Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vsaxenavsaxena Posts: 201
    Incentives normally do not expire especially when the model year is ending and there are cars still being produced. They expire if production has stopped. Then the dealers punch their unsold inventory (declare it as sold) and then sell them as demos, or use them as loaners. This way they keep the incentives.

If the car is still under production and there is a lot of unsold inventory, the incentives will continue (or might even go up as they did last year).

The inventory levels seem to be lower this year since BMW seems to have adjusted to lower roadster sales and the introduction of newer roadster models by other vendors.
  • Firstly, regarding incentives - 2005 Z.4's must still be in production because I want to order an '05 2.5i and the dealer I'm negotiating with just indicated the market allowances have been extended until the end of October. The market allowances posted by kyfdx are correct.

Secondly, I need some numbers and opinions.......

This is what I want to order -
    2005 Z4 2.5i
    Toledo Blue Metallic (Exterior)
    Beige leather (Interior)
    Light Popular Grain Wood Trim
    Black fully-auto soft-top
    Power front seats
    MANUAL TRANSMISSION
    Wind Deflector

This is the dealer's offer:
    $34,365 plus Tax 6%, New tag retail $250.00, Transfer $150.00, Dealer Fee $379.50, Lemon Law fee $2.00, Tire,Battery fee $6.50. If you Lease there is a Lease Fee of $70.49 to the State of Florida.

Questions:
    1- what amount is the sales tax applied to (cap cost, lease cost, etc.)?
    2- what are the residual values for 36, 39 and 48 month leases? what should money factors be, respectively?
    3-TMV 'What Others are Paying' is $35,106. Is this a good deal?
    Thank you!
  • bdr127bdr127 Posts: 950
    3-TMV 'What Others are Paying' is $35,106. Is this a good deal?

IF you're paying almost $1000 under "what others are paying", then it's probably a good deal, huh?
  • New incentives for October in case you missed it:

2.5 - $3000
    3.0 - $5000
  • Cap cost = $34,065

Now dealer wants to add $825.00 bank fee & $500 Refundable Security Deposit for an '05 BMW Z4 with regard to the 30 month lease. According to a previous post, basic bank fee is $625, so he's marking that up. I have leased 3 vehicles in the past and NEVER paid bank/acquisition fees nor security deposit. When are security deposits required (high risk borrower?)? Has anyone else experienced this? :confuse:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,621
    Those are pretty much typical for any lease... Ford Credit is the only bank that hasn't historically had acquisition fees, and even they have them now... You may have been paying the fee, and not known it.. They probably just rolled it into the cap cost..

Security deposits are pretty much "di rigeur" as well.. Although not as omnipresent as acquisition fees.. Many lessors waive them for repeat customers, or in exchange for a higher money factor...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• bdr127bdr127 Posts: 950
    Like kyfdx said, those a pretty standard parts of a lease.... They aren't the "dealer" charging them, either. It's the bank (in this case, BMWFS).
  • is the 06 model going to be offered as a convertible and coupe or just coupe?
    Both..

• Thanks, any major changes in the 2006 convertible , also pictures?
    Please continue the general discussion about the Z4 here:

BMW Z4

And, we'll leave this discussion for pricing issues..

Thanks!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

I'm not certain the coupe will be here as an '06 model... It may be an '07, by the time it gets here.. (even if it is in '06)..

The '06 roadsters will be here much sooner...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• z4gurlz4gurl Posts: 2
    Hello all,

I wanted your opinion on the deal I negotiated for my new Z4.

2004 Z4 - Jet Black
    MSRP: $41,120
    Invoice: $37,910
    Purchase: $34,000
    Demo with 4500 miles - not punched as demo
    New Warranty with additional 5000 miles and 3 months
    55,000 miles and 51 months
    Black Leather
    Premium Package
    Auto Transmission
    heated Seats

Purchased 10/18/05. Includes $2500 marketing support incentive.

What do you all think?
  • z4gurl, in Oct marketing support incentive for 2.5 is $3K.
  • z4gurlz4gurl Posts: 2
    You are correct...I was thinking 2.5 (z4 engine) and not incentive of 3k. I

$910 below invoice plus the 3k incentive...purchase price of $34k.
  • 2005 Jet Black Z4
    MSRP $39970
    Selling price - $35250
    Edmund's TMV- $35396

Sport Pkg.
    heated seats
    5 sp
    upgrade stereo
    power top
    leather/suede combo
    xenon

z4gurl , considering my '05 deal maybe you didn't get such a deal?? But, if you're happy with it that's all that matters.
  • 2005 Z4 2.5i - Jet Black
    MSRP $43,370
    Invoice $39,760

Premium Pkg.
    Sport Pkg.
    Steptronic
    Leather
    Xenon
    BMW Assist

Dealer will do $38,030 + $499 dealer prep fee = $38530.

Considering that there is currently a $3000 incentive on the car (making the true dealer cost of the car $36, 760), I'm wondering if this is considered a good deal? I tried to get the dealer to drop the $499 dealer fee but they wouldn't go for it? Any opinions or advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,573
    a $43K something MSRP seems high for a 2.5i, you could get a nicely equipped 3.0i for maybe just a little more (and a larger incentive. Jusdt something to consider.

YOu should offer Invoice minus Incentive plus $500.

