Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Beetle Prices Paid and Buying Experience

13»

Comments

• I have a 2006 VW convertible; it opens but it won't lock so the light continues to flash and the beeper beeps......does anyone have suggestions or ideas? It has 25,000 miles; would it still be under warranty? When I bought it it worked fine but then all the sudden it just won't lock; it is all automatic. Thanks for any advice or help folks can give me......
  • 2006 VW cars should be under a 4 year, 50,000 mile warranty. This starts from the date the car was put in service. If you purchased the car new, then of course you know that date. If you purchased it used, I would take it to a VW dealer. They can check it on the computer records for VW and let you know if it is still in warranty.

By the way, I have a 2008 VW New Beetle Convertible which we love. Just bought my college daughter a used 2007 Jetta. I took it to my VW dealer (did not purchase it from that dealer), and they discovered the radiator had a very very small leak. They replaced the radiator for no charge, as it was still under warranty by about 500 miles (49,500 miles on the car). Great dealer!

Bel Air Car Guy
  • Hey! Thanks for the reply; I called the dealership in Spokane WA and gave them my vin number, etc. They said someone would call me back but after 4 days no one called. I purchased the car used but not at the VW dealership. I will give Appleway in Spokane another call and see if they can let me know if I am under the 4 years...glad you had a good experience with your dealer.
  • Actually, from VW's web site:

Basic Limited Warranty
    3 years / 36,000 miles (whichever occurs first) New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
    Wear & tear items and adjustments excluded after initial 12 months / 12,000 miles (whichever occurs first).

Wiper blades excluded after initial 6 months / 6,000 miles (whichever occurs first).

Powertrain:
    5 years / 60,000 miles (whichever occurs first) Powertrain Limited Warranty.

Corrosion Perforation:
    12-year, unlimited distance Limited Warranty Against Corrosion Perforation (except Routan).
  • benzserviceguybenzserviceguy Posts: 96
    edited September 2010
    Don't call Sales.

Call service. Ask for an advisor and give him/her the vin. They can answer your warranty questions.
    HOWEVER, the warranty is ONLY 3yrs or 36,000 miles WHICHEVER COMES FIRST!
    ONLY premium German Brands (Audi, MB, BMW) have a 4yr or 50K
    Same goes for Lexus, Acura, Infinity, Jag & Land Rover. -4yrs/50K
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,169
    VW used to have a 4/50 warranty...... and, not all that long ago. It wouldn't surprise me to find that was the case for an '06 model...

Even so, chances are slim that an '06 would be less than four years old..(though possible)..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• 2006 VW's all have a 4 year, 50,000 mile warranty. I own a 2007 Jetta, a 2008 New Beetle Convertible, both with this warranty. I also have a 2009 Jetta. In 2009 VW cut back to 3 years, 36,000 miles.

Check it out on Edmunds for the year and vehicle for original warranty information.

Bel Air Car Guy
  • i am approved at vw credit (c tier) as i use my credit a lot and have three open autos, make good money 12k per mo, im in the car business as job, own my own used car lot but im a car queer and love new cars so i always have 3-5 personal cars, im trying to lease or purchase new beetle turbo, scary thing about the new beetle js they are everywhere and selling with a few thousand miles for 5-7k less then new, and at auction they are selling same 5-7k less, found one in the color i like msrp is 31,125 inc trans fee, they said they will sell me the car for 28,891 invoice eat the 795 tranort fee, on 42 mo lease pymts are 447.37 before tax 15k at 51% residual, they telling me that rate is 6.4% lease, on buy 72 mos at 8.4% same car 571.66, trying to see if price is good deal and if anyone has cw credits base apr rates on each tier level for lease and buy so i can see id they are picking up points on interest, thank ypu
  • I bought our Beetle for $4,800, Had about 51,000 miles on it.....Did a few things to it since it sat in a lady's yard for 2 years straight. Her hubby didn't want her to drive it......whatever.
    Few problems with some sensors, replaced tires and other than that no problems. I kinda stay ahead of the game, replacing things before! they go bad:)
    It helps to know a real VW mechanic as well
13»