Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am getting ahead of myself a bit, but i am looking to lease a 2.5 Z4 this summer. I want to get it sometime between June and August.

Can anyone give me a ballpark idea of what i'll be paying. i figure i'll get no options other than leather and steptronic. i definitely want to stay under $500/month for 36 months and 12k miles. i actually hope i can be closer to $400.

i know it'll be hard to estimate what incentives there will be in the summer. Will i be better off waiting till september and hoping to catch another huge incentive deal like there was last year?

-nick
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,640
    Considering the deals the last two years... I wouldn't jump on one in the summer... unless the lease incentives are really good.. Sometimes, it is a wash, though... Once they throw the big cash at them, the money factors rise, and the residuals drop..

It is a simpler choice if you are purchasing... wait for the big incentives... they had them in '03 and '04.. Nothing would point to them being able to move them without incentives late this year, either..

As a reference... right now, a 3yr/36K lease would be about $450/mo.+ tax.. with 1st pymt, $625 acquisition fee, and security deposit upfront.. MSRP $37500, selling price $35,500.

regards,

kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• thanks, that's exactly the info i was looking for. sat in a red 2.5 at the philly car show today, it was awesome!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,395
    Any word on whether or not the '06 Z4 will have the new Valvetronic I6 motors?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• rjbparjbpa Posts: 28
    This message board started last August. Can anyone tell me the history of the incentives for the 2004's before that date? I know that sometime in May the cash incentives went up but they lowered the residuals and raised the money factors on leases. I am trying to use last year to figure out the best time to get an 05 if BMW holds to the same pattern.
  • vsaxenavsaxena Posts: 201
    You can count on BMW reducing the production number of the Z4s for the US market this year. You should not count on the high incentives appearing again. They need to preserve the used car market value to ensure that their off-lease vehicles do not cost them a fortune.

If you are looking for a good deal, call around and ask if they have any 2004s to sell. Once the incentives for the 2004 ended, the would have punched them. They will now be selling them as CPO cars. So you can an almost brand new car, with 6 years warranty and substantial discounts (10K off $49K for a loaded 3.0 Z4). You can use leasecompare.com etc. to find non BMWFS leases, if BMWFS lease rates are not great.
  • I currently have an offer from a dealer for a 2.5 Z4, sterling gray, Black Leather, Premium, Sport, Steptronic, Heated Seats, and Xenon for $40,655 (including mats) +TTL.

Seems like an alright deal, but I have a couple of questions.

1) There's a MACO charge of $315, which I believe is an advertising charge, right? What kind of success has anyone had not paying this, negotiating down, etc?

2) There's also a "Training Service Fee" of $160 ... what the heck is this?

3) Lastly, does anyone know the holdback on '05 Z4s (both 2.5 and 3.0)?

Basically, I'm trying to present a dealer with a very quick, easy, no hassle sale, and the final price I offer will be based on the answers to these questions.

Thanks for all your help.
    The training fee and MACO are both charges on the dealer's invoice... They are part of his costs...

If you negotiated a certain amount "over invoice", then they are indeed legitimate charges... This is part of the drawback of "over invoice" deals.

But, if you negotiated $40,655, and then they try to add these on top of that, then that is B.S... These are their costs, not yours..

On another note, if you get the invoice price off of Edmunds or KBB, then you'll notice that it is the same price as the dealer's invoice plus the training fee. It won't reflect the MACO, as that varies according to region.

regards,
    kyfdx

• Thanks for the help ky ... I actually didn't even negotiate that (well, not really). It was basically his first offer ($400 over invoice).

I'm not a greedy individual, and will not try to scrape up every last cent that I can out of a deal; I'm just trying to find out how much profit (if any) a dealer makes on one of these if I were to purchase at invoice.

Do you know what, if any, type of holdback there is on these?

Thanks
    No holdback..

There are no incentives presently on the Z4.. There were big incentives on the '04 Z4, and if you could find one left over, you could probably negotiate $10K off MSRP....

$400 over invoice is a good deal, even with the training and MACO...

regards,
    kyfdx

• According to a pricing web page BMW is currently offering incentives on the 2005 Z4's. Looks like at least 3000 on the 3.0 and at least 1000 on the 2.5. Has anyone else seen this. These are being offered in the south east.
    BMW introduced incentives on the Z4 roadsters: $2,500 for the 2.5 and $4,500 on the 3.0.

regards,
    kyfdx

• pete3721pete3721 Posts: 10
    With the help of the incentives, got offers at about $400 below the published invoice. Good deal?
    I'd be looking at $1000-$1500 under for the 2.5.. and $3000-$3500 under for the 3.0...

You might have to shop around for that...

• You know, I almost purchased my Z4 on Monday night. In fact, I was down at the dealership, selected it, and they were going to have it detailed and ready to pick up on Tuesday (for $300 over Edmunds' Invoice).

But, I got hit, and hard, by some sort of a bug, and couldn't go in ... I called and let them know.

Now, I find out there's a $4500 off incentive. So, I guess in a way it's a good thing I got sick. I feel kind of bad going back to the salesman and telling him, "I know we had pretty much come to terms at Invoice + $300, but now there's a $4500 rebate, so we're going to need to DRASTICALLY reduce that price".

I feel bad, and if it was a couple hundred bucks I'd let it slide (since he's been so accommodating), but for $4500, how can I not do it?
    Good suggestion, thanks... Now done the deal with $1500 below invoice. It's a 2.5L.
    Nothing to feel bad about.. Just go ahead and straightly ask for the discount! If they had sold the car to you on Monday, they would not get that $4500 anyway. The incentive starts at Tuesday. So it's win-win situation.
  • peakpropeakpro Posts: 65
    I am trying to make a deal for a 2005 Manual Z4.

Most dealers in NJ will only offer an additional $300-$1000 off after taking into account the incentives.

They seem not willing to move.

Can I ask what others are paying with the incentives.

thanks
  • I'm getting ready to offer Edmunds TMV on a 3.0 Z4, Premium Pkg.,steptronic and heated seats. This price is over $4500 lower than the MSRP. I'm assuming the TMV reflects the $4500 discount. Anyone know what my chances of success are?
    Since the incentive is $4500... you should be looking to offer $6500-$7500 less than MSRP..

Depends on the dealer.. At $6500 under MSRP, I'd say your chances are excellent... the lower you offer, the less chance there will be..

But, you don't get what you don't ask for...

regards,
    kyfdx