on it. Car rides like a dream and very quiet inside. Dealer told me to use regular gas and have had no problems. If fact, wife wants to drive it instead of her S-70 GLT. :)
  • My old 2000 S80 T6 is nearing 100,000 miles (we are the original owners). We bought the extended warranty from Volvo when we bought the car, and are glad we did as we have had some expensive repairs along the way. With the extended warranty, we only have to shell out $100 for each new incident (per our extended warranty). We wouldn't mind keeping the car a bit longer (maybe another 25,000 or 35,000 miles) but don't know if the extended warranty can be extended again or not. The local Volvo dealer said "no, don't think so". I am wondering if someone has any other experience on this? Anyone ever extended an extended warranty?
  • martyfmartyf Posts: 10
    We own a 2004 XC90 and bought a 2006 S80 about 3 weeks ago. Drives very well and I like the 5 Turbo/5 Speed combo - the same as our XC90. I realize it is the end of this model but the deal was very good - a little over $7000 under invoice.
  • Hi, I tried very hard to extend mine, the dealer absolutely refused.
    I have a question on your extended warranty experience, however. For each repair, my dealer charges me both the deductable and the diagnostics work, which they claim isn't covered by the warranty, only the repair itself is covered. Is this consistent, I've had a lot done, thinking of going to small claims court to recoup the diagnostics fees (several thousand dollars) since I can't find any fine print in the warranty stating this.
  • Has anyone priced the new s80? Any current incentives?
  • Hello all, Local dealer has a 2.5T S80 in white with about 11,000 miles on odometer on sale for $30,995. I know that some of you out there have gotten similar price for a brand new S80. With redesigned S80 coming out soon, would $25,000 a fair offer on slightly used outgoing S80? I think $30,995 is waaaay too high. Also, how much is a Volvo extended warrnaty for a S80?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
  • billodbillod Posts: 31
    Just bought a 2003 T6 which has Eagle GT tires. The tires handle good but they are quite noisy. Any suggestions for quieter tires that handle well?
  • kiiwiikiiwii Posts: 283
    new S80 will be a slow seller. the current MSRP is a joke. I'm sure there will be a HUGE incentive few months after introduction. be patient.