Please disregard the $499 dealer prep fee. It is nothing but pure profit. What does the dealer prep fee include I wonder?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• iparkipark Posts: 3
    I got a lease quoted around $40,000 for Z4 3.0 with heated seat, premium package, and xeon light.(10,000/month)

my monthly payment is about $420/month +tax for 27 months.
    I know that there is $5000 incentive this month.
    Should I try to go below or is it a good price?

Also In edmund, TMV price is 40K and invoice for about $43K for this car,
    I think I should go for somwhere in 38K.

What do you think about it?

your comments would be appreciated.
  • About to start the search for a new car in a week and the Z4 is top of the list, followed by the IS250 and the TSX.
    In checking out the TMV for the 2.5 w/ Auto & metallic paint - it shows as $32139 (Inv at 33730 / MRSP at 36745) which seems to reflect the 3K incentive for Nov. In the event I postpone my purchase until DEC does anyone in the know have info on the incentives carrying over to Dec.? I'm hoping to meet or beat the TMV this late in the year and maybe grab the Sport cloth / lthr combo if possible if I can save a little.
    Generally, once BMW puts cash incentives on a vehicle, then they never "go away".. At some point, they will end, but the dealers then report the cars as "sold", and collect the incentive..

Lease incentives are another story, altogether..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• xfirexfire Posts: 13
    I got a local dealer( internet sales) pricing for $39,900 + T&L.
    Auto
    Sports Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Htd Seats
    Cars Direct is @ $40,237.

Is this typical, or waiting another month might be lower do to the '06 models coming out w/ 4 types of Z4's starting at a lower price than the current 2.5i. I don't want to see the MSRP lower on the '06 w/ new upgrades and styling and have paid more for the '05.

Any help on '06 would be appreciated!
    There is a $5000 dealer cash incentive on the '05.. You don't say what the MSRP is of the car you are considering.. .. but, I seriously doubt that the '06 will be cheaper...

But, it isn't here yet, and I have no information on it..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

kyfdx: MSRP is $47,870. Dealer is wanting $39,995. All options stated in previous post. FYI: The MSRP on the new '06 are: 2.5si, $41,500; 3.0si $48,800, as seen @ auto123.com
    Well.. their price of $40K seems fair.. If the new 3.0 model is $48,800, then that will be a lot more money...

No telling what BMW might do with incentives... but, if you wait too long, then the selection of '05s will definitely drop off...

What happened to the Crossfire? You can pickup a Limited convertible for $30K, right now..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums
    kyfdx

• auto123.com is a Canadian site - Are you sure those MSRP aren't in Canadian currency? Sounds like quite a jump for vehicle (the convertible) that will remain pretty much the same as the 05 model!
    I gave you the U.S. $. The website I went to was http://automotive.mytelus.com/automotive/autonews/index.spy?cmd=view&artid=51360. I went to auto123.com for the Crossfire. I'm looking at either a 05' Z4 3.0i, or the Crossfire SRT6. Same $ for both @ $39k. I'm leaning toward the Crossfire, but unsure of the Chrysler/Mercedes QT vs BMW's. The XF has tremendous pwr, and is surely a true roadster! Problem is the stiffer ride vs. the Z4. If I want to go on a long trip there is NO way that I could do it the XF. The Z4 gives up around 100hp + the true feeling of a roadster. I have a dilemma. The new '06 Z4 will add an additional 30hp, but the deals on the '05's will be hard to beat!
    Did you try the Crossfire Limited? It would probably ride softer than the SRT, and have comparable acceleration to the Z4 3.0... certainly faster than the 2.5 model..

It might be the best of both worlds, and save you $10K, as well....

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Thanks kyfdx. I did! But the SRT6 is superior on the corners and handling overall!Carsdirect has the LTD Roadster w/ auto @ $32,441. I've considered the two, and the compromise is there. That's a $7.5k diff. Considering that the LTD Roadster has as much horsies as the Z4 3.0, it might be the deal breaker.
    What is your opinion on the QC of Chrysler vs BMW? Also, what about the resale value in 4-5 years, respectively?
    I'm also nervous that Chrysler is going to lower the MSRP on the '06's, which might be a breakeven in the savings dept- all things being equal. If the sticker is $3-5K less( LTD-SRT since there is too much $ in the car from the start in '05 models), and you deduct for the model year+rebates, you might be better off waiting? Newer model, same $ or close to it. Maybe $3-5k more for the '06's vs same model '05's!? Any news on '06 pricing? I gave you the link to the BMW '06 pricing above in previous post.

Thanks!

P.S. Could one put softer tires on the SRT6 to compensate for the stiff ride if I go on a long trip-say 1k miles(RT 2k)? Those Michelins are almost flat! They have the Continentals on the LTD that are softer do to the size etc. There is also a que. as to liability for changing out the tires I believe(?), if one gets in an accidente. I need to check this out...
    That stiff ride and hard tires are part of what make the car handle better in the corners... I don't think I would mess with the set-up that comes from the factory... Not to mention, those 18" and 19" tire sizes aren't exactly cheap..

Resale is obviously on the side of BMW.... Quality is hard to say... Both cars seem to have a lot of little niggling quality issues.... However, you won't pay for maintenance on the BMW for four years..

But, neither of these cars is overwhelmingly popular right now... resale is going to be a crapshoot... That said, I'd rather buy the current model at an $8K-$10K discount, than wait for a new one..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums