Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 7-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• you can confirm the deal by knowing the money factor /msrp and cap cost of the car.Also what is in the $2000 down/Is the 899 tax in?
  • located in florida. just drove the car on a 1200 mile road trip. Fantastic on the highway
  • I recently bought a Late 2003 (Aug 2003 in service) 745i blk/blk sport package with 21K miles (was a corporate executive car) for $40K.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks
  • I was actually seeing similiar deals, instead i opted for the 04 li, even though the mileage was higher, figured i'd rather have an 04 instead of an 03 for the same price...but your deal sounds fine to me. Enjoy!
  • this is the deal i have so far. is there any more room to go down?

2006 750i (new)
    sport
    convenience
    comfort access
    premium sound
    luxury seating
    rear shades
    hd radio
    satellite radio

residual 60%
    3 yr / 36k miles

msrp: $82790
    cap cost: $77760 (edmunds says invoice is $75585)

i am a first time leaser.

MF is .00215 but i will add 7 refundable security deposits ($7700) to bring the MF down to .00166
    monthly: $1074 (including tax)

drive off would be $10045
    refundable security would be $7700

i don't think there is much room in the MF but maybe the price?

RVD.
  • emauroemauro Posts: 9
    margin over invoice is 2.8% good
    might want to consider putting down one deposit of 1100.00
    mf would be .00200
    payment would be 1107 including tax. don't know your zip using 7% tax.
    Take the 7700.00 buy an i bond yielding 6.75 % you would be ahead $200.00 as opposed to giving it to bmw.
  • Congrats on not having one late payment (like most adults) on your curent car, but your view of the world is nuts and is going to impoverish you. Pay off the Jeep, keep it, attack the 100K loans, build equity in something, and forget about BMWs that you can't afford to rent (let alone buy).

Starting out like this, you're going wind up like half the MDs/JDs in America: buried up to their eyeballs in debt at 60, renting luxury cars on a 36 month treadmill that they can't get off of, and unable to enjoy life or contemplate retirement.
  • Looking at a '07 750i with the following features
    Sport Package
    Luxury Seating
    Comfort Access
    Premium Sound
    Convenience Package
    High Definition radio
    Satellite Radio

MSRP is $85,790
    "wholesale" is $79,440

The "wholesale price" contains 2 items I am unfamiliar with (1) MACO - $380 and (2) Training Service Fee $180 - are these bogus?

Also the Lease quote is $1500 over "wholesale" = $80,940 + $870 aquistion fee (which seems $245 too high based on the input I have seen on this forum that the acutal fee is $625) bringing the Adjusted Cap Cost to $81,810.

Money Factor seems in line at .0020 with security deposit and .00215 without. 58% residual with 15,000 miles on a 36 month lease, also appears fair.

My concern is the $850 in "extra fees" and if the "whlesale price" seems fair. I'm I being taken and ??
    Thanks for the input.
  • 1) Training fee and MACO are legitimate invoice charges.. The training fee is on every US BMW.. MACO is an advertising fee that varies by region/metro area.. Some dealers don't have it.. but that is rare.

2) I'm guessing the $870 includes $825 for acquisition fee and $45 for the document fee (California, right?). The acquisition fee is marked up the maximum $200 allowed by BMWFS (extra profit for the dealer).

3) With MACO, your "wholesale" price seems pretty close.. I didn't spec it out exactly, but it is definitely in the right range ($200 +/-)

.0020 is the base money factor... Be sure to make the security deposit... the MF bump is a bad deal..

Taking everything into account... if you get the base MF, then the deal is under $2K over "cost".. Not bad for an $85K car..

Did they quote you a payment? You'll want to see if the payment and the upfront money match all of the other numbers...

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Thanks for the info kyfdx, I appreciate it.

To answer your Qs - the payment with $3,094 drive off (which includes a $1250 security deposit) is $1,239.

Without the security drive off is $1,865 ($1229 less, not sure how that worked??) and payment is $1,261

This is $22 per month more x 36 month = $792 over life of the lease. By my calculations if I do NOT put down the deposit I am ahead $437 -- $1228 (less drive off)- $792 (increased payment). So why would I want to put the security deposit down as you indicted?

Thanks again,
    ajgolf
  • I need your help!!!!!
    I'm leasing a 2007 750LI, MSRP$78,100 + Convenience pkg $1,000 + 19' wheels $1,300 + Sat Radio $595 + Destination charge $695 Total $81,690.

Question: Having I a good deal if give $1,000 TOP and the payments will be $1,100 monthly, 36 months, 10,000 miles a year.........???????

If not, where I can get a better deal...???

Thanks and merry christmas
  • At the end of the lease... you get the security deposit back..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Dear kyfdx:
    No, i'm not getting anything back at the end.
    Thx
  • What is generally better, when driving high mileage (30k/year). To buy or lease?

Thanks

Herbert
  • frank36frank36 Posts: 3
    40,000 miles, BMW certified, with nav, conv. pkg, Lux Seat Pkg, has smokers package, I could not smell any smoke, I don't smoke...for $45,500.
    Can someone tell me if this is a good deal, or should I wait for an '05.
    Thanks in advance.
  • iceman2iceman2 Posts: 23
    In the Chicago area - BMW dealer has a NEW leftover 2006 750i. They want it off the lot and willing to deeply discount. I'm having a hard time finding new pricing/invoice info on '06's. Looking to negotiate a steep discount, then a great lease. The car's sticker as follows:

Car $71,800
    Luxury Seating
    Premium Sound
    Comfort Access
    Satellite
    Rear Shade
    Total MSRP $79,990

Any thoughts on price to offer?
  • bigfacebigface Posts: 1
    I'm in the Chicago area and in the market for an 07 750 Li w/ the following:

Lease terms: 36 months
    Mileage: 15,000 per year
    Registered in: Chicago, Cook County, Illinois 60608
    Down Payment: $0.00
    Roll In: All taxes, license and transfer fees, etc.

Vehicle Specifications:
    Make and Model: BMW 2007 750Li Sedan
    Exterior Options: Sterling Gray Metallic (or titanium gray)
    Interior Options: Beige w/Nasca Leather (or cream beige)
    Trim: Dark High Gloss Wood Trim

* 4.8 liter DOHC, 32-valve, 360-hp
    * 8-cylinder engine
    * Bluetooth Compatible
    * Rear-wheel drive
    * Full list of Standard Features
    * BMW Ultimate Service™
    o 4-Year/50,000-mile Warranty
    o BMW Maintenance Program
    o Roadside Assistance Program
    o BMW Assist™

Added Options and Accessories:
    • Luxury Seating Package
    • Comfort Access
    • Premium Sound Package
    • DVD player
    • SIRIUS Satellite Radio
    • Night Vision
    • Mud Flaps
    • Phone integration
    • “iPod Your BMW” integration

Please help.
  • I have been trying to sell my 2001 740i for over a month now by posting it on cars.com, autotrader and craigslist.

I lowered the ASKING price to $100 less than kelley blue book private party average (i do live in New York city) and still no calls.

The car has 63,000 miles and in great shape.

Has anyone tried to sell a 7series themselves, any suggestions?
  • I just bought a 740 from a wholesaler for pennies on the dollar. I think that you can save a bundle purchasing a vehicle from a wholesaler rather than a Dealership. The vehicle I bought booked out at $16415, and I got it for $10875. www.lakeshoreautowholesalers.com is the site I found it at check it out you might be surprised.
  • mlocamloca Posts: 15
    I just stopped into a BMW dealership to look at a 530Xi and the saleperson said I should check out a Certified 745Li with 59K miles. It has the maintenance plan to 100K miles too (everything scheduled plus brakes, rotors, wipers, everything but tires). They want $30K for it. Is this a reasonable price?

The car is very clean, saw the records (bought and maintained at the same dealership).